At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenti

We are by definition the most resilient fans....no other team has created as much disappointment in such a variety of ways.

So when we find yet another way to blow an opportunity....with everything to play for, a chance to give a club champion one more crack at finals.....we allow an opening quarter blitz to snuff out any chance.

You're entitled a meltdown.

Nee!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:We are by definition the most resilient fans....no other team has created as much disappointment in such a variety of ways.

So when we find yet another way to blow an opportunity....with everything to play for, a chance to give a club champion one more crack at finals.....we allow an opening quarter blitz to snuff out any chance.

You're entitled a meltdown.
This isn't about giving Reiwoldt anything.

His poor kicking in 09 is as much to blame as anyone for his lack of a premiership.

And this isn't a meltdown. It's merely a scenario where there just isn't a silver lining to a very s*** performance.

It's just calling it for what it is - a bunch of mediocre football people assembled in one club at one time.

And, it wasn't a once off. It was genuine a reflection of the sheer s***ness of the people at the club currently (in a footballing sense of course).

[MOD EDIT - SWEAR FILTER - PLEASE!]

mullet
Saintsational Legend

deep down we all know how unfair the "competition" is and we know its really hard to win a premiership with this contrived comp. We know the AFL want GWS to win one, then their focus will go to gold coast. I think this is why we feel how we do.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Talking with a mate and Carlton fan about this last year. We pretty much agreed that the Bulldogs winning the flag was deserved but still out of the blue. Possibly the last of its kind for a long time.

He even made the point that the Saints and Blues more than likely won't win a flag in the next 50 years. The league is geared for interstate sides to be successful most of the time to maintain a strong national league.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
happy feet
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Talking with a mate and Carlton fan about this last year. We pretty much agreed that the Bulldogs winning the flag was deserved but still out of the blue. Possibly the last of its kind for a long time.

He even made the point that the Saints and Blues more than likely won't win a flag in the next 50 years. The league is geared for interstate sides to be successful most of the time to maintain a strong national league.
I have thought this too myself. I believed we would win one with Roo, Kosi, Goodard, Dal et al but not to be. I wonder if i will see a Premiershipnin my lifetime (was 3 in 1963).

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

On reflection I think the resentment starts about now and morphs to supporting about the time of the 2018 preseason trials. And the cycle more or less repeats.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Look to be honest, Johnny had a little melt down. It wasnt good and he will learn from it. His hopes were high and he was hanging on a better result and basically after a very disappointing 30 minute period, he fried like butter in a hot pan.
What was very pleasing was that he pulled himself together in the second half, identified his weakness, worked hard to stick to process and strongly denied having anything to be upset about in the first place. He has a few things to work on and might spend a bit of time supporting other clubs just to find form. Its been a big konth for Johnny.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Look to be honest, Johnny had a little melt down. It wasnt good and he will learn from it. His hopes were high and he was hanging on a better result and basically after a very disappointing 30 minute period, he fried like butter in a hot pan.
What was very pleasing was that he pulled himself together in the second half, identified his weakness, worked hard to stick to process and strongly denied having anything to be upset about in the first place. He has a few things to work on and might spend a bit of time supporting other clubs just to find form. Its been a big konth for Johnny.
:D

Nee!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Lol. It's been a big konth for us all!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Look to be honest, Johnny had a little melt down. It wasnt good and he will learn from it. His hopes were high and he was hanging on a better result and basically after a very disappointing 30 minute period, he fried like butter in a hot pan.
I have no idea what this post means.

You should re-read the OP and thread, and see at what point it even remotely resembles a 'melt down'.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?"

At NO point! Go Saints! GO!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:"At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?"

With all due respect, that's just unfounded blind faith.

There are clearly a lot of well paid people at the St Kilda Football Club that either are no good at their jobs, or have been underperforming for 4 years.

Why would you 'support' that?

I don't understand. It needs to be called for what it is. Regardless of what colours they wear on a weekend.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:"At what point do you cease supporting, and start resenting?"

With all due respect, that's just unfounded blind faith.

There are clearly a lot of well paid people at the St Kilda Football Club that either are no good at their jobs, or have been underperforming for 4 years.

Why would you 'support' that?

I don't understand. It needs to be called for what it is. Regardless of what colours they wear on a weekend.
Last time I looked, when I paid my membership, I got the right to support the club, in whatever manner I choose. With all due respect Colleague, that's just how I'll continue! Have a great day! See you next week at the dome we call home! Go Saints! GO!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

JM you're entitled to express your opinion, nobody would dispute that. Yesterday's ( ahem ) " effort" was awful.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

You should re-read the OP and thread, and see at what point it even remotely resembles a 'melt down'.
Im sorry Johnny. You are obviously just coming to some sort of resolve that this is just a game and that St.kilda are not worthy of your support - even though you are not really a supporter any more. The club will miss you defending their mediocrity and will hopefully do better now you have got that off your chest.

In case they dont, I think it was a wise decision to withdraw your blind faith and loyalty.

I am sorry I couldnt see how valid your commentary was and if you never post again I will fully understand.

Maybe you can run out with Roo in the last game for old times sake.

You woll be missed but will go down as a mediocre supporting legend.

I just want to end with.

RUOK?

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Im really REALLY happy you didnt drop - "he will learn from it"
*shudder* hate that phase.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:

Did you miss it Dals?. Its there.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Im sorry Johnny. You are obviously just coming to some sort of resolve that this is just a game and that St.kilda are not worthy of your support - even though you are not really a supporter any more. The club will miss you defending their mediocrity and will hopefully do better now you have got that off your chest.

In case they dont, I think it was a wise decision to withdraw your blind faith and loyalty.

I am sorry I couldnt see how valid your commentary was and if you never post again I will fully understand.

I just want to end with.

RUOK?

I think you need to re-read the OP and the thread again.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:

Did you miss it Dals?. Its there.

OH.

Im still intoxicated.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

I just want to end with.

RUOK?

I think you need to re-read the OP and the thread again.
I did. You are a grown man, not 14 year old, telling it how it is. Got it. :idea:

loris
Saintsational Legend

If Johnny Member is no longer a Saints supporter, and he continues to post on Saintsational does that mean he is a troll?

Just wondering.................. ?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote: This is a site for st kinda supporters, so you should probably bugger off and 'unbiasedly observe ' another team if you aren't one.

Real supporters stick fat, they can criticise, but if you think of jumping ship after all this, I wouldn't call you a supporter

Children and teenage fan bois 'stick fat'.

Mature, intelligent adults don't get emotional about sport and see performance for what it is.

How on earth anyone would pay the wages of the professionals at the St Kilda Football Club via their membership and attendance dollars is beyond me.

It's like donating to a charity that you know is being rorted. It makes no sense.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:If Johnny Member is no longer a Saints supporter, and he continues to post on Saintsational does that mean he is a troll?

I post on many forums about many different topics.

I was under the impression that the term 'troll' is used to describe someone who attempts to upset other posters as their only intention.

That's certainly not mine. I'd imagine that some views may upset other posters, but it's not the sole purpose of my posting.

So no, I'm not a troll.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:

I did. You are a grown man, not 14 year old, telling it how it is. Got it. :idea:

Pretty much.

So how do your other childish rants fit in to the thread then?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
loris wrote:If Johnny Member is no longer a Saints supporter, and he continues to post on Saintsational does that mean he is a troll?

I post on many forums about many different topics.

I was under the impression that the term 'troll' is used to describe someone who attempts to upset other posters as their only intention.

That's certainly not mine. I'd imagine that some views may upset other posters, but it's not the sole purpose of my posting.

So no, I'm not a troll.
''twas a joke Joyce :roll: lighten up so sorry I hurt your sensibilities :P

[MOD EDIT - REMOVAL OF INAPPROPRIATE WORD]