Footy show tonight: RB made decisions whilst drunk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Footy show tonight: RB made decisions whilst drunk

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Spinner wrote:Sacking Grant Thomas and putting in Ross Lyon....

This was a superb decision. Not sure what the fuss is about.
Spot on our most successful coach and back to back GF appearances
Was nice to finally get a prelim ffs
I would reckon Allan Jeans might be our most successful coach.

Ross Lyon won one more trophy than Grant Thomas at St Kilda.

Grant Thomas: 2004 Wizard Cup
Ross Lyon : 2008 NAB Cup & 2009 McLelland Trophy.
Stan Alves 1996 Ansett Cup, 1997 McLelland Trophy.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like we have a conga line of successful coaches at St Kilda.

Do they ever get together for a reunion?

Legends.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Lets be honest. People like Barret and co are nothing but legends in their own lunchboxes. They all love calling eachother "superstars" and "legends" on the various tv and radio shows. Its such a boys club.

These people get paid heaps of coin to talk s##t and make up s##t about AFL clubs, coaches and players. They're not special at all.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
one point
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Our most successful coach was Alan Jeans

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 94b6ce561a

St Kilda champion Danny Frawley launches scathing attack on former Saints president Rod Butterss
Ben Waterworth, FOX SPORTS
August 19, 2017 1:11pm
ST KILDA champion Danny Frawley has launched an extraordinary tirade directed at Rod Butterss, accusing the ex-club president of treating the Saints “as his toy” and that his off-field antics were partly why the Saints missed a flag during the mid 2000s.

Frawley’s scathing attack comes after Butterss opened up on his issues with alcohol and cocaine during his time as the club’s president.

Fellow club heavyweights Grant Thomas — Saints coach from 2001-06 — and former club champ Nathan Burke have also had their say on the former club boss.

etc

Shaggy
Club Player

Having an out of control Chairman is not ideal when the team is the real deal. The team and GT IMO have fair reason to be pissed. We as supporters could have stopped it but did not so we should have no complaints. It was an enjoyable time even without the flag.

spert
Saintsational Legend

one point wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Our most successful coach was Alan Jeans
That's a fact. The rest are cooda-beens

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Having an out of control Chairman is not ideal when the team is the real deal. The team and GT IMO have fair reason to be pissed. We as supporters could have stopped it but did not so we should have no complaints. It was an enjoyable time even without the flag.
What utter BS.

Did most of us at the time know that RB was a drunk cokehead?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

One day the Filths skeletons under Eddy's rule will be let out of the closet.

Not sure if we'll be awarded a retrospective flag, but there'll be a sh!t storm that's for sure.

One thing that Hird was quoted on early in the drug saga was that Essendon wanted to get in on it like Collingwood...

Leo.J
SS Life Member

...Human Growth Hormone.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I respect RB for getting us into a solid position financially at the time and for having the vision and ambition to aim for the top.

Problem was that he and GT were a double act and it was a great shame for the club that they fell out.

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

rod butterss was living the phil collins lifestyle!?! really? probably flowering with phil collins. oh ffs!!! that's flowering it??? :shock: that's the phil flowering collins wannabe eddie maguire's big ratings grabbing amp exploding look at me i'm flowering relevant again even though i never flowering really was in the first place, flowering exposé??? seriously??? i mean, flowering seriously??? :roll: :roll: :roll: ffs!!!

and to think, i was so flowering sure it was going to be about the effects of hgh on the cracticus tibicens. :evil: i should have flowering known better. ffs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:One day the Filths skeletons under Eddy's rule will be let out of the closet.

Not sure if we'll be awarded a retrospective flag, but there'll be a sh!t storm that's for sure.

One thing that Hird was quoted on early in the drug saga was that Essendon wanted to get in on it like Collingwood...
I've been bemused by this thread for days and after reading Danny Frawley's rant I can't help but contribute - albeit I'll be one out here. I've quoted the above post randomly as it seems typical of what people think.

I see NO problem with Barrett's reporting of the matter. None whatsoever. A clearly consenting Butterrs has gone on tv and openly admitted abusing alcohol and cocaine when president of the club and made key decisions whilst under the influence. This is news every day of the week as far as I'm concerned - particularly in light of drugs in sport, drugs in afl environment. I was absolutely stunned when I read about it. Yeah, like everyone, I'd heard the whispers, but fair dinkum, our rage shouldn't be at Barrett, it should be at the bloke who was in charge at the time. I'm 100% behind Farwley on this. What an absolute disgrace of a person Butterrs is. He's not the first nor will he be the last to have these issues - but any bloke with a shred of decency, integrity, humility would have acknowledged at the time he had issues and stepped down from his position. Frawley is spot on. All we can do as a supporter group is say 'what about the pies, this is so unfair.' Who cares about the f***** pies?! Seriously how about we worry about our own club and what took place. Let's all hold hands and wish Rod well, meanwhile that one extra premiership that many have been craving for decades just tumbles down the toilet whilst another fool treats the Saints like the Metro nightclub in the 90's.

We all hear about it and we jump up and down about who delivered it and the forum in which he delivers it - and no-one seems to care less the damage that this imbecile did. And because he apologised we all wish him well. I wonder how ppl on here would react if James Hird went on TFS and admitted wrongdoing and apologised wholeheartedly. My tip is that most would sneer and say he's a confirmed cheat and ruined our game. But when the president of our club basically states that he was negligent whilst in charge and quite possibly cost us a premiership we blame TFS! I shake my head.