Best 22 without trades

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Best 22 without trades

dragit wrote:
MickThomas wrote:
dragit wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Yep, Geelong targeted Geary in 2014, according to the HS. Three years ago. They can't have tried too hard as they normally get their man. A speculative article is proof? I doubt they were too serious. I also doubt he'd be in their best 22 now. I bet they were spewing they couldn't get him over the line.
Apologies if it doesn't fit your narrative of Geary being s*** and Geelong being recruiting deity, it was reported pretty widely at the time, check it with one of your connections if you wish.

He has flaws no doubt, but I think most sides would play Geary if they needed to shut down a gun small forward like Betts or Rioli… his record at doing this is very good.
This forum is about opinions.
If you don't like his opinion, buy a box of Kleenex and have a big sook.
More than happy to chat with WW as he is capable of critical and robust discussion and has a clue… unlike yourself who can't handle being challenged when continually posting absurd and derogatory insults about the players.
+1.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
To the top
SS Life Member

Geary is part of our Zone defence, a defence that gets cut up as it does week in and week out.

He does NOT negate small forwards.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Geary is part of our Zone defence, a defence that gets cut up as it does week in and week out.

:roll:

Perhaps you shoud change your name to Over the Top as that is just wrong..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
MickThomas
Club Player

To the top wrote:Geary is part of our Zone defence, a defence that gets cut up as it does week in and week out.

You aren't watching the games.
Geary chooses when to leave his man and go help a brother. He has that experience and ability to pick the right time,
then he gets back to play on the Betts/Rioli types, his specialty being a stopper of such nuisances.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saints66
Club Player

older saint wrote:Here's is my go at our Rnd 1 team 2018 as the list stands prior to trades and draft picks assuming everyone fit and available and natural improvement of another pre season;

B: Geary, Brown, Webster
HB: White, Carlisle, Roberton
C: Newness, Ross, Sinclair
HF: Billings, Bruce, Acres
F: Membrey, McCartin, Gresham
Foll: Longer, Steven, Armitage

Int: Gilbert, Steele, Dunstan, Savage

Emerg: Freeman, Stevens, Marshall

Love to slip a Kelly or Whitfield in there somewhere :D
Same old, still looks a little slow