Goddard to CHF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard to CHF

Goddard has a long long way to go!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ace
Saintsational Legend

He would move faster in a wheel chair.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:He would move faster in a wheel chair.
Some of those motorised wheel chairs move really fast. I was like, look out, I'm trying to walk here!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Wombat15
Club Player

In regards to the OP. Just Keep bruce out of the ruck. I'm all in favour for positionless football and being able to rotate the bigs. But it does mean we are banking on hand full gamers in Marshall and Hugh.
My dream scenario in 3 years time would have Marshall, Goddard and Carlisle as the keys that could rotate through F,R&D. If you can throw different looks around the ground it may prove quite useful. The NBA has used this with small ball, NFL with Catching RBs. Can't see why it wouldn't work in footy. Stick with me here.
This is considering if brown isn't there.
You'd have Bruce, Paddy and Membrey up forward. Goddard and Carlisle down back then you have Marshall and Longer in the ruck. If development falls out way surely you can rotate Marshall around with HG and JC and Puffing Billy. Does require Marshall to have a massive tank but if he's a jack of all trades but master of none that still works. Only need him to be a C grader for the plan to work. This is massive optimistic thinking but I'm all for throwing blokes around the park and bamboozling opposing defenders.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Wombat15 wrote:In regards to the OP. Just Keep bruce out of the ruck. I'm all in favour for positionless football and being able to rotate the bigs. But it does mean we are banking on hand full gamers in Marshall and Hugh.
My dream scenario in 3 years time would have Marshall, Goddard and Carlisle as the keys that could rotate through F,R&D. If you can throw different looks around the ground it may prove quite useful. The NBA has used this with small ball, NFL with Catching RBs. Can't see why it wouldn't work in footy. Stick with me here.
You'd have Bruce, Paddy and Membrey up forward. Goddard and Carlisle down back then you have Marshall and Longer in the ruck. If development falls out way surely you can rotate Marshall around with HG and JC and Puffing Billy. Does require Marshall to have a massive tank but if he's a jack of all trades but master of none that still works. Only need him to be a C grader for the plan to work. This is massive optimistic thinking but I'm all for throwing blokes around the park and bamboozling opposing defenders.
The trouble is we will probably just bamboozle ourselves.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
footynut
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
Wombat15 wrote:In regards to the OP. Just Keep bruce out of the ruck. I'm all in favour for positionless football and being able to rotate the bigs. But it does mean we are banking on hand full gamers in Marshall and Hugh.
The trouble is we will probably just bamboozle ourselves.
Agree 100%, postered a similar idea weeks ago and got shot down.