The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Re: The current St Kilda ITK leaks on Big Fish

I'm still shocked by how much people dislike ITKs on this site. Really unfair on people just here to give a little inside information

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:I feel the big fish will be Jackson Trengove.
Bit of an oxymoron TBH.

He could be an upgrade on Brown but we are really struggling if a 13 disposal, 3 mark defender is considered a big fish.
Agree. We are farked without a genuine BigFish.

I don't want a tadpole

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Jackson Trengrove has played some excellent footy. His past few years he has been down on that standard. Richly knows what he is capable of as a defender and at 197cm can play forward and ruck as well. An upgrade on Brown and Bruce and gives us flexibility with Carlisle when he is needed forward. Would be great for our structure.

Adding 2 more young midfielders to our young and just blossoming midfielders is the way to
go IMHO.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Jackson Trengrove has played some excellent footy. His past few years he has been down on that standard. Richly knows what he is capable of as a defender and at 197cm can play forward and ruck as well. An upgrade on Brown and Bruce and gives us flexibility with Carlisle when he is needed forward. Would be great for our structure.

Adding 2 more young midfielders to our young and just blossoming midfielders is the way to
go IMHO.

Whether it the way to go or not is one discussion point. I certainly personally would have no issue securing Trengove.

However rightly, or wrongly, the Saints have a strategic plan that they have told us that they are following, and a player like Trengove does fit part of that plan, but he clearly would not be the Big Fish part of that plan.

In terms of their declared plan they need to land a Big Fish this draft period. If not then that plan has either failed or will be significantly set back.

As it stands I think the club with its crystal ball back when the plan was conceived, have got it wrong about star FA's being willing to swap clubs becoming commonplace.

Most FAs that swap are players seeking playing opportunity, disgruntled, have person reasons like wanting to return home etc that make the first want to leave and they then look at $$ and to whom.

Clubs have also gotten smarter about Free Agency so that star players need to traded for, rather than reach free agency.

Lever with his go home factor is a trade opportunity, but is not the type of player that we most need. If Kelly re-signs then that may squeeze out a player like Whitfield who is contracted but GWS must now be under enormous $$ pressure with its list and who getswhat.

If the Saints do not land the promised BigFish this trade period then they probably need to rip up that plan and replace it with a new one. They need to take a cold hard look at where our list is, what it lacks, its age profile and how do we get it to be a Top 4 list. I personally remain very concerned by our list management teams ability to pick the best available kids. We have done ok with trades and with recyclables, but in draft kids our picks are relative to where they were taken we are not AFL Best Practice.

This draft/trade period I personally see as crucial for St Kilda. We are teetering. We have built an ok list with good depth, and with a few youngsters that could be really good, but we lack some real cream. I very much doubt that just organic growth our our kids will get us to where we want to be. So if we can get that cream then our list could surge upwards. But if do not then we could just tread water or slide for years to come.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Jackson Trengrove has played some excellent footy. His past few years he has been down on that standard. Richly knows what he is capable of as a defender and at 197cm can play forward and ruck as well. An upgrade on Brown and Bruce and gives us flexibility with Carlisle when he is needed forward. Would be great for our structure.

go IMHO.

Whether it the way to go or not is one discussion point. I certainly personally would have no issue securing Trengove.

However rightly, or wrongly, the Saints have a strategic plan that they have told us that they are following, and a player like Trengove does fit part of that plan, but he clearly would not be the Big Fish part of that plan.

In terms of their declared plan they need to land a Big Fish this draft period. If not then that plan has either failed or will be significantly set back.

As it stands I think the club with its crystal ball back when the plan was conceived, have got it wrong about star FA's being willing to swap clubs becoming commonplace.

Most FAs that swap are players seeking playing opportunity, disgruntled, have person reasons like wanting to return home etc that make the first want to leave and they then look at $$ and to whom.

Clubs have also gotten smarter about Free Agency so that star players need to traded for, rather than reach free agency.

Lever with his go home factor is a trade opportunity, but is not the type of player that we most need. If Kelly re-signs then that may squeeze out a player like Whitfield who is contracted but GWS must now be under enormous $$ pressure with its list and who getswhat.

If the Saints do not land the promised BigFish this trade period then they probably need to rip up that plan and replace it with a new one. They need to take a cold hard look at where our list is, what it lacks, its age profile and how do we get it to be a Top 4 list. I personally remain very concerned by our list management teams ability to pick the best available kids. We have done ok with trades and with recyclables, but in draft kids our picks are relative to where they were taken we are not AFL Best Practice.

This draft/trade period I personally see as crucial for St Kilda. We are teetering. We have built an ok list with good depth, and with a few youngsters that could be really good, but we lack some real cream. I very much doubt that just organic growth our our kids will get us to where we want to be. So if we can get that cream then our list could surge upwards. But if do not then we could just tread water or slide for years to come.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Especially with the bold bits.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Recruit
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
loris wrote:Can I post my rumour I've just heard? Even though I haven't been given permission to let this out, I will tell my SS family, I trust you all to keep it in house.

My source told me there are big happenings/discussions re two contracted players, one with the Saints, the other with the Crows. It's the go home factor for both players. Both on-ballers and both want the swap only with the two clubs.

Adelaide want Saints to pick up the rather large salary of the Adelaide super star, they want our potential A Grade on-baller, PLUS one of our first round draft picks and possibly another player from our list, my source hasn't told me who this other player is, that's still in the discussion stage.

Who are the players I hear you ask? Sloane & Dunstan!

How reliable is my source, I hear you ask? Well my source is the 'little voice inside my head'.

These ITK's most posters talk about are, IMHO, just 'the little voices inside their heads'. Lots of made up nonsense at times, and it surprises me that people run with it, then the gullible think it has some validity!

Apologies to Rory Sloane & Luke Dunstan for using their names in vain for this ridiculous ITK exercise.

Hey, come to think of it, it could be a good trade couldn't it? Maybe the source inside my head knows something.........psst don't tell anyone!!!
This is uncalled for garbage. If you don't like discussing rumours get lost. Don't come on here and be a sacarstic idiot.
Where do you with your 400 odd posts think you're going slagging off one of the most respected posters on this site?
Reputation is earned and easily lost. Post rubbish and I will call u on it..I don't care whoever u think u r.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
loris wrote:Can I post my rumour I've just heard? Even though I haven't been given permission to let this out, I will tell my SS family, I trust you all to keep it in house.

My source told me there are big happenings/discussions re two contracted players, one with the Saints, the other with the Crows. It's the go home factor for both players. Both on-ballers and both want the swap only with the two clubs.

Adelaide want Saints to pick up the rather large salary of the Adelaide super star, they want our potential A Grade on-baller, PLUS one of our first round draft picks and possibly another player from our list, my source hasn't told me who this other player is, that's still in the discussion stage.

Who are the players I hear you ask? Sloane & Dunstan!

How reliable is my source, I hear you ask? Well my source is the 'little voice inside my head'.

These ITK's most posters talk about are, IMHO, just 'the little voices inside their heads'. Lots of made up nonsense at times, and it surprises me that people run with it, then the gullible think it has some validity!

Apologies to Rory Sloane & Luke Dunstan for using their names in vain for this ridiculous ITK exercise.

Hey, come to think of it, it could be a good trade couldn't it? Maybe the source inside my head knows something.........psst don't tell anyone!!!
This is uncalled for garbage. If you don't like discussing rumours get lost. Don't come on here and be a sacarstic idiot.
Where do you with your 400 odd posts think you're going slagging off one of the most respected posters on this site?
Reputation is earned and easily lost. Post rubbish and I will call u on it..I don't care whoever u think u r.
You just can't shoot Bambi.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Out of interest how would people feel about pick 8 plus Dunstan for Sloane?

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Out of interest how would people feel about pick 8 plus Dunstan for Sloane?
Sloane is an upgrade on what we have, but he is not really the type of player we are missing

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am bloody gung ho on Whitfield.
Would love him if possible.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:Out of interest how would people feel about pick 8 plus Dunstan for Sloane?
I would feel like we paid overs. Why would Dunstan need to be included? Sloane for 8 I would go at (with a steak knives player like Mav maybe)......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
MickThomas
Club Player

Proph3t of egan wrote:
Sloane is an upgrade on what we have, but he is not really the type of player we are missing
Hypoothetically, if we got Sloane, he would push another player out. I don't mind an upgrade.
At least he would improve the dynamic (or would he be exposed to the "poor kicking" virus that's running through the club)

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Adelaide don't have pick 8, but if they did they'd be mad not to consider it. i'd want more!
maybe we could swap lever for pick 8 and promise them a we give them luke for sloan and the pick 8 back. but i'd still feel shortchanged.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Gee whiz, 5 pages of guff and counting!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Vazelos
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

go IMHO.

SPOT ON!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
Adelaide don't have pick 8, but if they did they'd be mad not to consider it. i'd want more!
maybe we could swap lever for pick 8 and promise them a we give them luke for sloan and the pick 8 back. but i'd still feel shortchanged.
Dunno.
Id take Sloane for sure.
What about straight swap - Sloane for Dunny?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 05 Sep 2017 9:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:I'm still shocked by how much people dislike ITKs on this site. Really unfair on people just here to give a little inside information

people aren't against people in the know it's just that 99% of people that say they are in the know actually aren't and spread guesses and lies

Ellaandjohn
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Dunno.
Id take Sloane for sure.
Taking the piss. Sloane is top 3 pick. I doubt Adelaide even want a dunstan type. Sloane is probably worth 7 and 8 with about pick 20 coming back. If the club are offering unders like some do here no wonder we have no body. By the way I don't think the club do offer unders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Ellaandjohn wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Dunno.
Id take Sloane for sure.
Taking the piss. Sloane is top 3 pick. I doubt Adelaide even want a dunstan type. Sloane is probably worth 7 and 8 with about pick 20 coming back. If the club are offering unders like some do here no wonder we have no body.

Sloane and Gaff are free agents next year.
With Kelly looking unlikely, we should put our focus on getting one of them next year and using our picks on the best available this year.

Nee!