Thinking positive

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Re: Thinking positive

David-Lee wrote:
StNoodles wrote:Can't believe people want to send Roo out with a loss in order to gain a draft position.
Cmon St Nick knows the score. He knows this team is very poor and he has done the very best he could with the decline of his body. I wish him well but the time for a sentiment is over, it's time to look to the future.

Can't believe you think we have a choice about losing today!? That's what really beggars belief. Are you even watching the wondrous Richo coach this team in 2017?
I am just having some fun to the take the sting out of what I knew 2 weeks ago would be a beat down as Richmond soar and we slink to a loss in Nick's last ride.

My hope is that we get a few better spots in the draft so when the new coach takes over in 2019 he can have some young players to develop.
Culture, not sentiment.

What I think the result will be, and what I hope it will be, are entirely different.

David-Lee
Club Player

StNoodles wrote:
David-Lee wrote:
StNoodles wrote:Can't believe people want to send Roo out with a loss in order to gain a draft position.
Cmon St Nick knows the score. He knows this team is very poor and he has done the very best he could with the decline of his body. I wish him well but the time for a sentiment is over, it's time to look to the future.

Can't believe you think we have a choice about losing today!? That's what really beggars belief. Are you even watching the wondrous Richo coach this team in 2017?
I am just having some fun to the take the sting out of what I knew 2 weeks ago would be a beat down as Richmond soar and we slink to a loss in Nick's last ride.

My hope is that we get a few better spots in the draft so when the new coach takes over in 2019 he can have some young players to develop.
Culture, not sentiment.

What I think the result will be, and what I hope it will be, are entirely different.
I don't know what that means culture?

The culture at our club is very poor. Listening to Rico flap you'd think it was all about effort, development and courage.

I am sure Nick can see the true state of things....or maybe he can't?

I didn't want to win just today bit every game. I understand your dream but reality is we are very average and even when we have big wins they are riddled with inconsistency and based on the other team being at a low or lull in their game.

I feel we are going backwards but on this forum it's either all good or all bad.

I think there are a few positives from this year but not many and a big disappointment is Nick leaving with a losing season and a final game loss.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Half time the game is already lost.
How much better to lose by 40 points than lose by 20 points.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
darylcowie
Club Player

7 months until we have to watch crap like this again!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Go West Coast. At least give this vicious old tart something to cheer about.... Melbourne missing the 8