Jimmy Bartel's take on the Saints' 2017 season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Jimmy Bartel's take on the Saints' 2017 season

We know who we have got courtesy of those selected consistently

And of those selected consistently only Gilbert and Roberton are automatic in my view - absent Montagna

What we do not know is what the likes of particularly White and Rice will bring to the table given realists opportunities

Will Rice be our Hurn? Because that is his future to be worthwhile in the side we hope we can put together

White I have high hopes for - from Game 1 so, as with Acres who showed similar attributes in Game 1 what went wrong?

McKenzie has had more opportunity but has not consolidated and has some distance to go to establish at AFL level let alone what we need

Newnes does not have the overhead ability and does not have the pace to close space. At best a winger

Savage improved late but is still suspect to me. Lacks the required mongrel to scrap when required

And the jury is still out on Webster who lacks consistency including with disposal There is just something missing

So there might be names but they are precisely that - names

We have to see the performance to fill the void Bartel identifies as our most glaring

Given Bartel probably sees little of St Kilds he identifies the obvious by industry knowledge - so nothing new

So have we got enough?

Simply, we do not know

So if we can add what we need, we add

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I reckon that article was ghost written.
Yep
By this guy

https://au.linkedin.com/in/anthony-colangelo-180a1796

Shows how sad and desperate things have become here when people clutch on to a non story like this one for some level of comfort.

Trent McKenzie for goodness sake. Cant get a game at the biggest rabble in vfl/afl history.

Jesus people. Show some dignity and self respect.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

blah, blah, blah,
WHAT COACH ALAN RICHARDSON SAID:

"The last step is the most difficult one. That's true with most teams ... I think if you look at every team in the competition, with the exception of the Bulldogs last year, it takes a while, and it takes some kicks in the guts. We think our best footy is strong enough to be competitive with anyone, and we think we have proven that. But what we have also proven is that there is a gap between our best footy and our poor performances. That's our focus; to keep making sure that we keep nailing what works for us."

– with Jim Jess
Definitely a ghost writer.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
blah, blah, blah,
WHAT COACH ALAN RICHARDSON SAID:

"The last step is the most difficult one. That's true with most teams ... I think if you look at every team in the competition, with the exception of the Bulldogs last year, it takes a while, and it takes some kicks in the guts. We think our best footy is strong enough to be competitive with anyone, and we think we have proven that. But what we have also proven is that there is a gap between our best footy and our poor performances. That's our focus; to keep making sure that we keep nailing what works for us."

– with Jim Jess
Definitely a ghost writer.
Gold! :D

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?