The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Re: The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

That's fine when we've got the ball. When we don't lesser players run through and around our defensive lines. We chase but rarely catch.

ace
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:whitfield
I think I remember reading he has re-signed with GWS.
They must have forgiven him (or more correctly his ex ) for losing them 1,000 draft points = their 2017 first round draft pick.
He owes GWS big time.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:That's fine when we've got the ball. When we don't lesser players run through and around our defensive lines. We chase but rarely catch.
The Hawks throughout their successful years were not quick, but they they were excellent in their disposal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Hemi Baxter wrote: We'd be better off this time round just concentrating on speed, the one asset that almost everyone on this board agrees that we conspicuously lack, all over the park, .
Speed is not our No 1 need. Wright is very quick. Dmak is quick. Pace alone does not make you a valuable regular player.

What we conspicuously lack, all over the park are good users of the ball in both skill, but also most importantly in smart in how they use it. This is our No 1 need.

This is why Sinclair has stood out so much of late. He is a very good kick and handballer, but even better he disposes to advantage.

We have some players who can kick, but how often to we see them kicking to a stationary player, which then allows the opposition to sprint in and spoil and knocking our player to the ground allowing them to gather and clear the ball.

So while pace is welcome it is not as welcome as good and smart ballers users. If they use the ball well, and are quick then that is a bonus.
Spot on.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:That's fine when we've got the ball. When we don't lesser players run through and around our defensive lines. We chase but rarely catch.
If you can hit a target there's more chance u hanging on to the ball longer and thus chase less tail.

Speed nice bonus
Good ball users across multiple lines AND in the midfield would be premiership material

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

We need a class key forward to replace Nick, most other spots are well covered, as long as there is a full back in late development stage (Hugh, Lewis). Kelly kicks to a couple of ace forwards in GWS and roves to good rucks. He is of course very good but not worth the farm and GWS will keep him any way, and teams tag now a days. Billings in GWS would look a couple of million dollars worth. If Paddy comes good Saints could be anything. Particularly with Lauchie W.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote:We need a class key forward to replace Nick, most other spots are well covered, as long as there is a full back in late development stage (Hugh, Lewis). Kelly kicks to a couple of ace forwards in GWS and roves to good rucks. He is of course very good but not worth the farm and GWS will keep him any way, and teams tag now a days. Billings in GWS would look a couple of million dollars worth. If Paddy comes good Saints could be anything. Particularly with Lauchie W.
More quality mids for sure is what's needed

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Are we after Paul Salmon now? Maybe as an assistant coach he could help the rucks and goal kicking. Two for the price of one. Let's get the Big Fish!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Hawks throughout their successful years were not quick, but they they were excellent in their disposal.
A bit of a myth imo.
Yes disposal was their main weapon. Agreed.
But they still had some toe to mix things up. Hill, Burgoyne, Smith, Breust, Poppy, Rioli all had some dash.
The key is having a mix of good players.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
A bit of a myth imo.
Yes disposal was their main weapon. Agreed.
But they still had some toe to mix things up. Hill, Burgoyne, Smith, Breust, Poppy, Rioli all had some dash.
The key is having a mix of good players.

We have some players with some dash. And while more may be nice what we really lack are enough good ball users.

Whenever I watch other games what I am struck with in most of them is that by comparison our ball use is not as good.

When I watch St Kilda games way too often do we just cough it up by :
- kicking directly to the opposition
- kicking or handballing to team mates who are stationary and who then in the time that they have to wait to receive the ball get overun by the opposition. In the process they are often legally knocked off their feet allowing the opposition to win the ball and get away.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

We do have a good dash of dash. No matter how fast you are, you can't outrun poor disposal. I've watched quite a few neutral games this year. I don't know if the stats back me up, but GC, Norf, Carlton and Brisbane have all seemed pretty ordinary by foot. Coincidence that they're all down the bottom? I think not. GC in particular. They make us look like silk by comparison.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Ellaandjohn
Club Player

Itk just means they create rumours that are logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Ellaandjohn wrote:Itk just means they create rumours that are logical.

ITK = IT KOULD be true.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:
Ellaandjohn wrote:Itk just means they create rumours that are logical.

ITK = IT KOULD be true.
IDK = I DON'T KNOW

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

I was told by some ITK that we had a certain big fish " Signed, sealed and delivered", back in April. Their source would be in a position to know exactly what was going on. Now we know you cannot sign until end of season, so such a statement is not actually true, but an in principal agreement between management might be the case. Initially I got vey excited but then tempered my expectation with the realisation it was most likely their source was just helping to pump up the players value. Still I have been watching all news on player movements carefully. If the deal comes through or not , I will be happy to reveal their source at seasons end.

The Recruit
Club Player

Spud wrote:I was told by some ITK that we had a certain big fish " Signed, sealed and delivered", back in April. Their source would be in a position to know exactly what was going on. Now we know you cannot sign until end of season, so such a statement is not actually true, but an in principal agreement between management might be the case. Initially I got vey excited but then tempered my expectation with the realisation it was most likely their source was just helping to pump up the players value. Still I have been watching all news on player movements carefully. If the deal comes through or not , I will be happy to reveal their source at seasons end.
Kelly!?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
Spud wrote:I was told by some ITK that we had a certain big fish " Signed, sealed and delivered", back in April. Their source would be in a position to know exactly what was going on. Now we know you cannot sign until end of season, so such a statement is not actually true, but an in principal agreement between management might be the case. Initially I got vey excited but then tempered my expectation with the realisation it was most likely their source was just helping to pump up the players value. Still I have been watching all news on player movements carefully. If the deal comes through or not , I will be happy to reveal their source at seasons end.
Kelly!?
a certain big fish " Signed, sealed and delivered" = Martin?

Spud
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:
Kelly!?
I'm not saying who, but my IKD's source is very close to the player involved. The caveat is that the source may only be saying things to their friends in the hope that such information is put out in the public sphere to assist the players upward $$$ value and that is why I am hesitant to believe them. No signings by other club's players gives me hope that my ITK's will come through.

MickThomas
Club Player

Spud wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Kelly!?
I'm not saying who, but my IKD's source is very close to the player involved. The caveat is that the source may only be saying things to their friends in the hope that such information is put out in the public sphere to assist the players upward $$$ value and that is why I am hesitant to believe them. No signings by other club's players gives me hope that my ITK's will come through.
Otherwise known as 'speculation' with a 50/50 chance.

You've given yourself an out clause, well in advance

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Spud
Club Player

MickThomas wrote:
Spud wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Kelly!?
Otherwise known as 'speculation' with a 50/50 chance.

You've given yourself an out clause, well in advance
My IKD's source is absolutely in a position to know what is happening with the player, but as I have already said I can't take what these people have been told at face value because of the large financial benefits in play. The exact words the IKD's were told was that the player was " Signed, sealed and delivered [to]..St Kilda". The source will absolutely know the truth of this statement but they have a vested interest in the players welfare. I'm not into "speculating" about things that concern my club. I am a passionate supporter.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Spud - I have very little to occupy myself with now that the session is 'finished'.
I will hang on to your statement for basically ever until you update with more information.

Your statement is THE ONLY THING I HAVE RIGHT NOW.

give me just a tiny little bit more??! Please!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Spud
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:Spud - I have very little to occupy myself with now that the session is 'finished'.
I will hang on to your statement for basically ever until you update with more information.

One IKD was convinced that this player was coming to us and another one initially agreed. I was pretty stoked, but then I siuggested that the source was probably just pumping up the tyres of a certain player and his value, the second person conceded that could be possible. Player management seem very fluid in their dealings and things can change; though the Sydney 'Buddy' Franklin deal once made appeared very set in stone hence all their secrecy around the deal. Footy seasons over soon so we shall find out soon enough.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Spud wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:Spud - I have very little to occupy myself with now that the session is 'finished'.

One IKD was convinced that this player was coming to us and another one initially agreed. I was pretty stoked, but then I siuggested that the source was probably just pumping up the tyres of a certain player and his value, the second person conceded that could be possible. Player management seem very fluid in their dealings and things can change; though the Sydney 'Buddy' Franklin deal once made appeared very set in stone hence all their secrecy around the deal. Footy seasons over soon so we shall find out soon enough.
Its been a really heavy48 hours.
First stkilds vs tigers.
Last night game of thrones wrapped up.

I find myself with nothing right now.

Until this.
You legend!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Big Fish stinks!

Anybody can make up whacky rumours

MickThomas
Club Player

Big fish...
A Dees fan brought a cheese platter to the footy.

He also smuggled a whole salmon in his backpack (true according to one of his mates)

Where are the Dees now?
I wouldn't get excited over a 'big fish'

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn