I agree with Spud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: I agree with Spud

I take it this was Spud on the worst television show ever, The Bounce.
Why on earth would anyone watch it, and why would you make a complete and utter fool of yourself by being on it.

Time for Spud to just rack off from St Kilda. We don't need him!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stevie
Saintsational Legend

As soon as Roo announced his retirement in July you knew that Jack would one of the guys chairing him off. Loved it.

Just curious if Kosi was there after the game with all the other old team mates? I couldn't see him?

saint6709
Club Player

Moods wrote:I loved it. Who cares who's carrying him off. Shows how universally admired he is that 70k rolled up today and barely a person had left despite the game being over at halftime. Tiges supporters hung around. I thought the whole thing was magnificent and appropriate. He's a champion of our club, but more importantly he's a champion of our game. Well done Tiges, well done Saints. Well done Roo
Agree with this - Roo is a champion of our club but he is also a champion of the game - his playing career is now finished but he should be a remembered as a champion AFL player not just a saint.
The family situation of course made it more appropriate that jack carried him off.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

In hindsight on yesterday, it was a wonderful gesture from Jack Riewoldt. Not sure how anyone in their right mind could be against it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:In hindsight on yesterday, it was a wonderful gesture from Jack Riewoldt. Not sure how anyone in their right mind could be against it.
Spot on, what many one eyed rabid supporters do not realize is the hatred of other clubs and players is not shared by the players.

I wouldn't have cared if Leigh Fisher officiated and chaired off Rooey on behalf of the umps for being a fair player for 336 games.

I actually find the notion of having an issue with Jack helping chair Nick in his last game quite odd.

What really peeves me is seeing old pics of the Doc with premiership cup in hand wearing a filth jumper :twisted:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
Sainternist wrote:In hindsight on yesterday, it was a wonderful gesture from Jack Riewoldt. Not sure how anyone in their right mind could be against it.
Spot on, what many one eyed rabid supporters do not realize is the hatred of other clubs and players is not shared by the players.

I wouldn't have cared if Leigh Fisher officiated and chaired off Rooey on behalf of the umps for being a fair player for 336 games.

I actually find the notion of having an issue with Jack helping chair Nick in his last game quite odd.

What really peeves me is seeing old pics of the Doc with premiership cup in hand wearing a filth jumper :twisted:
Me too JB. Those two are exceptionally close, further bonded through their efforts on behalf of Maddie. I think an opposition player carrying our skipper is a deep mark of respect, just as the players forming a guard of honour is. As for the Doc picture, we should immediately hire the best photoshop expert in the world and erase the filth from our greatest ever moment as a club. Like Stalin had all of his rivals removed from official photographs hung in the Kremlin. If they did it in the 30's and 40's, surely we could do it today.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I understand that Rooey asked for Jack to perform that honour so I have changed my mind.
Not up to me to disagree with the saints greatest ever player.
And yes I saw all the other 5 play.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Err, jesus, cant see the problem at all. Fair dinkum.

Ellaandjohn
Club Player

saynta wrote:Someone should have told Jack to rack off.
So roo wanted him to do it but you think jack should have said no to him. That is a very strange idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Wish I could have been there. I think it is a great gesture from Jack and the Tigers, great respect shown which is pretty common through the AFL these days

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ellaandjohn wrote:
saynta wrote:Someone should have told Jack to rack off.
So roo wanted him to do it but you think jack should have said no to him. That is a very strange idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carn't you read...?