Who Wants To Come To Us?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who Wants To Come To Us?

Yorkeys wrote:Plenty of good players would like to be Saints. Seriously would you want a Dustin Martin - look at the media show, how Richmond were put behind him and his manager - selling announcement rights, for heavens sake. He will win the Brownlow, Richmond will go out in straight sets; every other club will work out how to tackle someone with a great fend and his salary cap will remain. Rance is the real Richmond super star. The only player worth the million $ tag is Buddy and then only if Sydney go top this year. That sort of money is crippling. Watch Sydney come back to the field when COL top up kicks in. We don't need too much more to make a quantum leap and the players to take us there are in the draft and a few clever trades as well as our injury list. And the current list. A smart manager would know that if one of his better players wanted to ride the Saints wave.
Excellent points.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:It's hard to see why someone like Kelly would come to us for footballing reasons when he's surrounded by such talent at GWS.

Still, we weren't much chop in the period when Gehrig, Hamill and Lawrence joined us either, but they could at least see the potential in the young players in the club at the time. It's hard to see the club landing anyone as good as the G Train any time soon, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I tend to feel the same way ( regarding J. Kelly ). However, the points contained in your second paragraph are also realistic.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
ctqs
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Winmar wrote:It's hard to see why someone like Kelly would come to us for footballing reasons when he's surrounded by such talent at GWS.

Still, we weren't much chop in the period when Gehrig, Hamill and Lawrence joined us either, but they could at least see the potential in the young players in the club at the time. It's hard to see the club landing anyone as good as the G Train any time soon, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I tend to feel the same way ( regarding J. Kelly ). However, the points contained in your second paragraph are also realistic.
The lure of playing under Malcolm Blight (as well as cash) was a big factor in getting the likes of Hamill and Gehrig.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
supersaints
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote:Plenty of good players would like to be Saints. Seriously would you want a Dustin Martin - look at the media show, how Richmond were put behind him and his manager - selling announcement rights, for heavens sake. He will win the Brownlow, Richmond will go out in straight sets; every other club will work out how to tackle someone with a great fend and his salary cap will remain. Rance is the real Richmond super star. The only player worth the million $ tag is Buddy and then only if Sydney go top this year. That sort of money is crippling. Watch Sydney come back to the field when COL top up kicks in. We don't need too much more to make a quantum leap and the players to take us there are in the draft and a few clever trades as well as our injury list. And the current list. A smart manager would know that if one of his better players wanted to ride the Saints wave.
With Dustbin...I've always been a bit surprised that the tackler does not drop the tacklling arms , grab his fend off arm or hand and bend or break a few fingers

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player

With Dustbin...I've always been a bit surprised that the tackler does not drop the tacklling arms , grab his fend off arm or hand and bend or break a few fingers

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!