List changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

List changes

So now that we know we have officially wasted yet another season, decisions have to be made about who stays and who goes. After 21 rounds i think that's a fair enough sample size to make a call on some players. Here is my opinion of players who may be in trouble

- T. Hickey (trade)
- J. Lonie (delist)
- J. Holmes (delist)
- D. Minchingon (delist)
- L. Pierce (delist)
- N. Riewoldt (retire)
- L. Montagna (retire)

We will probably keep at least one of those 3 ruckman but the rest on that list could easily go and i'd be happy (other than the retirements)

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: List changes

Tom_Sainter wrote:So now that we know we have officially wasted yet another season, decisions have to be made about who stays and who goes. After 21 rounds i think that's a fair enough sample size to make a call on some players. Here is my opinion of players who may be in trouble

- T. Hickey (trade)
- J. Lonie (delist)
- J. Holmes (delist)
- D. Minchingon (delist)
- L. Pierce (delist)
- N. Riewoldt (retire)
- L. Montagna (retire)

We will probably keep at least one of those 3 ruckman but the rest on that list could easily go and i'd be happy (other than the retirements)
Hickey, Minchington and Pierce are on long term contracts which means you would have to pay them out and have there contracts included in the salary cap.

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
Tom_Sainter wrote:So now that we know we have officially wasted yet another season, decisions have to be made about who stays and who goes. After 21 rounds i think that's a fair enough sample size to make a call on some players. Here is my opinion of players who may be in trouble

- T. Hickey (trade)
- J. Lonie (delist)
- J. Holmes (delist)
- D. Minchingon (delist)
- L. Pierce (delist)
- N. Riewoldt (retire)
- L. Montagna (retire)

Hickey, Minchington and Pierce are on long term contracts which means you would have to pay them out and have there contracts included in the salary cap.
But Bains is the greatest list mgr of all time apparently :roll:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Roberton ????? Geary
White Carslile Webster
Newnes ????? Sinclair
Billings ?????? ??????
Membrey Bruce ???????

Longer Ross Steven

Int. Gresham, Dunstan, Tall person, ?????

kazonte13
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote:Roberton ????? Geary
White Carslile Webster
Newnes ????? Sinclair
Billings ?????? ??????
Membrey Bruce ???????

Longer Ross Steven

Int. Gresham, Dunstan, Tall person, ?????
What? no room for Armo Acres Paddy Battle Steele or Freeman.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:

- T. Hickey (trade)
- J. Lonie (delist)
- J. Holmes (delist)
- D. Minchingon (delist)
- L. Pierce (delist)
- N. Riewoldt (retire)
- L. Montagna (retire)

But Bains is the greatest list mgr of all time apparently :roll:
I'm with the rolling eyes, Con. There are players who are massively over rated, and then there are the industry players who are even more massively over rated.

Results have to mean something, surely, Shirley.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Shirley,

Lets go with Tom's list noting none actually played in the losing side today; perhaps we also need an attacking/marking fullback and back up ruck that can, surely Mav has to go, Shirley; is Gresham worth persevering with or fools gold, Stevens, Acres, Savage and Steele are bog standard some might say & unlikely to win you a final. Tinkering with deck chairs has only a temporary placebo effect - then cold water. Gilbert will retire within 12 months if not delisted earlier. Otherwise we have a side full of class and composure and wouldn't hear a word against them.