Number 8

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Re: Number 8

There has been a knock on his disposal - but if you go by the stats he is the best shot at goal in the club this year - 9.1 - some of those shots have been clutch goals at important times from more than 25 metres out ! his goal on the weekend was a tough shot from near the boundary -- he has certainly been mr reliable this year
Last edited by saint6709 on Tue 22 Aug 2017 4:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Played where he should be playing, responds with 15 possessions in a quarter

This kid has shown from game 1 that he is exceptional
He certainly has some exceptional gifts that he displays from time to time.
He is the best set shot at the club by a country mile, has the explosive power, skills and strength to be a gun.

I doubt he has had to date or is yet to acquire the tank to be any more than a short burst midfielder.
With a tank and consitency he could be a future gun.
Dangerfield was blasted by Neil Craig for being unfit early days at the Crows and look how he transformed himself.

I don't think he is exceptioonal yet, or anywhere close to it, but he has the gifts to be a special player if it all comes together for him.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

+1 Corfe, half decent post from you, you almost sound like your making sense!!!!! ;-)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
MickThomas
Club Player

why are we talking about #8 Maxie Hudghton? :mrgreen:

He retired ages years ago!!!

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:why are we talking about #8 Maxie Hudghton? :mrgreen:

I thought we were talking about Alan Morrow.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:why are we talking about #8 Maxie Hudghton? :mrgreen:

We are not, we are talking about Glen Elliott :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
To the top wrote:Played where he should be playing, responds with 15 possessions in a quarter

This kid has shown from game 1 that he is exceptional
He certainly has some exceptional gifts that he displays from time to time.
He is the best set shot at the club by a country mile, has the explosive power, skills and strength to be a gun.

I doubt he has had to date or is yet to acquire the tank to be any more than a short burst midfielder.
With a tank and consitency he could be a future gun.
Dangerfield was blasted by Neil Craig for being unfit early days at the Crows and look how he transformed himself.

I don't think he is exceptioonal yet, or anywhere close to it, but he has the gifts to be a special player if it all comes together for him.
I'm not sure it's a fitness thing at all. The last quarter he had 14 or 15 possessions due to playing more on ball where he belongs.

8cres also seems to be playing a bit like the link man. Although he may be the missing link!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
To the top
SS Life Member

I repeat "Playing where he should be playing ....."

The problem has been that he has not been played where he should be playing - nothing else.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I repeat "Playing where he should be playing ....."

The problem has been that he has not been played where he should be playing - nothing else.
Each is entitled to their opinion on a forum, but I guess if you write 'I repeat' it gives it more emphasis.

One 1/4 against the bottom club in a big win doesn't exactly prove the coaching staff are playing Blake out of position.
They understand his endurance, running patterns and the defensive side of his game better than us keyboarded warriors.

The natural gifts have always been there, I think the development in all aspects of his game is proof the coaching team are developing Blake very well.

I look forward to watching him continue over the next couple of years as he can become an exceptional player with the continued development.