What's happened to Jack Steven?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's happened to Jack Steven?

Phase three of duditis. Just give him more time and there will be pin point passes, high marks, 10m handballs and bouncing the ball while running.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I just don't get it. The obvious thing to do is to rest him. If he was impacting games and playing well like Roo used to be able to do with injuries then yes, keep playing him. But he's obviously affected by it. So we have our only possible A grader who's playing like a b-c grader and we hope that he'll magically become an A grader again.

I note that at the start of the year Kieran Jack was woeful for the Swans. They rested him for a good 4-6 week period and now .... he's back to his best form again. I don't know. It seems obvious, but maybe it isn't. Too late now in any event. May as well run him completely into the ground.....
Because if we managed him properly then it exposes our lack of depth and makes us appear worse than we already are.

Resting him exposes our inability to draft effectively of the past several years - we aren't a Sydney who develop their young properly, we rely on buying players from other clubs to grow.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

He is not working hard enough to break the tag, simple as that.

Whether that's between the ears or because he's carried an injury, I don't know.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If he has a bad groin or a dodgy lung then why is Richo playing him? For whatever reason, Jack is having minimal impact and is plainly out of form.

ace
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Out of form and needs to be "managed" or dropped from the team as he is not providing us with the run and line-breaking we need.
Now we are out of the running for the 8 we can afford to rest players carrying injuries and have a look at those trying to break into the team.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Since his punctured lung, I wonder how many wacks in the chest he has received this season? I am sure the opposition teams would have been targeting him.