Podcast on Saints Herald Sun

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Podcast on Saints Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 5d030273b6

Listen in from around minute 9.20.
Very good analysis of Saints I reckon. Interesting to note a couple of unbiased outsiders couldn't work out our brand. Richo and co and players need to amend this for 2018.

Not sure what that stat was about regarding our players 25 and under.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Podcast on Saints Herald Sun

Pretty much summed up where our midfield is at- "good players but they don't kill you..accumulators etc...". Also mentioned inconsistency.

Nothing new about identifying our brand of football- obviously most people(including the players) can't figure out what style we are playing or how we are going about it, and I am not sure how Richo is going to have some dramatic turn around in his skillsets as coach for next season.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

We are playing saints footy.

saint6709
Club Player

spert wrote:Pretty much summed up where our midfield is at- "good players but they don't kill you..accumulators etc...". Also mentioned inconsistency.

Nothing new about identifying our brand of football- obviously most people(including the players) can't figure out what style we are playing or how we are going about it, and I am not sure how Richo is going to have some dramatic turn around in his skillsets as coach for next season.
I didn't listen to it - but would think it not much of a big deal that a couple of unbiased people chirped in that they didn't get what our brand is - we have been in the wilderness since 2012 - not many people outside of saints supporters take too much notice of us - I can't imagine these people could identify very well with the 'brand' of the teams below us on the ladder either - apart from probably Hawthorne who are still exuding the hangover of a period of sustained success

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Pretty much summed up where our midfield is at- "good players but they don't kill you..accumulators etc...". Also mentioned inconsistency.

Here hopes Richo tunes the game plan around. Maybe some new ideas and new blood is needed to amend this and help him out.

Liked the comment about the midfielders - we have a bunch of good players in there. All the more reason we need an A grade gun......please be J. Kelly. Apparently he is coming back to Vic this year.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Here hopes Richo tunes the game plan around. Maybe some new ideas and new blood is needed to amend this and help him out.

Liked the comment about the midfielders - we have a bunch of good players in there. All the more reason we need an A grade gun......please be J. Kelly. Apparently he is coming back to Vic this year.
He was back tonight and probably staying with the rellies in Moorabbin. :wink: .

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!