2018- Heaven or Hell?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Crossy66
Club Player

Re: 2018- Heaven or Hell?

Jacks Back wrote:With Roo out last week not putting another tall forward in to the line up and going only with Bruce (and Membrey as a tallish forward) was ridiculous. With McCartin out Marshall or Battle should have played for structure purposes as we missed that extra tall target.
Suspect the plan was to play Carlisle forward after the initial 10 -15 minute settle down, but that wasnt possible with what eventuated

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:With Roo out last week not putting another tall forward in to the line up and going only with Bruce (and Membrey as a tallish forward) was ridiculous. With McCartin out Marshall or Battle should have played for structure purposes as we missed that extra tall target.
Fair call.

So who else would've been dropped?

Mav perhaps to make way?

Gilbo had to come in regardless

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Crossy66
Club Player

Suspect the plan was to play Carlisle forward after the initial 10 -15 minute settle down, but that wasnt possible with what eventuated

spert
Saintsational Legend

We at least need Kelly in the midfield, as it's all bit one-dimensional now. I am really not expecting much from Paddy, Freeman or Hugh G, so we probably still need to target another strong mobile forward and a strong mobile back. Although some think that flopping around just outside the 8 is acceptable..it is not, and we also need to see improvement from the coaching area too. There was no reason for us not to be at least in 8th position right now, but we have failed when it counted.

After four seasons under Richo, the team is playing a brand of football that is taking us nowhere and is sub par if we expect to play finals, skills are ordinary etc.. all this comes under the coaching umbrella.

I want a big step next season- I was expecting a small step this season which hasn't happened on the ladder, so not confident about 2018.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Need to teach kicking to the ones that are there pronto. Not even worried about who else may or may not get to the club. With disposal currently as is, dosent matter if you put Jesus at CHF, we are going nowhere.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Need to teach kicking to the ones that are there pronto. Not even worried about who else may or may not get to the club. With disposal currently as is, dosent matter if you put Jesus at CHF, we are going nowhere.
Other than that, it's " onward & upward" then mate? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Need to teach kicking to the ones that are there pronto. Not even worried about who else may or may not get to the club. With disposal currently as is, dosent matter if you put Jesus at CHF, we are going nowhere.
The sooner Josh 'Jesus'Bruce goes to CHF rather than at full forward the better, much more suited to his play style, really need Paddy, Marshall or Goddard to step up into that role next year

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

We need Jesus behind the counter at the food stalls...
so he can feed the thousands with just 2 fish and some loaves of bread

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I don't know, the Crows beat us in 1997 with a fat Buddha kicking 5 goals in the last
(ok, in 97, he was still an acolyte, he got promoted to Buddha years later after studying the mysteries of beer and pizza)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
minneapolis
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
I always wondered why he needed two fish.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
I always wondered why he needed two fish.
My thoughts on it were not that he 'needed' 2 fish and 5 loaves, but that was what was available at the time and that he was being the provider by using what the people had - to stretch their talents and make good use of them.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: I want a big step next season- I was expecting a small step this season which hasn't happened on the ladder, so not confident about 2018.
I think that there was a small step this year. But it was back down in terms of our competitiveness and consistency. Nail it this off season and that small backwards step can be a stumble. Bugga up the offseason and there could be more backward steps.

Last season we finished the season full of promise. This year we are finishing it in a very up and down style.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 16 Aug 2017 11:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

this season was extremely displeasing, all were hoping for and expecting improvement ... well here we are losing a legend of the game and uncertainty for 2018 with little or no improvement.

our only hope for next year is a gun recruit and improvement out of our youngens..(like most sides) ... a better support staff for the coach.... otherwise more disappointment.

oh and as always...jam the rose coloured glasses.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Fair call.

So who else would've been dropped?

Mav perhaps to make way?

Gilbo had to come in regardless
Well if Rooey also played then who ever the player would have been to make way for him.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!