I'm there next Sunday !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm there next Sunday !

Yes, it was bloody awful watching that first half yesterday. Losing to that mob twice in one season is a bitter pill to swallow. However, one of the greatest players of any era, will be playing in his final game at Docklands this Sunday. I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let one lousy result, within a disappointing season, prevent me from attending this game and paying my respects to a champion of our club.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm there next Sunday !

Yes I'll be there
Win lose or draw its good to see champion players getting the send off they deserve.

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'll be there also.

It's not really a send off for Roo, that's the following week at the G.

Yes it's his final game at the aging Etihad, but surely Saints fans can turn up against Richmond for the really big game.

Would be different if our final H&A game was interstate and supporters couldn't travel.

Be wary of dynamic pricing for the MCG match and buy tickets now before prices rise too high.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Wouldn't be anywhere else but surrounded by the RW&B faithful on the Moorabbin wing, and in the Saints bay at the G the week after.

Getting ready to order my Thanks Rooey gear as well.

If you are able to get there and you aren't planning to go, have a re-think!

Always loyal
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Wouldn't be anywhere else but surrounded by the RW&B faithful on the Moorabbin wing, and in the Saints bay at the G the week after.

Getting ready to order my Thanks Rooey gear as well.

If you are able to get there and you aren't planning to go, have a re-think!
Good on YOU SF!

SAAD
Club Player

Me too! Disappointing that it's not to confirm a finals berth but last game at the dome where Roo has given me plenty of reasons to cheer over the years!

George27
Club Player

I'll be there too. I am looking forward to it. There is always a great feeling of expectation swiping the member's ticket at the Etihad entrance , heading up to the top level and settling in to watch the game. Sometimes the next few hours are torture, but some times they are so sweet.

In many threads on this website, we have reminisced about great games of the past. Who knows... maybe this will be one of them, and I will not be missing it.

And on top of all that, as others have said , this is a chance to say thanks to an all-time great of our club.

Be there!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:Me too! Disappointing that it's not to confirm a finals berth but last game at the dome where Roo has given me plenty of reasons to cheer over the years!
Good onya SAAD! Go Saints!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Myself and the family are definitely going to be there for the next two games - players like Riewoldt don't come along too often. Hopefully win both of them. Win both and we've won 12 for the season.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Myself and the family are definitely going to be there for the next two games - players like Riewoldt don't come along too often. Hopefully win both of them. Win both and we've won 12 for the season.
What a great post! Good on you on your family Samurai! See you there? Go Saints! GO!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Of course, I will be in attendance. Haven't missed one game in Melbourne this year. Virtually all have been at Jihad Stadium. Would be nice to get more of a change of scenery next year.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Of course, I will be in attendance. Haven't missed one game in Melbourne this year. Virtually all have been at Jihad Stadium. Would be nice to get more of a change of scenery next year.

Never doubted that for a minute my good friend! IF you want to grab a beer at the game, let me know! ..... ( it's your shout!) *
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*with acknowledgements to dear Eastern!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Of course, I will be in attendance. Haven't missed one game in Melbourne this year. Virtually all have been at Jihad Stadium. Would be nice to get more of a change of scenery next year.

Never doubted that for a minute my good friend! IF you want to grab a beer at the game, let me know! ..... ( it's your shout!) *
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*with acknowledgements to dear Eastern!
My shout, my pleasure!

Cheers, mate!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
noddy04
Club Player

We were hoping to come over but jen is a bit crook atm...new medication isnt going well. We will be there in spirit though. We were there when Burkey and Loewey retired and drove over for Milney, Kosi and Blakeys farewell v Freo. Saints send there players off in style and do it better than anyother club i reckon. Good Luck on your journey Rooey and THANKYOU for being a LIFETIME SAINTER :)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:We were hoping to come over but jen is a bit crook atm...new medication isnt going well. We will be there in spirit though. We were there when Burkey and Loewey retired and drove over for Milney, Kosi and Blakeys farewell v Freo. Saints send there players off in style and do it better than anyother club i reckon. Good Luck on your journey Rooey and THANKYOU for being a LIFETIME SAINTER :)
Well said Noddy04! You're a good man! Absolute pleasure to spend time with you at Adelaide Oval. One of the few highlights of an ordinary afternoon!