Hypothetical trades

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Hypothetical trades

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:You'd have to back the cats, given their track record of getting deals done. I'd take Hopper in a heartbeat. Smith, I'm not so sure about. He's slipped a bit, but his best is still very good and a change of scenery might do him the world of good. We're in a much stronger trading position than the pussies.

Another Geelong myth

Since 2010 here's a list of Geelong's trades ... don't see any great trades or " getting it done "apart from the obvious.
They have only recruited one top name in seven years, most of their recruits from other clubs have been very average

The fact is Dangermouse wanted to go to Geelong , could have chosen any club for more money wasn't some great recruiting , just Dangers choice

Only other real " name" player was
Josh caddy (cost a heap probably didn't live up to expectations

Here's the rest

Hamish Mackintosh
Jared Rivers
Mitch Clarke
Sam Blease
Rhys Stanley
Lachie Henderson
Scott Selwood
Zac Smith
Aaron black
Zac Touhey

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

supersaints wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:You'd have to back the cats, given their track record of getting deals done. I'd take Hopper in a heartbeat. Smith, I'm not so sure about. He's slipped a bit, but his best is still very good and a change of scenery might do him the world of good. We're in a much stronger trading position than the pussies.

Another Geelong myth

Since 2010 here's a list of Geelong's trades ... don't see any great trades or " getting it done "apart from the obvious.
They have only recruited one top name in seven years, most of their recruits from other clubs have been very average

The fact is Dangermouse wanted to go to Geelong , could have chosen any club for more money wasn't some great recruiting , just Dangers choice

Here's the rest

Hamish Mackintosh
Jared Rivers
Mitch Clarke
Sam Blease
Rhys Stanley
Lachie Henderson
Scott Selwood
Zac Smith
Aaron black
Zac Touhey
Such a myth, they've made finals 10 of the past 11 years and three flags. They're clearly doing something right. After losing a dozen A graders over the last 7 years, they've done it again and finished second. How I wish our recruiting and list management successes were as mythical as theirs. You've listed 10 players, of whom five have been or are good. Seeing they've turned about 80 players over in the past decade, you might have missed a number of other success stories. The results speak for themselves.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
supersaints
Club Player

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Another Geelong myth

Here's the rest

Hamish Mackintosh
Jared Rivers
Mitch Clarke
Sam Blease
Rhys Stanley
Lachie Henderson
Scott Selwood
Zac Smith
Aaron black
Zac Touhey
Such a myth, they've made finals 10 of the past 11 years and three flags. They're clearly doing something right. After losing a dozen A graders over the last 7 years, they've done it again and finished second. How I wish our recruiting and list management successes were as mythical as theirs. You've listed 10 players, of whom five have been or are good. Seeing they've turned about 80 players over in the past decade, you might have missed a number of other success stories. The results speak for themselves.
I thought this post was about trading for a gun player???

I only commented on your post regarding getting trades done.. I said nothing regarding their overall recruiting, on field success or otherwise etc... so I don't know why you now bring this it up

I believe I have researched and stated correctly every established player trade that they brought in from other AFL teams..
... I believe there were only ten players from other clubs since Scott arrived ten years So I'm interested in any I have missed out. ?? Why would I I leave anyone out. Be my guest name some . I'm stating facts, your merely suggesting fantasy

I'll reiterate my point ... they got ONE gun who went out on of his own choice and Dangermouse stated that he wasn't interested in anywhere else but returning to liive back at Moggs creek.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!