The Fox Report - Round 21

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

outside66
Club Player

Re: The Fox Report - Round 21

saintspremiers wrote:
outside66 wrote:I would love to see us keep the two picks and throw EVERYTHING at Dusty. Make him an offer he can't refuse and that Richmond could not match. I can't see Dusty sticking around in the footy world once he's retired (i.e. media) therefore I think he would enjoy an extra 2-3 million (2168000 - 3252000 NZD) once he's done.

We need to spend the accumulated salary cap that we've built up from the past few years by the end of this season. Throw in the retirement money, Carlisles free year that was heavily front ended (cheers Bombers!), plus the %20 salary cap increase then we'll have enough to put forth a ridiculous offer without shooting ourselves in the foot. 2 first round picks would cost us approx 400K over 2 years whereas 2 guns would cost closer to 2 million.
From my very good source, Dusty will sign again with Richmond. That's also the consensus of nearly everyone in the media and on here.

So forget about him and move on
So what's your 'source' saying now @saintspremiers?

David-Lee
Club Player

Re: The Fox Report - Round 21

Thats a decent observation.
My opinion is that neither Kelly or Dusty will be a Saint.
So now we can try to bolster our defense with Lever - yes we do need another elite defender ( we need mids and an elite forward as well). Without being too cheeky I thinketh we might even be able to swing a Gehrig on Lever and toss him forward if needed and send Bruce back to the defense.
There are so many players a step behind Kelly we can get for much less ( Whitfield, Matera etc)

The reason we SHOULDNT get Kelly or Dusty now is that IMO we still have 2-3 until our players develop into a top 4 club. I think next year we might see another top 8 miss just...