Richo looks to get aggresive at 2017 trade table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Richo looks to get aggresive at 2017 trade table

Teflon wrote:That fits the profile a bit
Good developer, motivator, good with impressionable kids......
Not necessarily an AFL Premiership coach so what do we do?
Extend his contract....
Mediocrity reigns at St Kilda ....

You can see in our ball movement we lack system and our finishing is terrible ....hearts and minds stuff won't change that...
Well, nobody's 'necessarily' an AFL Premiership coach who hasn't already been one. And in fact, what we usually do is sack the coach - which has always worked so well, as we know. Totally true though - our finishing is attrocious.

Still, I'm in the camp that thinks if you've got someone who ticks more than half the boxes - which AR seems to do - bringing in new assistants and encouraging a rethink is smarter. Hammill will surely go. Who to replace him?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:He just strikes me as someone out of touch with reality.

The time to 'feel sick in the guts' was two weeks ago when we lost to Melbourne. Probably even earlier when it became apparent that our game plan was too easy to pick apart.

Everyone in the footy world knew the Melbourne game was the end of our season so not sure why AR was relying on the Dockers to beat Essendon?

This kind of stuff makes me cringe

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-28/a ... richardson

He seems unwilling to accept just how far off we truly are. He is full of buzz words and blathering on about 'effort' and being 'strong' but seems to lack any insight into the flaws in our game plan. Some of which is his responsibility. We are also not even a tough side anyway. Most of the time our tackles are brushed away like flies.
If we arent tough, skilled or well drilled. What the hell are we?
Yeah it's hollow isn't it?
What concerns me (and why I actually liked listening to Lyon when he was at his best after one of our losses) was Richardson offers nothing of substance as to where or why we are breaking down? It's just all emotive cliches (no wonder senior players call him mini GT.... king of corporate BS if ever there was....)

I truly fear we have another and if so we are set for years in the wilderness yet...
Interesting to hear players calling AR a mini GT, as the players loved GT but knew he had no tactical nous which was his major short coming. If AR is the same which we have seen evidence of thats very worrying.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Imagine if Richmond lost patience with Hardwick.
Yeah imagine.

Why are people people talking up Richmond/Hardwick like a success story?
Errrr Because they are currently a very strong side at the moment. They have beaten some good teams this year. Did you not see them tear us to pieces last Sunday? They are playing Geelong at the MCG this weekend so I would give them all the chance in the world to win.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MickThomas
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
dragit wrote:
Yeah imagine.

Errrr Because they are currently a very strong side at the moment. They have beaten some good teams this year. Did you not see them tear us to pieces last Sunday? They are playing Geelong at the MCG this weekend so I would give them all the chance in the world to win.
Hardwick was in trouble according to media muppets, and he's now got them into a high ladder position.
His results speak for themselves. And the improvement.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
jays
Club Player

good to hear got a feeling something crazy gonna happen ImageImage
ImageImage

dragit
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: His results speak for themselves.
Yep, 8 years, 179 games, 89 wins ZERO finals won.

The only side in the history of the game to lose a final to a side that finished ninth is one of my personal highlights. :lol:

Let's wait until they are playing prelims and GF's before we look to Hardwick as an inspiration.

Both Brett Ratten & Danny Frawley are a finals win in front of Hardwick at this stage with a lot less years.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Let's wait until they are playing prelims and GF's before we look to Hardwick as an inspiration.
Yep, and they have a very good chance to beat Geelong this weekend, which means they would make a preliminary final and playing again at the MCG.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
dragit wrote:
Yep, and they have a very good chance to beat Geelong this weekend, which means they would make a preliminary final and playing again at the MCG.
If you get long enough, you'll win a final eventually.

Very few coaches are given 8 years without winning a single final.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
dragit wrote:
Yeah imagine.

Yeah but the Saints didn't turn up to play- I reckon Brisbane would have beaten us

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Athens fact that Hardwick has turned Richmond around should be encouraging for us. They were shyte last year and seemed to be heading to the bottom. Apart from Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Dusty, they seemed to have little or no quality or depth. The list, overall looked diabolical. I'd say we look in better shape than they did 12 months ago.

All they did was tweak the game plan, brought in a couple of assistants who'd tasted premiership success, got Nankervis and Prestia, who while they've been good, have hardly set the world on fire, with Caddy being just average. Most people, including yours truly, had them finishing in the bottom third of the ladder. Look at them now. Come on AR be bold. Take chance, take a chance, take a chance take a ch,ch, chance, as ABBA famously sang. Don't be like Graeme Gellie, who told his players, "Be hard, be strong, be like me. My name is............Gellie.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Richo is struggling for answers & believes adding quality players will save his arse. He's desperate.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Tiges have been desperately topping up for years…

Chaplin, Knights, Aaron Edwards, Hampson, Miles, Taylor Hunt, Chris Yarran…

They went all in this year for Prestia and Caddy which is understandable given that their best players are nearly past their best. Riewoldt will be 29 in a month, Rance & Cotchin 29.

Martin is probably the best player in the comp this year and has dragged them over the line in so many games… if he leaves they are absolutely rooted. Shame we didn't get him a few years ago for peanuts when he was being shopped around.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:Richo is struggling for answers & believes adding quality players will save his arse. He's desperate.
Well he desperately needs some better players, no coach could take the 2017 st kilda list anywhere near a flag.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

dragit wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Richo is struggling for answers & believes adding quality players will save his arse. He's desperate.
Well he desperately needs some better players, no coach could take the 2017 st kilda list anywhere near a flag.
No amount of quality players will save his rat s*** game plan

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
dragit wrote:
No amount of quality players will save his rat s*** game plan
You could well be right, but generally the top 4 sides have very good lists… we don't.

Richo would probably look like a genius if we'd kept Goddard and added Dangerfield, Tuohy & Henderson instead of Weller, Savage and Brown.

minneapolis
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
dragit wrote:
You got to be kidding. They have no chance against Geelong.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Grrrrr
Club Player

Lachie Hansen anyone?
I personally hope not...