We Need a Gun Up Forward

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Need a Gun Up Forward

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Check the facts. How's their number one pick going compared to ours. Rising star and has played as many senior games in one year as ours has in three. Want me to go on? I could, but your posts speak for themselves.
Let's just call Paddy "Gunna".

He's either Gunna be a champion - if we wait another 5 years (because key forwards take at least 8 years to develop), or he's Gunna have another significant concussion and it will be all over.

Take your pick!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Darth Vader
Club Player

Proph3t of egan wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
takeaway wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Check the facts. How's their number one pick going compared to ours. Rising star and has played as many senior games in one year as ours has in three. Want me to go on? I could, but your posts speak for themselves.
We didn't have No. 1 pick last year. If we did we would have picked McGrath. Paddy is a big forward, was always going to take time, and was the right selection - his type is scarce & expensive to recruit. We did well with the Carlisle/Gresham trade compared to Essendon. Our recruiting since about 2013 has imo been better than most. Every club get hits and misses, you cold go through it forever. Thank you for saying my posts speak for themselves, I guess they do. Er, so do yours!
Oh good grief. You always ignore the facts and play the man. Essendon finished above us. Again. McGrath, Parish, Laverde (whom Elshyte coveted) Francis, Fantasia, Merret, AMT etc. I could go on and humiliate you, but you do that to yourself. How's our mob going against that? Why don't you take away your ridiculous posts and not come back?
Watch out for parish, lavarde and Francis. absolute guns of the game and are better than any player st kilda has ever had
Agree 100% with this. If I had to rank them it goes Francis, Parish, Laverde, Lockett then Riewoldt.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Have enjoyed reading through this

However i felt the whole Mccartin thing wasnt so much ability it was safety.

I cant see how he can confidently play going forward - how many concussions is he away from 'serious problems'?

For the record - i spoke to my cousin - who is on the nutritionist team at Hawks and she said she would be very surprised if the D1 isnt being effectively managed.
Although i could ONLY GIVE HER THE LIMITED information discussed on here she couldnt understand WHY it would be a problem - as in there MUST be more to it. Alas, thats info beyond me.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
takeaway wrote:
We didn't have No. 1 pick last year. If we did we would have picked McGrath. Paddy is a big forward, was always going to take time, and was the right selection - his type is scarce & expensive to recruit. We did well with the Carlisle/Gresham trade compared to Essendon. Our recruiting since about 2013 has imo been better than most. Every club get hits and misses, you cold go through it forever. Thank you for saying my posts speak for themselves, I guess they do. Er, so do yours!
Oh good grief. You always ignore the facts and play the man. Essendon finished above us. Again. McGrath, Parish, Laverde (whom Elshyte coveted) Francis, Fantasia, Merret, AMT etc. I could go on and humiliate you, but you do that to yourself. How's our mob going against that? Why don't you take away your ridiculous posts and not come back?
Watch out for parish, lavarde and Francis. absolute guns of the game and are better than any player st kilda has ever had
Agree 100% with this. If I had to rank them it goes Francis, Parish, Laverde, Lockett then Riewoldt.
Sarcasm to ignore the truth. Champagne posting! Usual standard maintained! Carry on.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
takeaway wrote:
Sarcasm to ignore the truth. Champagne posting! Usual standard maintained! Carry on.
Say something stupid get a stupid reply

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
MickThomas
Club Player

Proph3t of egan wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
takeaway wrote:
I beg to differ.
GPH has always constructed his posts in a clear, concise manner, perfect grammar, with great analysis and objectivity, and then
backed up his statements with logic.
He simply replied to an insult with a short sharp reply, as it deserved.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

MickThomas wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
takeaway wrote:
I beg to differ.
GPH has always constructed his posts in a clear, concise manner, perfect grammar, with great analysis and objectivity, and then
backed up his statements with logic.
He simply replied to an insult with a short sharp reply, as it deserved.
So he didn't just say that Lavarde and Francis are better than the young players we have? Phew, glad we sorted that out.

Doesn't matter how 'concise' you are, it's the contents rather than the presentation that makes something stupid

If I go on an extremely verbose speech about how apples are far superior to wretched oranges, does it make the statement better?

Darth Vader
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
takeaway wrote:
Seriously, McGrath we never had access, Parish the same, Laverde nothing special, Francis we gave up for Carlisle and Gresham - would take that any day, Fantasia and Merret went in 2013 draft - same draft we got Billings, Dunstan and Acres, I'm happy with our return, AMT a lucky rookie pick, it happens. Yes, they finished above us. Won't happen next year.

takeaway
Club Player

What was this thread about again? Certainly been fun. Been polluted with bomber supporters I think

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bombers clearly got us in the Carlisle trade and subsequent draft picks. Francis and Bird only played four games between them this year, but they were all quality compared to Gresham and Carlisle.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

And we finished 11 th. Thrashed by the very same Essendon. The statement that we will finish above them next year is based purely on hope, rather than evidence. The point was their group of youngsters is better than ours. It wasn't about who outraded whom. Did I mention they finished above us?

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:And we finished 11 th. Thrashed by the very same Essendon. The statement that we will finish above them next year is based purely on hope, rather than evidence. The point was their group of youngsters is better than ours. It wasn't about who outraded whom. Did I mention they finished above us?
and the statement that their youngsters are better then ours our purely opinions. They do have some good young players (daniher and merrett) but so do we, with Billings and Ross coming to mind. So if it's not about being outraded, why do you being it up at all?

You also don't try to shack the bomber supporter tag do you?

takeaway
Club Player

Proph3t of egan wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:And we finished 11 th. Thrashed by the very same Essendon. The statement that we will finish above them next year is based purely on hope, rather than evidence. The point was their group of youngsters is better than ours. It wasn't about who outraded whom. Did I mention they finished above us?
and the statement that their youngsters are better then ours our purely opinions. They do have some good young players (daniher and merrett) but so do we, with Billings and Ross coming to mind. So if it's not about being outraded, why do you being it up at all?

You also don't try to shack the bomber supporter tag do you?
Daniher is also father/son, a lot of clubs have had huge benefit from this scheme, but not us. I would back our youngsters against the bombers youth, just need to kick straight. That cost us 2-4 games this year.

saints66
Club Player

Kicking straight is part of the game and should be included in any comparison. Our mids are either better or worse than Essendons kicking included.

Personally I would love Zac Merett added to our mids and then I could definately say our mids are better than Essendons.

MelbWest

mr six o'clock wrote:
MelbWest wrote:
ace wrote:I thought we had a No 1 draft pick and used it on a gun forward.
That's what most posters here insist.

Maybe they will change their minds once he announces his retirement due to concussion issues.
You idiot. McCartin will smash it next year.
Welcome back colin
Who is colin?

MelbWest

MickThomas wrote:
MelbWest wrote:
ace wrote:I thought we had a No 1 draft pick and used it on a gun forward.
That's what most posters here insist.

Maybe they will change their minds once he announces his retirement due to concussion issues.
You idiot. McCartin will smash it next year.
***citywest back in da house
Who is citywest?

MelbWest

I didn't realize if you call someone an idiot for saying something idiotic you get a warning FFS.

MickThomas
Club Player

MelbWest wrote:I didn't realize if you call someone an idiot for saying something idiotic you get a warning FFS.
read the rules at the top of the forums

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saints66
Club Player

SMS wrote:McCartin, Battle and H.Goddard.
Unfortunetly we have yet to see these players. But all 3 are future elite players. Relax give it time. 2019/2020 youll be loving all 3.

McCartin is training the house down. ALL these BS rumors about him fair dinkum such crap. Hopper to carton was it? Fyfe to Saints? Dusty leaving? about 1/100 rumors are true. 1% yet we all believe things straight away.

2018 will reveal all these things. This time next year we will know where we are at. Right now we need to support. It coud go either way. Very young squad who are about to all reach 50 games together. Some did this year but when the other half does the second half of next year things should start to click very nicely.
is there a medal for training the house down

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saints66 wrote:
SMS wrote:McCartin, Battle and H.Goddard.
Unfortunetly we have yet to see these players. But all 3 are future elite players. Relax give it time. 2019/2020 youll be loving all 3.

McCartin is training the house down. ALL these BS rumors about him fair dinkum such crap. Hopper to carton was it? Fyfe to Saints? Dusty leaving? about 1/100 rumors are true. 1% yet we all believe things straight away.

2018 will reveal all these things. This time next year we will know where we are at. Right now we need to support. It coud go either way. Very young squad who are about to all reach 50 games together. Some did this year but when the other half does the second half of next year things should start to click very nicely.
is there a medal for training the house down
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll train your house down... the wolf award.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Kosi thread.
Just you wait doubters.
Next year he is going to tear it up and rip the whole AFL competition apart.

Said every pre season for ten years in a row.

If one of Battle, Paddy or Goddard end up elite I'll be over the moon.

All three?
No chance. Zero chance. Won't happen.