HOPE DEFERRED MAKES THE HEART SICK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

David-Lee
Club Player

HOPE DEFERRED MAKES THE HEART SICK

Ok I know I quoted the Bible.
But the message after a loss like today is significant.
I posted my hopes on this forum and was dreaming about our finals run. I looked at the games and teams and plotted a potential course.

Well, we fell short. I have had a go at Richo, I don't want this player or that one. I have my opinions but deep down I really long for the boys to succeed. I look forward to every mention of our name in any article, I think about the greats gone and ones to come.

A loss like today is important because of the hope attached. It hurts. It has to stop. Somehow someway this club needs to lift. My father in law has been a Saint for 60 years and the weight of disappointments, I really don't know if I could bear it that long. When he watches he says he always expects to lose and is thrilled with a win.
No club has finished last as often as we have in our 144 year history. We have had a glorious glimpse at success from 2005 - 2010. I hope one day we find a way to stay consistently strong.

I wanted to continue my rant and rage against this one and that but I won't.
I won't sugar coat it either and talk like it has been a wonderful year with great return.

But as a newer Saint (membership starting in 1996) I look forward to 2018.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: HOPE DEFERRED MAKES THE HEART SICK

we're a side that looks content to take home $200K plus each and bring on a little effort when thst feel like it, but the bigger picture doesnt figure

Really pissed off about this season and a bunch of talented guys who cant be arsed

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: HOPE DEFERRED MAKES THE HEART SICK

Dunstan is an example of what a young bloke can do if he puts his mind to it.

None of the others really have that sort of attitude.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee