Out of the Kelly race?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Out of the Kelly race?

longtimesaint wrote:
Hemi Baxter wrote:
minneapolis wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Matters more where Kelly want's to go, and my word is it's to St Kilda.
How on earth do you know that?
Unfortunately he doesn't. It may have been true a couple of months ago but not now.
His manager has been interviewed several times and made it as clear as he can that he believes Kelly should/will stay. As it's near impossible with their cap that he will earn more than 800-850k a season at the very most, it's clear that it's not just money involved. When he leaves:

- Kelly will want close to top market dollar, a long term contract and a realistic opportunity to be part of another flag winning side. He'll get it.
- GWS will want 2 first rounders or a v high first round selection and a young A grade player. They'll get it.
If he is going to stay at GWS why hasn't he signed by now and let them do their list management.
I agree I don't think he's certain to stay, because he probably would have signed by now. Also, I wouldn't pay much attention to what his manager says publicly or in broad generic terms.

longtimesaint
Club Player

All this arrention on Kelly and Dusty but we still haven't signed Robbo, Savage and Gilbert.
They are all required players for next season.

One year will be our year
The Recruit
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:All this arrention on Kelly and Dusty but we still haven't signed Robbo, Savage and Gilbert.
They are all required players for next season.
Robo the only one of urgency. The other two ain't going nowhere.
Savage had a much better second half to the year but no many clubs would be sniffing around for him.

As for kelly...the mindset of some of the people on here is just so typical stkilda. Closed mindset...nothing ever goes well for us...why would anyone want to come to the saints mindset.

1. If kelly was staying aye GWS he would have signed after the pay agreement was done.
2. Kelly's two or three best 'football' mates are at stkilda
3. We are a destination club with a very likeable coach
4. We have the capacity to trade
5. We have the money to pay him
6. Why not the saints...we are a great club. Our supporters love and embrace our playes. We bleed for the team and we certainly love our champions. Winning a premiership at a club that has a 'soul' means much more than the Frankenstein that resides in Sydney.......let's start believing we are good enough....let's start actually living the dream.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:As long as Kelly doesn't sign we're in the hunt, but we'll have some competition. I believe we were into him from last year, before he emerged as a star, I wonder if that will have any bearing?

I heard an interesting conversation between Kevin Bartlett and Brian Waldron on SEN a couple of weeks ago, regarding Martin & Kelly.

Waldron said "Kelly is going to St Kilda. Why would he go to North Melbourne? He is not what they need." The he concluded "Dustin is staying put, Kelly is going to St Kilda."

He didn't say whether that was his belief or he knew something. It was interesting.
Waldron is completely full of s***.
North dont need Kelly? What? They dont need an absolute gun player who is only 22?
Ok then.
What an imbecile.
EVERYONE needs Josh Kelly! FFS.

saintbob
SS Life Member

I reckon it's already done like the Steele deal last year, we're just waiting for the season to finish so we can shout it from the roof tops.

I keep thinking back to the GWS game when a few of the boys whispered in his ear after the game.

saintjake
Club Player

saintbob wrote:I reckon it's already done like the Steele deal last year, we're just waiting for the season to finish so we can shout it from the roof tops.

I keep thinking back to the GWS game when a few of the boys whispered in his ear after the game.

We've played 2 or 3 good games since then... Giants are top 4 and coming into some serious form.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote: North dont need Kelly? What? They dont need an absolute gun player who is only 22?
Ok then.
What an imbecile.
EVERYONE needs Josh Kelly! FFS.
maybe... Norf definitely dont need Martin.. Kelly.. hmm
Norf need to feel the pain for a couple of years. getting a gun will lift them into mediocrity where they will sit like Gold Coast did with G. Ablett.

Meanwhile, GWS just set themselves up for pain and draft picks. I know they got more concessions but I just dont think G. Ablett helped GC build a list and I dont think Martin will help Norf build a list... and probably kelly wont either.. will just help them grab a few more wins spread over the next several years

Saints have around 7 very promising players of Kellys same age.. So adding kelly may actually help the Saints, unlike Norf

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:I reckon it's already done like the Steele deal last year, we're just waiting for the season to finish so we can shout it from the roof tops.

You can't compare Steele last year to Kelly this year. Different league.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

I disagree with those who say that Paul
Connors' public statements concerning Kelly are somehow deliberately misleading. Kelly will stay, for now, and the announcement is simply being delayed for maximum effect. Happy to have a small wager via pm with any and all of those who think he's coming to St Kilda at years end.