At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenti

CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Answer:

Today.

As an entertainment product, I'm not interested in watching this stuff.

As a 'supporter', I can't support the rubbish that the coaches dish up each week. And as a sports fan in general, I can't accept the immature, amateurish rubbish that the players served up today.

The problem is that what's happening today isn't isolated. It's merely being exposed today.

As a fan, you bring a bit of blind faith and loyal support to the table. But I'm afraid that just can't continue. This needs to be called as it is.
The OP doesnt talk about anything. It is a dummy spit. All emotional diatribe. This needs to be called as it is. A melt down. Go off in the corner and have a good sook and then come back with something constructive or just go away.

The OPs author wanted a merge with Gold Coast in his next post as an attempt to divert attention from his melt down and has done nothing but deny he lost control of his emotions ever since.

This is a forum for passionate saints supporters. Youve shown your passion. Now show your support or f*** off.
I think you need to grow up son.

If you're too emotional to comprehend a very simple premise, then why are you wasting your time?

You've even cut and pasted it - yet you still can't grasp it?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:...but keep carrying on about leaving?
Excuse me??

Did you purposely just pull that out of your arse?

Your post has no merit or link to the premise of the OP whatsoever.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Johnny Member wrote:
Excuse me??

he just "wish they all could be California girls" :roll: or maybe he should just JUMP !!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I know it's a big call, but I reckon this is the worst thread I've ever read in my 12 or so years of reading threads on Saintsational. A lot of carrying on about nothing much by a poster who I find it difficult to take at all seriously, and whose only supporters seem to be posters with whom I regularly find myself in disagreement.

We had an ok season. Quite a few players took some forward strides in their development - Ross, Sinclair, Billings, Webster, White, Membrey, Gresham, Longer - and some new faces at the club went well too: Carlisle, Brown, Steele, Stevens. After looking like his career was over, Savage made quite a good comeback later in the season. For sure, Jack Steven didn't have a great year, and I was also a bit disappointed in Newnes, Bruce and several others. But, on the whole, I still think the team is going forward rather than backwards.

In the end, Melbourne beat us by not that much in a game on their home ground (where we hadn't played all season) and in which they had a bit of luck on their side. If we'd beaten Melbourne, we'd have probably made the finals and would have had a measurable improvement over 2016. But it looks like the end result for 2017 isn't going to be any better than 2016.

But I still think that, on the whole, we are improving. If we can snare some talent over the off season - ideally Kelly, but perhaps there are other options - then I'm confident we'll make the finals next year.

I hope/trust that those in charge of the club don't panic and do something drastic like sack Richo. Our club's biggest problem is that we have panicked and then chopped and changed too much over the years. Unfashionable though my view is, I still regret that we were unable to stick with Thomas beyond 2006. My preference for the club has always been that we plan for the long-term and try to turn ourselves into one of the top clubs. I think that, after we abandoned that goal between 2006 and 2013, the current leadership of the club is now on that journey.

Of course there will be ups and downs along the way. Yesterday was a down moment, but I for one will be keeping the faith.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I know it's a big call, but I reckon this is the worst thread I've ever read in my 12 or so years of reading threads on Saintsational. A lot of carrying on about nothing much by a poster who I find it difficult to take at all seriously, and whose only supporters seem to be posters with whom I regularly find myself in disagreement.

We had an ok season. Quite a few players took some forward strides in their development - Ross, Sinclair, Billings, Webster, White, Membrey, Gresham, Longer - and some new faces at the club went well too: Carlisle, Brown, Steele, Stevens. After looking like his career was over, Savage made quite a good comeback later in the season. For sure, Jack Steven didn't have a great year, and I was also a bit disappointed in Newnes, Bruce and several others. But, on the whole, I still think the team is going forward rather than backwards.

In the end, Melbourne beat us by not that much in a game on their home ground (where we hadn't played all season) and in which they had a bit of luck on their side. If we'd beaten Melbourne, we'd have probably made the finals and would have had a measurable improvement over 2016. But it looks like the end result for 2017 isn't going to be any better than 2016.

But I still think that, on the whole, we are improving. If we can snare some talent over the off season - ideally Kelly, but perhaps there are other options - then I'm confident we'll make the finals next year.

I hope/trust that those in charge of the club don't panic and do something drastic like sack Richo. Our club's biggest problem is that we have panicked and then chopped and changed too much over the years. Unfashionable though my view is, I still regret that we were unable to stick with Thomas beyond 2006. My preference for the club has always been that we plan for the long-term and try to turn ourselves into one of the top clubs. I think that, after we abandoned that goal between 2006 and 2013, the current leadership of the club is now on that journey.

Of course there will be ups and downs along the way. Yesterday was a down moment, but I for one will be keeping the faith.
?

Let me try to make sense of that....

So the team is average, but if they'd been better they may have made the finals?

They have underperformed though, and only a few players improved - and you're kind of thinking that the team has gone forward.

But you're going to keep the faith anyway just cause. No reason, just cause.

Makes sense.

However I see everything you've written as reason to clearly be questioning those at the club - not keeping blind faith in them.

They didn't have an Ok year at all. It's been rubbish. Four years into a rebuild, four years practicing a 'game plan' (and I use the term loosely), and they're getting worse. Individually, I actually think most players have gone backwards.

We've taken a no. 1 draft pick with enormous raw talent, and turned him into god knows what! I don't even know what sort of player he is now. And I certainly don't think he knows.

Bruce is a mess, Steven has gone from A to C+ almost, Gresham is lost, we recruited Billings because of his kicking - yet he can't kick a goal to save himself, Hickey is gone, Wellar can't get out of his own daylight, Dunstan has gone from B to D....I could go on. I mean, Billy Longer takes 1 mark FFS and we're backslapping each other about what a season he's a having!

Just try to imagine this season without the addition of Carlisle, Stevens and Brown? Go on, Just imagine it for a second. We'd not only have gone backwards - we'd be battling it out with Brisbane and Carlton for the wooden spoon. That is a blight on those who have been developing the players, the list and the game plan for the past 4 years. It's also a blight on the players themselves.

I tried to tell you in March that we had problems. You cried. I was right. You were wrong.

I tried to tell you after the GWS game that there were potential concerns. You whined. I was right. You were wrong.

I tried to tell you a month later there were major problems. You moaned. I was right. You were wrong.

I'm now telling you that the people at the club do not deserve or warrant the support of the fans. They deserve scrutiny. Their performance is, and has been woeful.

derby Street
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
meher baba wrote:I know it's a big call, but I reckon this is the worst thread I've ever read in my 12 or so years of reading threads on Saintsational. A lot of carrying on about nothing much by a poster who I find it difficult to take at all seriously, and whose only supporters seem to be posters with whom I regularly find myself in disagreement.

?

Let me try to make sense of that....

So the team is average, but if they'd been better they may have made the finals?

They have underperformed though, and only a few players improved - and you're kind of thinking that the team has gone forward.

But you're going to keep the faith anyway just cause. No reason, just cause.

Well I am going to keep the faith just cause - I am a loyal supporter and just not an OBSERVER like the "Member" Just wish you would fluck off and leave this site to genuine supporters. I have had an absolute gutful of your snivelling condescending attitude.

David-Lee
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Excuse me??

You said Can't support, can't accept, can't continue....but now you are saying you have no plans to go anywhere just saying they have to go? So it is exactly what I said...you got butthurt like the rest of us had a big cry and lets move on...

David-Lee
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Excuse me??

he just "wish they all could be California girls" :roll: or maybe he should just JUMP !!

Dear WellardSaint...thou shalt not take the name of Van Halen in jest....

Its About Time
I am about to Erupt
And Finish What I Started
I am Running with Devil
And I will get Unchained
You can be Top of The World
But The Cradle Will Rock

When I deliver Poundcake
You can Run Around
But someone wull end up Black and Blue

Ain't Talking Bout Love
Or Dancing In the Street
Right Now
Everybody Wants Some
I know it Feels So Good
But you cant have The Best of Both Worlds.....

Yes, I have every VH album made. Lol!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Solid thread

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Excuse me??

You said Can't support, can't accept, can't continue....but now you are saying you have no plans to go anywhere just saying they have to go? So it is exactly what I said...you got butthurt like the rest of us had a big cry and lets move on...

I can't support the people at the club. I can't accept their terrible performances. And I can't continue to defend their performances.

Now unless you're a 12yo child, you would surely understand that that does not mean anything other than exactly what was said. Any other assumptions you choose to draw, say more about you than they do about me.

And what is 'butthurt'? You really are 12 aren't you? Seriously, are you an adult? Let me know so I can cease the discussion and save my time.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:

Well I am going to keep the faith just cause - I am a loyal supporter and just not an OBSERVER like the "Member" Just wish you would fluck off and leave this site to genuine supporters. I have had an absolute gutful of your snivelling condescending attitude.

Why?

Becuase you don't agree with what I say? Or because you don't want to hear it?

You can very easily block someone. It's even easier to just not read their stuff.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Today.

As a 'supporter', I can't support the rubbish that the coaches dish up each week. And as a sports fan in general, I can't accept the immature, amateurish rubbish that the players served up today.

The problem is that what's happening today isn't isolated. It's merely being exposed today.

As a fan, you bring a bit of blind faith and loyal support to the table. But I'm afraid that just can't continue. This needs to be called as it is.

JM I respect completely both:

(a) your right to feel frustrated, angry and upset at that 1st half effort from the Saints yesterday

(b) your right to express your opinion on the performances of the club this season

I guess where perhaps you and I part company, so to speak, is in our two points of view on " supporting " the club.
From the content and tone of your OP I don't think you're being a " sook " or " having a meltdown " (?!) but are a very very disappointed and frustrated supporter expressing your feelings forcefully and with passion. Last time I looked, that was not a hanging offence.

I would challenge your assertion that unless we " cease supporting, and start resenting" the club, then somehow wee who hold differing priorities in our levels of support are somehow " part of the problem " and that we need to be " called out"

I'm a fairly easy going guy, I'm passionate about my footy club....BUT, it's by NO means life-defining for me. I really get cheesed off however, when I'm accused of being " delusional", or being a " Pollyanna" or whatever label folk like to stick on someone who isn't quite ready to start " resenting " the club, because of poor performances.

My lack of " resentment " should NOT be seen as " uncritical support" as I do have many, many criticisms of the club, coach and some players. I simply choose not to parade those criticisms on this forum. Does that make me a "less worthy" supporter than anyone else? I think we all know the answer to that one.

JM, you're upset, hurt and angry, I don't blame you for that. I hope this isn't too presumptuous, but I think when the blood cools, and we get nearer to next Sunday, you'll be there at the dome we call home, to give a good send off to our Champion in his final appearance there.

Agree to disagree? Yes! Fall out about it? Not a chance!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:

Today.

(a) your right to feel frustrated, angry and upset at that 1st half effort from the Saints yesterday

(b) your right to express your opinion on the performances of the club this season

I guess where perhaps you and I part company, so to speak, is in our two points of view on " supporting " the club.
From the content and tone of your OP I don't think you're being a " sook " or " having a meltdown " (?!) but are a very very disappointed and frustrated supporter expressing your feelings forcefully and with passion. Last time I looked, that was not a hanging offence.

I would challenge your assertion that unless we " cease supporting, and start resenting" the club, then somehow wee who hold differing priorities in our levels of support are somehow " part of the problem " and that we need to be " called out"

I'm a fairly easy going guy, I'm passionate about my footy club....BUT, it's by NO means life-defining for me. I really get cheesed off however, when I'm accused of being " delusional", or being a " Pollyanna" or whatever label folk like to stick on someone who isn't quite ready to start " resenting " the club, because of poor performances.

My lack of " resentment " should NOT be seen as " uncritical support" as I do have many, many criticisms of the club, coach and some players. I simply choose not to parade those criticisms on this forum. Does that make me a "less worthy" supporter than anyone else? I think we all know the answer to that one.

JM, you're upset, hurt and angry, I don't blame you for that. I hope this isn't too presumptuous, but I think when the blood cools, and we get nearer to next Sunday, you'll be there at the dome we call home, to give a good send off to our Champion in his final appearance there.

You're an absolute blessing on this forum, jiggster

Love your work

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:

Today.

I'm not upset, hurt nor angry. As per the OP, I just can't defend the indefensible any more.

And don't confuse your support of the club, with supporting people that clearly are not performing. It's like Catholics defending those within the church that do bad things. The church, and the dodgy people within it are two different things.

Footy clubs, and the randoms that work there over the years are two very different things. You do not need to support both.

You certainly should not support the actions of people within a football club simply because you support the club. If anything, that should mean the opposite. You should hold them extra accountable.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I can't support this thread.

I question the thought process of the op.

Ellaandjohn
Club Player

Never if you are a true supporter and not just an instant gratification supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

Today.

I'm not upset, hurt nor angry. As per the OP, I just can't defend the indefensible any more.

And don't confuse your support of the club, with supporting people that clearly are not performing. It's like Catholics defending those within the church that do bad things. The church, and the dodgy people within it are two different things.

Footy clubs, and the randoms that work there over the years are two very different things. You do not need to support both.

You certainly should not support the actions of people within a football club simply because you support the club. If anything, that should mean the opposite. You should hold them extra accountable.

Who says I "support the actions of people within a football club simply because I support the club"? You? With all due respect to you mate, you have no clue about my feelings toward the club. Other than your perceptions from my posts on here. As I've already said mate, you have your opinion on the club, and how you wish to support it. I respect that. I have my opinion on the club, and how I wish to support it. Let's agree to disagree on the details and not fall out about it. Now, I think I'll leave you to your thread, I've said my piece. Have a good one!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

It's fine to respect people's opinions, but not their ignorance.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:It's fine to respect people's opinions, but not their ignorance.

carn_sainter
Club Player

I still support the Saints. For me, I'm powerless to do anything about the people that work there, so it is what it is. I don't love them, if they're crap I am happy to say so and certainly to let others say so, but I don't go out of my way to focus on that stuff. I feel a very strong sentimental pull to the Saints though.

It is very true that there is the club, which is somewhat eternal, and the ephemeral groups of people put in place to run it. They are different things.

Where I agree with Johnny is on the point about the entertainment value of Saints games this year. It has been low. There have been a couple of great games, and quite a few great moments. Even against Melbourne, it was just utter bollocks for about 90 minutes. There was still a great grab by Bruce and a great goal by Webster.

But this season, most of our games are like sitting through a really crap movie that has one good line in it.

It's just not great entertainment anymore. This is made worse by the increasing corporatisation of the games and the endless barrage of mindless ads that permeate every facet of a live or televised game and all the accessory bullcrap.

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter, but the AFL and the Saints games just aren't that much fun this year, despite still having their moments.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I have read the responses to my last post, and I still think there's a lot of overreaction here.

I still consider that the club is generally heading in the right direction. We have to accept that we have a list with a lot of reasonable AFL-standard players on it: I'd suggest there are 20 or more of these. But, leaving aside Riewoldt and Joey who are on the way out, we have desperately few players of above-average standard - let's call it A grade - and none at an elite level. Carlisle is a definite A-grader. So is Jack Steven in a good year (which 2017 wasn't, for whatever reasons). Beyond that, we have a few potential A-graders (Billings, Gresham and perhaps Seb Ross, with Sinclair and White outside chances to develop that far) and a number of B plus players: Roberton, Webster, Membrey and maybe Steele. Then we have the unknown unknown in McCartin: nobody knows how he is going to end up, but it's difficult to be optimistic.

So, it's a fairly ordinary list, but one with a reasonably consistent level of talent: ie, on any given day, our bottom 5-10 players are better than those of many of our rival clubs. Premierships have been won in the past by teams with very few star players, but off-field leadership is crucial to this. And I reckon our off-field leadership - both in the football department and at the club generally - is at least as good as it has ever been. The first few years of the Butterss/Waldron/Thomas era might have been slightly better, but it didn't last long. (BTW, I'm not knocking Lyon who, in a purely football sense, was probably the best coach we have ever had. But most would surely agree that the club leadership during his era was sub-optimal.)

So, unlike many on here, I'm generally happy with the onfield and off -field strategy and structure. It isn't strategy or structure, or even lack of pure talent, that has caused our players to consistently miss so many gettable shots on goal. Winners in elite sport need more than raw talent, good coaching and leadership, they also need a little bit of luck and, most important of all, the courage to win. Both the luck and the courage come from self-belief. A club like the Hawks doesn't just believe they can win premierships, they know they can do so, even when the odds seem stacked against them. This knowledge breeds self-confidence, courage and swagger, particularly in front of goal. And it's a virtuous circle which constantly reinforces itself. Even this year, when they played like garbage for the first half of the season, the Hawks took some prize scalps in the second half.

So, if I have a criticism of the "people running the club" it's not about their strategic or technical approach. I reckon that's all going about as well as it can. What I think is needed, particularly from the coaching staff, is a bit more ambition and a lot more mongrel. We need self-belief. We would have made the top 4 this year if we had not lost winnable games against the Eagles, Cats, Port and Demons. We crushed the Tigers and conclusively beat the Giants. We are good enough, especially if we can snare a good player or two over the off-season. But even if we can't do so, we are developing a team approach which can present a serious challenge to most of our rivals. The better we go, the more confident we'll get, and then we'll make more of our chances.

The alternative path seemingly favoured by some posters - throwing our hand in now, sacking the coaching staff and some or all of the club management, going back to the bottom of the table and trying for a better result in the draft lotto than we did over the 2011-2014 period - sucks IMO. We need to keep striving to improve, start making the finals consistently, building up our confidence, and then the premierships will come. Before they fell apart, the Butterss-Waldron-Thomas team were working towards the goal of the Saints becoming an elite club: one that attracted more than its share of media attention and sponsorship, a team that the players and fans of other clubs feared lining up against. That's still the right path IMO: we tried something else in the 2007-10 period, it almost worked, but then we ended up back where we started. That's not the path Geelong or the Hawks took, or Richmond, the Pies and Carlton are trying to take.

We have a clear mission: make the top 4 in 2018. We weren't really all that far away from achieving that goal this year. Our defence was generally strong and we got the ball into scoring positions enough to win 3-4 more games than we did. it was mainly a matter of confidence in front of the sticks. We can work on that, and indeed some players have already done so: note Dunstan's improvement in recent games.

Becoming a top club is not beyond our reach. If we can achieve that consistently, then a premiership will surely come eventually. Keep the faith.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I have read the responses to my last post, and I still think there's a lot of overreaction here.

I still consider that the club is generally heading in the right direction. We have to accept that we have a list with a lot of reasonable AFL-standard players on it: I'd suggest there are 20 or more of these. But, leaving aside Riewoldt and Joey who are on the way out, we have desperately few players of above-average standard - let's call it A grade - and none at an elite level. Carlisle is a definite A-grader. So is Jack Steven in a good year (which 2017 wasn't, for whatever reasons). Beyond that, we have a few potential A-graders (Billings, Gresham and perhaps Seb Ross, with Sinclair and White outside chances to develop that far) and a number of B plus players: Roberton, Webster, Membrey and maybe Steele. Then we have the unknown unknown in McCartin: nobody knows how he is going to end up, but it's difficult to be optimistic.

So, it's a fairly ordinary list, but one with a reasonably consistent level of talent: ie, on any given day, our bottom 5-10 players are better than those of many of our rival clubs. Premierships have been won in the past by teams with very few star players, but off-field leadership is crucial to this. And I reckon our off-field leadership - both in the football department and at the club generally - is at least as good as it has ever been. The first few years of the Butterss/Waldron/Thomas era might have been slightly better, but it didn't last long. (BTW, I'm not knocking Lyon who, in a purely football sense, was probably the best coach we have ever had. But most would surely agree that the club leadership during his era was sub-optimal.)

So, unlike many on here, I'm generally happy with the onfield and off -field strategy and structure. It isn't strategy or structure, or even lack of pure talent, that has caused our players to consistently miss so many gettable shots on goal. Winners in elite sport need more than raw talent, good coaching and leadership, they also need a little bit of luck and, most important of all, the courage to win. Both the luck and the courage come from self-belief. A club like the Hawks doesn't just believe they can win premierships, they know they can do so, even when the odds seem stacked against them. This knowledge breeds self-confidence, courage and swagger, particularly in front of goal. And it's a virtuous circle which constantly reinforces itself. Even this year, when they played like garbage for the first half of the season, the Hawks took some prize scalps in the second half.

So, if I have a criticism of the "people running the club" it's not about their strategic or technical approach. I reckon that's all going about as well as it can. What I think is needed, particularly from the coaching staff, is a bit more ambition and a lot more mongrel. We need self-belief. We would have made the top 4 this year if we had not lost winnable games against the Eagles, Cats, Port and Demons. We crushed the Tigers and conclusively beat the Giants. We are good enough, especially if we can snare a good player or two over the off-season. But even if we can't do so, we are developing a team approach which can present a serious challenge to most of our rivals. The better we go, the more confident we'll get, and then we'll make more of our chances.

The alternative path seemingly favoured by some posters - throwing our hand in now, sacking the coaching staff and some or all of the club management, going back to the bottom of the table and trying for a better result in the draft lotto than we did over the 2011-2014 period - sucks IMO. We need to keep striving to improve, start making the finals consistently, building up our confidence, and then the premierships will come. Before they fell apart, the Butterss-Waldron-Thomas team were working towards the goal of the Saints becoming an elite club: one that attracted more than its share of media attention and sponsorship, a team that the players and fans of other clubs feared lining up against. That's still the right path IMO: we tried something else in the 2007-10 period, it almost worked, but then we ended up back where we started. That's not the path Geelong or the Hawks took, or Richmond, the Pies and Carlton are trying to take.

We have a clear mission: make the top 4 in 2018. We weren't really all that far away from achieving that goal this year. Our defence was generally strong and we got the ball into scoring positions enough to win 3-4 more games than we did. it was mainly a matter of confidence in front of the sticks. We can work on that, and indeed some players have already done so: note Dunstan's improvement in recent games.

Becoming a top club is not beyond our reach. If we can achieve that consistently, then a premiership will surely come eventually. Keep the faith.
Ok.

How do you think our football department system would have looked this year if we didn't add Carlisle, Brown, Steele and Stevens to the team?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
How do you think our football department system would have looked this year if we didn't add Carlisle, Brown, Steele and Stevens to the team?
Exactly.
Everyone here is claiming we improved from last year because we didn't have the 100+ point blow outs but that can be put down purely to Brown and Carlisle stopping a few goals from tall fwds. That's it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Exactly.
Everyone here is claiming we improved from last year because we didn't have the 100+ point blow outs but that can be put down purely to Brown and Carlisle stopping a few goals from tall fwds. That's it.
I'm not sure what your expectations were for this year but we are in the region that most non-biased fans would have predicted, the 8-11th range.

There are 8 - 10 better sides than us this year, but if you thought we were top 4 material then I can see why you would be disappointed.

The football department can do whatever they like, it isn't going to hide the fact that we have a pretty ordinary list and we had a very tough draw this year.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Exactly.
I'm not sure what your expectations were for this year but we are in the region that most non-biased fans would have predicted, the 8-11th range.

There are 8 - 10 better sides than us this year, but if you thought we were top 4 material then I can see why you would be disappointed.

The football department can do whatever they like, it isn't going to hide the fact that we have a pretty ordinary list and we had a very tough draw this year.
The football department's job is to the improve players, and improve the team.

They're failing.