At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenti

Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:

I did. You are a grown man, not 14 year old, telling it how it is. Got it. :idea:

Pretty much.

So how do your other childish rants fit in to the thread then?
I guess they were just paraphrasing your melt down.

Sorry, your conscientious objection to being blindly faithful to the club you say you haven't really supported in 10 years.

Your faith is a huge loss. You have been really solid. Cant believe you melted like this. Im devasted.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I've been resenting them for years.

Every year I get sucked in. Every freakin year.

Same old, same old.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:

I did. You are a grown man, not 14 year old, telling it how it is. Got it. :idea:

Pretty much.

Sorry, your conscientious objection to being blindly faithful to the club you say you haven't really supported in 10 years.

Your faith is a huge loss. You have been really solid. Cant believe you melted like this. Im devasted.
My mistake. I didn't realise I was conversing with a child.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:

Pretty much.

My mistake. I didn't realise I was conversing with a child.
I understand. You didnt realise you were having a melt down either.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote: This is a site for st kinda supporters, so you should probably bugger off and 'unbiasedly observe ' another team if you aren't one.

Real supporters stick fat, they can criticise, but if you think of jumping ship after all this, I wouldn't call you a supporter

Children and teenage fan bois 'stick fat'.

Mature, intelligent adults don't get emotional about sport and see performance for what it is.

How on earth anyone would pay the wages of the professionals at the St Kilda Football Club via their membership and attendance dollars is beyond me.

It's like donating to a charity that you know is being rorted. It makes no sense.
And you are so.much mature aren't you?

I really don't know how you can watch us all through 2013-2016 with the 100 point drubbings, then why we lose by 20 points in a development year, you resent them. But you're not too emotional are you eh?

Good luck, I'm willing to pay a membership to help my team win the big dance, if you don't think it's worth it, then more power to you I guess,

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote: This is a site for st kinda supporters, so you should probably bugger off and 'unbiasedly observe ' another team if you aren't one.

Real supporters stick fat, they can criticise, but if you think of jumping ship after all this, I wouldn't call you a supporter

Mature, intelligent adults don't get emotional about sport and see performance for what it is.

How on earth anyone would pay the wages of the professionals at the St Kilda Football Club via their membership and attendance dollars is beyond me.

It's like donating to a charity that you know is being rorted. It makes no sense.

I really don't know how you can watch us all through 2013-2016 with the 100 point drubbings, then why we lose by 20 points in a development year, you resent them. But you're not too emotional are you eh?
Maybe you should re-read the OP and the thread. This post makes no sense in the context.
Proph3t of egan wrote: Good luck, I'm willing to pay a membership to help my team win the big dance, if you don't think it's worth it, then more power to you I guess,

?

You seriously think buying a membership helps a team win a flag? Do you think 'supporting the boys' makes them play better?

Please.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Maybe you should re-read the OP and the thread. This post makes no sense in the context.
Proph3t of egan wrote: Good luck, I'm willing to pay a membership to help my team win the big dance, if you don't think it's worth it, then more power to you I guess,

?

You seriously think buying a membership helps a team win a flag? Do you think 'supporting the boys' makes them play better?

Please.
No you are right again Johnny. Its definitely time to have a melt down, cease supporting them and start resenting them. That if nothing else is a great source of amusement.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Something will click with the team next year at some stage or hopefully it starts at the beginning of next year. It may even occur in 2019.

I think we're in a similar kind of position and it reminds of when Ross Lyon was in his 2nd year back in 2008. We were treading water, destined to be a good ordinary side and then bang...something clicked and the Saints made the top 4 that year unexpectedly. Then we made the GF 2 years straight and barely lost a home and away game.

Part of following a sports team is riding the highs and lows of going up and down the ladder. Lets be honest, the Hawks are probably the only side that has truly avoided that in the past 10 years.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
No you are right again Johnny. Its definitely time to have a melt down, cease supporting them and start resenting them. That if nothing else is a great source of amusement.
You should re-read the OP before you make yourself look even more foolish.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
Its a tough gig looking foolish with you trolling me Johnny. Give me a break buddy.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Something will click with the team next year at some stage or hopefully it starts at the beginning of next year. It may even occur in 2019.

I think we're in a similar kind of position and it reminds of when Ross Lyon was in his 2nd year back in 2008. We were treading water, destined to be a good ordinary side and then bang...something clicked and the Saints made the top 4 that year unexpectedly. Then we made the GF 2 years straight and barely lost a home and away game.

Part of following a sports team is riding the highs and lows of going up and down the ladder. Lets be honest, the Hawks are probably the only side that has truly avoided that in the past 10 years.

Fair enough post - but it misses the point of the OP.

The OP doesn't talk about the club. I don't begrudge people supporting a club. Good luck to them.

But the OP is talking about the people at the club that are not up to it.

The effort by the players and the coaches as a whole this year has been nothing short of pathetic. But there have been excuses. As an observer of the game, you find reasons and excuses for poor performances. But the longer they continue, the harder it is to justify. Eventually, and this was clearly yesterday's game, there comes a point where you can't honestly excuse it anymore. You can't support the people at the club.

If they're doing their best - they shouldn't be at the club or any AFL club because they're obviously simply just not up to it. If they're not doing their best - then they should be sacked and replaced with people who will do their best.

There have been several performances this season which have been laughable to watch. Comical.

But all of that paled into insignificance compared to what these highly paid professional dished up yesterday.

How anyone can 'support the boys' or justify that pitiful performance form the box and on the ground yesterday is beyond me.

You may support the club, but surely any logical, balanced adult can see past that and call these performances for what they are. These aren't even club people doing it. They're people that have been at the club for about 5 minutes, and they're serving up rubbish then driving off in expensive cars with a boot full of members' cash.

Even the biggest fanboi in the world can surely not support what the people at the club are doing.
Last edited by Johnny Member on Mon 14 Aug 2017 2:43pm, edited 3 times in total.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
Its a tough gig looking foolish with you trolling me Johnny. Give me a break buddy.
Read the OP, then come back and apologise kid.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

?

Please.
AFL is Business first and foremost, the clubs that make more money for them are treated better. The GWS expiremnt offers an untapped area of possible AFL fans, so AFL put their effort to grow the AFL there through GWS who they set up really well. Similarly, teams such as Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton are all popular and therefore gain prime time slots for games which makes them more money, which allows them to spend more on getting the beat possible people for the jobs

By becoming a saints member, or even just attending games, you are helping build the club and help it have sustained financial success, but you're right I'll be at every home game cheering my loudest to try get the boys over the line, but I'm just childish like that

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:
By becoming a saints member, or even just attending games, you are helping build the club and help it have sustained financial success, but you're right I'll be at every home game cheering my loudest to try get the boys over the line, but I'm just childish like that
Look, you're entitled to do whatever you want. Good luck to you. I cheered when watching Game of Thrones last week, so who am I to judge.

But if you think cheering loudly will make these guys play better - you're delusional.

And if you're right, then it's much worse than I thought down at the club! The reason they can't kick, and seem to be playing footy to the Benny Hill theme song is because the crowd isn't blowing smoke up their arses enough? Fair dinkum.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Part of following a sports team is riding the highs and lows of going up and down the ladder. Lets be honest, the Hawks are probably the only side that has truly avoided that in the past 10 years.
And Geelong. And Sydney.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I do t have an issue with JMs post - it's all opinion and I do think at some point it's worth looking objectively at the performance of this club (or non performance) over a very long period of time and ask the question: Do we have the best people in the organisation we can get? Are they measured appropriately? Do we have genuine governance processes in place that, regardless of who you are/know, ensure your performance is objectively assessed and results transparent to those needing to make decisions ??

We do have to stop the "ah well next year" mentality and be aggressive in wanting success. It won't come on its own accord.

For to long we've been run by personalities - we must demand professionalism in all we do.

“Yeah….nah””
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
Look, you're entitled to do whatever you want. Good luck to you. I cheered when watching Game of Thrones last week, so who am I to judge.

But if you think cheering loudly will make these guys play better - you're delusional.

And if you're right, then it's much worse than I thought down at the club! The reason they can't kick, and seem to be playing footy to the Benny Hill theme song is because the crowd isn't blowing smoke up their arses enough? Fair dinkum.
Yeah, I'm pretty delusional, I mean, I'm spending my time arguing with a faceless entity that could be anyone about the value of supporting a club that is the smallest club in a nationwide competition that no one cares about anywhere else in the world

I'll be here next year, and the year after, and after that, cos you have to be crazy to keep taking the beating that St Kilda dishes out to its supporters on a weekly basis.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote: The OP doesn't talk about the club. I don't begrudge people supporting a club. Good luck to them.

But the OP is talking about the people at the club that are not up to it.

The effort by the players and the coaches as a whole this year has been nothing short of pathetic. But there have been excuses. As an observer of the game, you find reasons and excuses for poor performances. But the longer they continue, the harder it is to justify. Eventually, and this was clearly yesterday's game, there comes a point where you can't honestly excuse it anymore.
I agree with Johnny about this bit.

Can I, will I, would I withdraw my allegiance to the Saints?? Don't reckon I can. Can barely go a day without looking at SS. It's wired into me, no matter how much of a rational adult I am.

But yes indeed a generally lame and poor year punctuated by a few bright spots. Mediocre much. Am sure Richo is a nice fella. But comes across as all system and process withe the juice sucked out of it. Seriously doubt his capacity in his role. Too many players going backwards for their not to be something amiss in the way the team's being coached / managed.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Just want to acknowledge CQSaint for his consistently hilarious output in this thread which seems to threaten a second meltdown from Johnny.
All in good fun.

Nee!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

fugazi wrote:Just want to acknowledge CQSaint for his consistently hilarious output in this thread which seems to threaten a second meltdown from Johnny.
All in good fun.
does it qualify as an "ongoing dispute"?
Hope not, it's as funny as Citypest arguing with everyone

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
David-Lee
Club Player

Struth...we were all butt hurt after yesterdays loss. I flipped out and went all hate on everyone. So Johnny cracked the sads... we all did....Johnny went a bit far with the whole, " I'm going to take my ball and go play elsewhere" routine.
What a fecked up Sunday. But....ITS MONDAY! So now we start fantasizing about the smack down we're going to lay on the Roos! Even if it doesn't matter I am going to savour the flavour and if it goes sour on the weekend....well....butt hurt again.
Last edited by David-Lee on Mon 14 Aug 2017 3:49pm, edited 3 times in total.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Dammit - loris used an inappropriate word and I missed it!

Am very sorry for Johnny Member because he doesn't seem to understand that being a Saints supporter and being a Saints fan boi are one and the same thing. Some of us were born to it, some of us achieved it and some of us had it thrust upon us. But we're Saints fans. This is not a matter of choice.

How amusing that simultaneous with this thread we have that other one about what [inappropriate word - self-censored, why wait for MODS?] unsupportive [inappropriate word - self-censored, why wait for MODS?] we all are.

The team, coach and entire football department has been worse than this in the past. No doubt it will be worse in the future! Go Saints!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Answer:

Today.

As an entertainment product, I'm not interested in watching this stuff.

As a 'supporter', I can't support the rubbish that the coaches dish up each week. And as a sports fan in general, I can't accept the immature, amateurish rubbish that the players served up today.

The problem is that what's happening today isn't isolated. It's merely being exposed today.

As a fan, you bring a bit of blind faith and loyal support to the table. But I'm afraid that just can't continue. This needs to be called as it is.
The OP doesnt talk about anything. It is a dummy spit. All emotional diatribe. This needs to be called as it is. A melt down. Go off in the corner and have a good sook and then come back with something constructive or just go away.

The OPs author wanted a merge with Gold Coast in his next post as an attempt to divert attention from his melt down and has done nothing but deny he lost control of his emotions ever since.

This is a forum for passionate saints supporters. Youve shown your passion. Now show your support or f*** off.

David-Lee
Club Player

I'm new to the Saints...I moved to Melbourne from overseas any my father in law was Saints all day. So I climbed aboard. We were down at the time. But things changed and its been up and down over 22 years. Johnny have you been down to Moorabbin and looked at the club history lately? 1873. Thats when it all started. What a club. Just in the last 22 years we have played 4 grand finals!! 4!! We are some kind of special. The champions -the absolute legends that have served this club...you really want to turn? Are you serious? If not and you're just you know what I call it....butt hurt...then say so. Man up and and say - " sorry boys I cracked the sads" maybe even a tear would help...but keep carrying on about leaving?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Struth...we were all butt hurt after yesterdays loss. I flipped out and went all hate on everyone. So Johnny cracked the sads... we all did....Johnny went a bit far with the whole, " I'm going to take my ball and go play elsewhere" routine.
What a fecked up Sunday. But....ITS MONDAY! So now we start fantasizing about the smack down we're going to lay on the Roos! Even if it doesn't matter I am going to savour the flavour and if it goes sour on the weekend....well....butt hurt again.
You've missed the point entirely.

The OP has nothing to with cracking the sads, or "I'm going to take my ball and go play elsewhere".

It has nothing to do with what the team is going to do this weekend.

It has nothing to do with 'hurt'.

It's not about this 'love of the club' nonsense that people go on about.

All of that is irrelevant. That sort of stuff is for the kids that have posters on their walls and wear duffle coats to the footy each week.

The OP is about being unable to justify the performances of people at the club. They are terrible at their jobs. To have 40-50 people get paid really, really good dough to work for 4 years and as a result deliver the rubbish performances that we have seen this year - is a farce. What happened yesterday, as stated in the OP, was no aberration. It's a culmination. A culmination of incompetence and ineptitude.

It can't be defended.