The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish. Well for me the interesting thing at present is that there basically are none! There are yes lots of rumours and speculation and mainly from others, but the ITK's both on this board, and BF, are basically saying nothing when compared to previous years. One even stated it was as he was simply not being able to gain access to the inner workings at present.

Now this may because the Saints have actually got no one that is likely to join us. Or more hopefully it is because the club actually does have a big fish (or at least a good player like a Whitfield), or is very close to having one, and that due to this that the club has tightened up and blocked all the leaks drying up the ITK's info.

Well which is it? Till post GF week we most likely will not know!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
AeonFlux
Club Player

Re: The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

saintsRrising wrote:The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish. Well for me the interesting thing at present is that there basically are none! There are yes lots of rumours and speculation and mainly from others, but the ITK's both on this board, and BF, are basically saying nothing when compared to previous years. One even stated it was as he was simply not being able to gain access to the inner workings at present.

Now this may because the Saints have actually got no one that is likely to join us. Or more hopefully it is because the club actually does have a big fish (or at least a good player like a Whitfield), or is very close to having one, and that due to this that the club has tightened up and blocked all the leaks drying up the ITK's info.

Well which is it?
"You don't accomplish much by swimming with the mainstream. Hell, a dead fish can do that." ~ Kinky Friedman
Or in other words - the answer to the question is - the latter.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joey being put on hold is encouraging. Without him next year we have plenty of money for a FA.

I fear we will get nada, then keep Joey and finish 9th again next year.

Another holding pattern.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
takeaway
Club Player

No leaks is the sign of a well run club. I am confident all avenues are being explored to get the players we need. Very hard to land a big fish, especially in competition with the big clubs, but the circus has not started yet. In any event, most of our improvement next year is going to come from the developing youngsters on our list.

There are not too many "big fish" available anyway, especially if Kelly re-signs, but there will definitely be some interesting developments. Even going to the draft with 2 first round picks is not the end of the world.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Not saying that I am ITK - but I know from a fairly reliable source that someone who is discussed on this forum as an 'alternate' has been in deep discussions regarding a long term contract

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

come on admit it most (not all) people who post there ITK have very very very tenuous links to being in ITK or outright made up.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:come on admit it most (not all) people who post there ITK have very very very tenuous links to being in ITK or outright made up.
ITK's are often ITK for that period in time - for instance my info is that deep discussions have taken place - whether or not terms are met, or even if Player A and us are in agreement, a deal may not be reached with Player A's club etc.

I have been privy to lots of info which is either not suitable for publishing, or could be inflammatory - so I do not publish it - but knowing the background stuff, does not always mean that it comes to fruition.

Sometimes, even the friend of a friend actually knows something, sometimes it does not pan out - that does not make it 'made up'.

I feel sorry for the genuine ITK's who publish stuff and get shot down because it does not come to pass.

But then sometimes being privy to stuff merely means that you have been to a toilet located in a small shed outside a house or other building.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
minneapolis
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:Not saying that I am ITK - but I know from a fairly reliable source that someone who is discussed on this forum as an 'alternate' has been in deep discussions regarding a long term contract
Would this explain why Mav has been getting a regular game?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Not saying that I am ITK - but I know from a fairly reliable source that someone who is discussed on this forum as an 'alternate' has been in deep discussions regarding a long term contract
Nothing that I am aware of explains why Mav is getting a regular game - but my info is not regarding a Weller.

― Aristophanes

MickThomas
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:
Mav is great at blocking. Does this to perfection.
The other stuff, like getting the ball and using it well, aren't really important to coaches, apparently.
A nightclub bouncer is good at blocking folks from entering, they have huge necks and strong arms.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Lever?

Nee!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

whitfield

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:whitfield
I cannot confirm that you are correct - but I shall not deny it!!!!

― Aristophanes

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Cool

Nee!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

ITK = little birdy.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

How good is Whitfield ....havent seen GWS very much.

Nee!
suss
Club Player

I'm sure a lot of decisions will be in suspense (like Whitfield) until Kelly makes his mind up. Kelly looks to be the prettiest girl at the bar right now (metaphorically of course). Once he decides, I'm sure there'll be a rush on Whitfield, Hopper, Smith etc.

Depending on what happens with Kelly, there's a lot to be said for snagging a free agent and keeping one or both of those draft picks. Could we get Martin and Whitfield and keep one of the picks? That would be huge. I wouldn't mind if we missed Kelly and ended up with something like that.

shrodes
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote:How good is Whitfield ....havent seen GWS very much.
Nor have I.
If you trust the SEN ratings, he is a very good player.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... -WHITFIELD

suss
Club Player

Good and improving all the time. Like Kelly, he gives us what we need - outside run and beautiful delivery.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:

Good and improving all the time. Like Kelly, he gives us what we need - outside run and beautiful delivery.
As long as we could get him with 1 first rounder it might be a better bargain.

Nee!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
suss wrote:

As long as we could get him with 1 first rounder it might be a better bargain.
Is he contracted for next year? I thought he was. If not we could be a real chance, but if he is he's not even a restricted FA and would have to give up plenty. Possibly too much.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

That's right. Look at Hopper. There are three or four big clubs after him. He was an early draft selection and it will take a v early R1 selection to land him. Carlton favs with pick 3, anyone else will have to give up their first pick and a v good player. One first round pick will not be enough to land Whitfield, period.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

As good as Whitfield is, he's no Josh Kelly. Would be a very nice consolation prize if we miss out on JK.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Yes but my point is that he may not be worth anything like what we'd have to give to get him. He was the number 1 pick in 2012 and other clubs are interested.
The club made a mistake when instead of actually recruiting midfielders with our high picks they started this big fish palaver.
We'd be better off this time round just concentrating on speed, the one asset that almost everyone on this board agrees that we conspicuously lack, all over the park, Let's make a play for the quickest young defender in the comp Sam Frost. He's not only quick he has a great long kick and he's aggressive. The coaches pal Nathan Brown, outside our ruck men is the slowest player in our side and close to the end.
Outside speed? Why not have a go at Polec or Knight?
It just can't be Josh Kelly or the draft.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote: We'd be better off this time round just concentrating on speed, the one asset that almost everyone on this board agrees that we conspicuously lack, all over the park, .
Speed is not our No 1 need. Wright is very quick. Dmak is quick. Pace alone does not make you a valuable regular player.

What we conspicuously lack, all over the park are good users of the ball in both skill, but also most importantly in smart in how they use it. This is our No 1 need.

This is why Sinclair has stood out so much of late. He is a very good kick and handballer, but even better he disposes to advantage.

We have some players who can kick, but how often to we see them kicking to a stationary player, which then allows the opposition to sprint in and spoil and knocking our player to the ground allowing them to gather and clear the ball.

So while pace is welcome it is not as welcome as good and smart ballers users. If they use the ball well, and are quick then that is a bonus.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 24 Aug 2017 8:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....