The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

MickThomas wrote:Big fish...
A Dees fan brought a cheese platter to the footy.

He also smuggled a whole salmon in his backpack (true according to one of his mates)

Where are the Dees now?
I wouldn't get excited over a 'big fish'
Here's that Demon supporter now (dressed for the snow)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
minneapolis
Club Player

Spud wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:Spud - I have very little to occupy myself with now that the session is 'finished'.
I will hang on to your statement for basically ever until you update with more information.

Your statement is THE ONLY THING I HAVE RIGHT NOW.

give me just a tiny little bit more??! Please!
One IKD was convinced that this player was coming to us and another one initially agreed. I was pretty stoked, but then I siuggested that the source was probably just pumping up the tyres of a certain player and his value, the second person conceded that could be possible. Player management seem very fluid in their dealings and things can change; though the Sydney 'Buddy' Franklin deal once made appeared very set in stone hence all their secrecy around the deal. Footy seasons over soon so we shall find out soon enough.
Hi Spud,

thanks for your tip. Stuff like that is always appreciated but it is obvious that you were talking to a player manager. Those guys, like all salesmen, love to talk big. It is their nature. I have met a bunch of them and they are all the pretty much the same. Most of the time they are really just selling themselves. And unfortunately whatever they say can change in a New York minute.

But keep posting if you hear any more news. We all appreciate it.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

MickThomas wrote:Big fish...Where are the Dees now?
I wouldn't get excited over a 'big fish'
I'm not feeling too confident about getting a big fish, but their source is legit, however can they be trusted. When I see others who seem to have info (far more privy to it than me) on what will occur even their views on the outcome aren't rock solid. Problem is we are competing with at least half a dozen other clubs and some have better credentials and/or ante up offers. The Saint's dropping off the perch ( that being top 8) this year probably hasn't helped. Players not being able to put pen to paper mid season means there are no guarantees no matter how good the assurances from certain parties.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Can I post my rumour I've just heard? Even though I haven't been given permission to let this out, I will tell my SS family, I trust you all to keep it in house.

My source told me there are big happenings/discussions re two contracted players, one with the Saints, the other with the Crows. It's the go home factor for both players. Both on-ballers and both want the swap only with the two clubs.

Adelaide want Saints to pick up the rather large salary of the Adelaide super star, they want our potential A Grade on-baller, PLUS one of our first round draft picks and possibly another player from our list, my source hasn't told me who this other player is, that's still in the discussion stage.

Who are the players I hear you ask? Sloane & Dunstan!

How reliable is my source, I hear you ask? Well my source is the 'little voice inside my head'.

These ITK's most posters talk about are, IMHO, just 'the little voices inside their heads'. Lots of made up nonsense at times, and it surprises me that people run with it, then the gullible think it has some validity!

Apologies to Rory Sloane & Luke Dunstan for using their names in vain for this ridiculous ITK exercise.

Hey, come to think of it, it could be a good trade couldn't it? Maybe the source inside my head knows something.........psst don't tell anyone!!!

MickThomas
Club Player

loris wrote:Can I post my rumour I've just heard? Even though I haven't been given permission to let this out, I will tell my SS family, I trust you all to keep it in house.

My source told me there are big happenings/discussions re two contracted players, one with the Saints, the other with the Crows. It's the go home factor for both players. Both on-ballers and both want the swap only with the two clubs.

Adelaide want Saints to pick up the rather large salary of the Adelaide super star, they want our potential A Grade on-baller, PLUS one of our first round draft picks and possibly another player from our list, my source hasn't told me who this other player is, that's still in the discussion stage.

Who are the players I hear you ask? Sloane & Dunstan!

How reliable is my source, I hear you ask? Well my source is the 'little voice inside my head'.

These ITK's most posters talk about are, IMHO, just 'the little voices inside their heads'. Lots of made up nonsense at times, and it surprises me that people run with it, then the gullible think it has some validity!

Apologies to Rory Sloane & Luke Dunstan for using their names in vain for this ridiculous ITK exercise.

Hey, come to think of it, it could be a good trade couldn't it? Maybe the source inside my head knows something.........psst don't tell anyone!!!
Oh no...you've just given Damian Barrett something to spout on the Footy Show!

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Not sure about Sloane. Can't handle a tag like some of our guys.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Spud
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:
Spud wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:Spud - I have very little to occupy myself with now that the session is 'finished'.
I will hang on to your statement for basically ever until you update with more information.

One IKD was convinced that this player was coming to us and another one initially agreed. I was pretty stoked, but then I siuggested that the source was probably just pumping up the tyres of a certain player and his value, the second person conceded that could be possible. Player management seem very fluid in their dealings and things can change; though the Sydney 'Buddy' Franklin deal once made appeared very set in stone hence all their secrecy around the deal. Footy seasons over soon so we shall find out soon enough.
Hi Spud,

thanks for your tip. Stuff like that is always appreciated but it is obvious that you were talking to a player manager. Those guys, like all salesmen, love to talk big. It is their nature. I have met a bunch of them and they are all the pretty much the same. Most of the time they are really just selling themselves. And unfortunately whatever they say can change in a New York minute.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I actually don't believe either Dusty or Kelly have made up their minds at this stage of the season.

Anyone claiming something is signed, sealed and delivered is full of it imo.

If I absolutely had to make a bet on it it would be that both stay put.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 31 Aug 2017 11:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lot of the melbourne dick heads I am forced to work with reckon that Lever is a done deal, for their first rounder and Frost.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Spud
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:
Spud wrote:

Hi Spud,

thanks for your tip. Stuff like that is always appreciated but it is obvious that you were talking to a player manager. Those guys, like all salesmen, love to talk big. It is their nature. I have met a bunch of them and they are all the pretty much the same. Most of
the time they are really just selling themselves. And unfortunately whatever they say can change in a New York minute.
No, the source for these people is not a player manager, but your right they do have a vested interest in the players welfare and are close to them ( and feeding info just like a manager) and therefore I don't believe any such agreement can be fulfilled, there is too much money involved to make such decisions so early. lgnore naysayers statments. I was in FACT told this information, so from my position it's quite ironic some quesioning me. They don't know I'm not telling the truth.

Spud
Club Player

Now we know the outcome regarding Dusty I can reveal that a partner within the group of ITK's is mates with Dusty's brother, he was telling him back in April that he was " Signed, sealed and delivered" to the St Kilda. One of the ITK'is a Richmond supporter and dejectedly told me the deal was done as far as he knew. I imagine that Dusty's brother passed this news on to a few other friends to help facilitate a biidding war, hence my scepticism. 1.3 for 7 years, wow! A guy on big footy has been saying since May that Jelly is coming to us. I hope so.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Spud wrote:Now we know the outcome regarding Dusty I can reveal that a partner within the group of ITK's is mates with Dusty's brother, he was telling him back in April that he was " Signed, sealed and delivered" to the St Kilda. One of the ITK'is a Richmond supporter and dejectedly told me the deal was done as far as he knew. I imagine that Dusty's brother passed this news on to a few other friends to help facilitate a biidding war, hence my scepticism. 1.3 for 7 years, wow! A guy on big footy has been saying since May that Jelly is coming to us. I hope so.
Are you sure Dustin Martin has a brother? Don't think so!!!

SMS
Club Player

Pick 7 Stephenson
Pick 8 Cerra

Thats what we will get.

outside midefielder and geniune midefileder.
Getting Laird or Atkins from Adelaide and im sure theyll be another moneyball - alir alir or Matera.

Wont be the big fish off seaso we thought. Both Dustty and Kelly are staying.

Personally Im happy with that. Go watch Stephenson 2017! he looks the goods.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Spud wrote:Now we know the outcome regarding Dusty I can reveal that a partner within the group of ITK's is mates with Dusty's brother, he was telling him back in April that he was " Signed, sealed and delivered" to the St Kilda. One of the ITK'is a Richmond supporter and dejectedly told me the deal was done as far as he knew. I imagine that Dusty's brother passed this news on to a few other friends to help facilitate a biidding war, hence my scepticism. 1.3 for 7 years, wow! A guy on big footy has been saying since May that Jelly is coming to us. I hope so.
Are you sure Dustin Martin has a brother? Don't think so!!!
He has two brothers.

But lets get this straight - this rumour comes some blokes, mates, partner - who is mates with Dustin's brother?

1. Bloke (ITK)
2. Blokes mate
3. Blokes mates's partner
4. Blokes mates's partner's mate
5. Blokes mates's partner's mate is the brother of Dusty.

So 5 people removed from Dusty himself.
That is what I call an absolutely s*** rumour.

Spud
Club Player

Husband and wife both spoke to person (partner of her sister) who is mates with Dusty's brother. So :
Couple > sisters partner > Dustys brother.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Are either of those players, Stephenson & Carra, going to be getting games in their first year.....?

Rising star level?

We have two top ten picks. If going to the table, we should be getting absolute quality, not speculation.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spud wrote:Husband and wife both spoke to person (partner of her sister) who is mates with Dusty's brother. So :
Sounds legit then. What do they know about Kelly?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Does anyone trust our recruiting team to get quality top picks? Really?
And our development team to turn them into something special? Really?

Cash them in on an established star, please.

MickThomas
Club Player

Spud wrote:Husband and wife both spoke to person (partner of her sister) who is mates with Dusty's brother. So :
This sounds plausible :shock:
Just like everyone on Earth is 6 degrees of separation away from Kevin Bacon

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
David-Lee
Club Player

whenever I see ITK I think wanker. I have never seen or read a genuine ITK on a fan forum in any sport code. EVER! SO STOP you look like a jag arse. Just say "I" hope or the lollipop lady thinks....OK?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
This sounds plausible :shock:
Just like everyone on Earth is 6 degrees of separation away from Kevin Bacon
Any update on how close we are to landing Kevin Bacon in this trade period? My ITK says we're into him in a big way.

He can give us what we need in the middle, particularly with respect to shepherding if this picture is anything to go by. And when he gets a bit of space he's been known to cut loose. Footloose.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I saw an interview where Kevin Bacon was asked if it was his real name. His response was..."would you change your name to Kevin Bacon??"
I think there's something in that for all of us.
And ITK stands for 'In The Kaboose'.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

C'mon, let's get serious if you want a Bacon, this is the one for football fans..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:whenever I see ITK I think wanker. I have never seen or read a genuine ITK on a fan forum in any sport code. EVER! SO STOP you look like a jag arse. Just say "I" hope or the lollipop lady thinks....OK?
Our lollipop lady reckons Kelly will cost both 1st rounders and will end up re-signing with the Giants. So she advises to lure Whitfield or Hopper for a single first rounder...and she said
'Whitfield will want decent coin but don't let his manager dick you around, he's got form '
She's a tough bitch.

Nee!