At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?

Answer:

Today.

As an entertainment product, I'm not interested in watching this stuff.

As a 'supporter', I can't support the rubbish that the coaches dish up each week. And as a sports fan in general, I can't accept the immature, amateurish rubbish that the players served up today.

The problem is that what's happening today isn't isolated. It's merely being exposed today.

As a fan, you bring a bit of blind faith and loyal support to the table. But I'm afraid that just can't continue. This needs to be called as it is.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Re: At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenti

Sook

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

the team isn't really interested in playing proper football.

They are playing like a random group of guys who don't spend any time together, and just gather in the park for a kick
and a beer afterwards.
Except they are all on very good coin. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Sook
It's not a sook at all.

How do you look at this team and find a positive?

Without being a straight out fan boi?

I don't know about you, but as a grown man, I can't support gross mismanagement and incompetence. We're not 14yo kids cheering for our heroes no matter what. Granted, I haven't really considered myself a 'supporter' for a while now, but I've certainly defended the team at times and looked for positives.

But firstly, they don't deserve defending - and secondly even they did, the cupboard is bare. There's no defence.

They are probably the worst St Kilda team, pound for pound, that I've seen in my life. Soft physically, fragile mentally. Poorly skilled and poorly coached.

Premium89
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
They are probably the worst St Kilda team, pound for pound, that I've seen in my life..
I think that's a pretty big call given that we gathered a wooden spoon a couple of years back.

Also think that you're having a massive sook - but so am I today. Let's hope the second half is an improvement - it wouldn't be too hard to make an improvement on that first half.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Premium89 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
They are probably the worst St Kilda team, pound for pound, that I've seen in my life..
I think that's a pretty big call given that we gathered a wooden spoon a couple of years back.

Also think that you're having a massive sook - but so am I today. Let's hope the second half is an improvement - it wouldn't be too hard to make an improvement on that first half.
I said 'pound for pound'.

The spoon team had every right to be rubbish. This one doesn't have the same excuses.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

some people should check themselves before posting when they're upset. what an absolute load of cobblers. need a safe space on this site for the softties and whiners to go curl up and cry or rant. seriously weird stuff.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
David-Lee
Club Player

Look we all knew coming in who we were lining up behind. So suck it up! I come on here to bitch and whine so I dont lose my mind but STOP supporting??? Are you out of your dang gone mind son!?!?!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:some people should check themselves before posting when they're upset. what an absolute load of cobblers. need a safe space on this site for the softties and whiners to go curl up and cry or rant. seriously weird stuff.
Who's upset?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Look we all knew coming in who we were lining up behind. So suck it up! I come on here to bitch and whine so I dont lose my mind but STOP supporting??? Are you out of your dang gone mind son!?!?!
Well as I said, I haven't really been a 'supporter' as such for about a decade. I'm more of an observer who tries to see the positives and defends the St. Kilda football club.

But I'd like to think that I can be more intelligent than that, and actually look a things from a genuinely unbias and objective perspective.

Today was the moment when I realised that no matter how hard you try to look for positives in someone - sometimes there just aren't any. Facts are, the dudes representing the St Kilda Football Club currently, in the box and on the ground, as a whole - are incompetent. Woeful.

It's just a fact dude.

takeaway
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
David-Lee wrote:Look we all knew coming in who we were lining up behind. So suck it up! I come on here to bitch and whine so I dont lose my mind but STOP supporting??? Are you out of your dang gone mind son!?!?!
Well as I said, I haven't really been a 'supporter' as such for about a decade. I'm more of an observer who tries to see the positives and defends the St. Kilda football club.

But I'd like to think that I can be more intelligent than that, and actually look a things from a genuinely unbias and objective perspective.

Today was the moment when I realised that no matter how hard you try to look for positives in someone - sometimes there just aren't any. Facts are, the dudes representing the St Kilda Football Club currently, in the box and on the ground, as a whole - are incompetent. Woeful.

It's just a fact dude.
Probably best then that you switch your allegiance then, lets see ....... Gold Coast. That should give you plenty to do. Better for all concerned.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:

It's just a fact dude.
This is a site for st kinda supporters, so you should probably bugger off and 'unbiasedly observe ' another team if you aren't one.

Real supporters stick fat, they can criticise, but if you think of jumping ship after all this, I wouldn't call you a supporter

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
St Loxton
Club Player

Proph3t of egan wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

It's just a fact dude.
This is a site for st kinda supporters, so you should probably bugger off and 'unbiasedly observe ' another team if you aren't one.

Agree.

Real supporters stick fat, they can criticise, but if you think of jumping ship after all this, I wouldn't call you a supporter

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Answer:

Today.

As an entertainment product, I'm not interested in watching this stuff.

As a 'supporter', I can't support the rubbish that the coaches dish up each week. And as a sports fan in general, I can't accept the immature, amateurish rubbish that the players served up today.

The problem is that what's happening today isn't isolated. It's merely being exposed today.

As a fan, you bring a bit of blind faith and loyal support to the table. But I'm afraid that just can't continue. This needs to be called as it is.
Mate is a game of footy. Family health etc are all so much more important.

SMS
Club Player

About 10 minutes into that game. f****** putrid.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Well Warney agrees. Apparantly we are pathetic. I hope he mentions this to his best mate who is our goal kicking /forward coach

mullet
Saintsational Legend

If you have a spare 12.5 seconds, watch Sally Pearson winning the world championships. Someone who never gave up

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:If you have a spare 12.5 seconds, watch Sally Pearson winning the world championships. Someone who never gave up
I hope Sally Pearson doesn't watch today's game.

The Saints gave up within the first 12.5 seconds.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It's only a game!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

No matter how old you are and what you have experienced with our club - people would have to concede that they are an exasperating team to support.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Our first quarter was insipid

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SuperSaint
Club Player

That first quarter effort was really bad, no other way to look at it. Game was essentially lost then. Given how high the stakes were, supporters have a right to question players' commitment, professionalism and ability to deliver.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Apart from Mullet's outrageous common sense, I'm starting to ask myself the same question as JM.

I'm sick of being an 'industry club that makes up the numbers' - sick of it.

I've said for ages I don't think 'Richo' and his coaching 'team' can actually coach, be it tactically according to a pre-defined strategy on game day, with contingencies, or week by week to develop players.

I just don't think we're going anywhere, we're just treading water (an swallowing too much of it).

Ultimately, family responsibilities or nay, every individual has the right to ask questions about what it is they're being presented with.

And, I, as a many decade 'consuming' member, am way, way shy of gruntled.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Darth Vader
Club Player

I don't know, I enjoyed last week. And the GWS game. And the Hawthorn game. And the Richmond game. But plenty I've disliked. Isn't that the definition of a middle of the road side? Inconsistent, win a few, lose a few. The trick is to learn from the experience and improve year to year. Not sure if we will but gotta hope. It's not as if I'm going to start barracking for someone else.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

and real supporters can have a spleen vent too
after all, they're the one's that eat s*** year in and year out, sticking fat and sucking turd

I, for one, totally agree with the OP - we stood there all day watching a bunch of inept prima donnas justify their pay packets with half arsed commitment and the bare minimum of "duty of care" - a hungry, committed side, one with our talent, would have flogged Melbourne today

we were scared, or unprepared to or somehow it messed our comfy social plans

Whichever, I supported today as best I could, gritting my teeth through resentment of these spolied babies wasting my, and 40,000 other paying supporters time