Operation Get Kelly 2018

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_J
Club Player

Operation Get Kelly 2018

O my watched the dogs get dismantled last night and our man Kelly was bloody impressive. We need this guy and he's one of the few i say throw the sink, pay overs whatever,..... we need his services! come on saints get this one done!

KellySaint18

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Operation Get Kelly 2018

Give up our 2 first round picks and put him on a 5 year deal around 700-900k.

In reality. If we swap our 2 first round picks we only lose 1 of those top 10 picks as Kelly replaces one of those picks anyway. He is ready made now and worth it.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
loris
Saintsational Legend

Watching Kelly, purr along reminded me of Daniel Wells, he has that same effortless running gait, and beautiful kick on the run. Kelly looks all class.
I noticed on Fox last night, when the panel were discussing Kelly after the match, they mentioned only Carlton and North being the major players for him, though they said Geelong is now also showing interest. No mention of the Saints at all.
Last edited by loris on Sat 12 Aug 2017 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.

StNoodles
Club Player

I'll chuck in a fiddy. He's an amazingly impressive player for his age

longtimesaint
Club Player

loris wrote:Watching Kelly, purr along reminded my of Daniel Wells, has that same effortless running gait, and beautiful kick on the run. Kelly looks all class.
I noticed on Fox last night, when the panel were discussing Kelly after the match, they mentioned only Carlton and North being the major players for him, though they said Geelong is now also showing interest. No mention of the Saints at all.
Hope that means we are working behind the scenes and under the radar.

One year will be our year
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

If Saints get Kelly we would have 5 of the top 20 picks from 2013 draft. If Freeman comes on and we gain Kelly they could all be in a 2018 lineup. Shrewd recruiting.

Picks
2. Kelly
3. Billings
10. Freeman
18. Dunstan
19. Acres
Last edited by parkeysainter on Sat 12 Aug 2017 11:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

loris wrote:Watching Kelly, purr along reminded me of Daniel Wells, he has that same effortless running gait, and beautiful kick on the run. Kelly looks all class.
Struth, I'd be a little underwhelmed if he was on a par with Daniel Wells - if there's ever been a more disappointing, overrated player than Wells, I'd like to know who it is???

Look again it's the Flash!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He is one of the best players I've seen.
Absolute star.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
loris wrote:Watching Kelly, purr along reminded me of Daniel Wells, he has that same effortless running gait, and beautiful kick on the run. Kelly looks all class.
Struth, I'd be a little underwhelmed if he was on a par with Daniel Wells - if there's ever been a more disappointing, overrated player than Wells, I'd like to know who it is???
Wells is a very good player who has had lots of different injuries.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
suss
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:If Saints get Kelly we would have 5 of the top 20 picks from 2013 draft. If Freeman comes on and we gain Kelly they could all be in a 2018 lineup. Shrewd recruiting.

Picks
2. Kelly
3. Billings
10. Freeman
18. Dunstan
19. Acres
Sinclair was a rookie in that year too from memory.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Kelly is an absolute jet, so clean in movement and disposal. He was discussed pre-game on the radio (AFL nation?) and Sandy Roberts commented the Saints were right into it. Saints hadn't been mentioned as a possible suitor in the conversation until Sandy threw the fish on the table. A minute later, the "experts" all agreed the Saints, who have been silent on the matter, would be his destination should he leave the Giants - plenty of salary cap room, high draft picks to deal with. And, we need him.

He is our man, let's get him!

Saint supporter since '62
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Best positioned to get him really.

Can offer or match pretty much any financials and have the legit picks to trade to GWS to keep them happy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:If Saints get Kelly we would have 5 of the top 20 picks from 2013 draft. If Freeman comes on and we gain Kelly they could all be in a 2018 lineup. Shrewd recruiting.

Picks
2. Kelly
3. Billings
10. Freeman
18. Dunstan
19. Acres
Sinclair was a rookie in that year too from memory.
Get pick 4 that year as well- The Bont

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Of course, there is JUST the slightest possibility that the Giants go all the way; win the flag, and "our" ( :roll: ) man Kelly simply re-signs with GWS. Has THAT scenario factored into anyone's thinking?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Of course, there is JUST the slightest possibility that the Giants go all the way; win the flag, and "our" ( :roll: ) man Kelly simply re-signs with GWS. Has THAT scenario factored into anyone's thinking?
Nah won't happen.

Our whole premiership fantasy is totally based on getting a gun FA.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
David-Lee
Club Player

I still believe that the way to long term success is to collect a bevy of draft picks and build a winning team from cheap yet effective selections. It has worked repeatedly globally in every sport.
Rarely does trading away high round draft picks result in long term team success. Yes there are instances but they are magnificently outweighed by teams built with a volume of draft selections vs trading it all for a player.

But none of this matters because Kelly is the hope now. Every player will suddenly do their jobs, kick straight and be legends when he arrives. As a matter of fact on his back alone we will rise to win grand finals for years to come....of course his brilliant skills have failed to lift his immensely more talented team ( than ours) to a grand final in four years...but that will all change
Last edited by David-Lee on Sat 12 Aug 2017 2:44pm, edited 3 times in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Of course, there is JUST the slightest possibility that the Giants go all the way; win the flag, and "our" ( :roll: ) man Kelly simply re-signs with GWS. Has THAT scenario factored into anyone's thinking?
Nah won't happen.

Our whole premiership fantasy is totally based on getting a gun FA.
:lol: :lol: "nah won't happen" :lol: :lol: thanks for that Nostradamus :lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Wells is a very good player who has had lots of different injuries.

Plus one.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IMO, I would think that he may be more likely to move if GWS wins the flag this year., than if they lose.

With GWS he would anticipate that he will most likely get a flag if he stays, whereas with the Saints odds will be a lot lower. So if he bags a flag this year, he may give lifestyle a larger weighting.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think if they win a flag he is more likely to leave.
Then he has the flag locked away for life.
But realistically we need to remember that we aren't the only club chasing him. He will have a multitude of offers to consider. I can certainly imagine him signing a 2 year deal at GWS and then going for the big contract in Melbourne in 2020.
But your point is valid. By no means should we be relying on him as our Messiah.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

On the contrary, if the Giants win the Flag, he'll have no reason to stay, as I think his only motive for staying at GWS would be that their Premiership window is well open.

So if our season ends before theirs, we should be barracking hard for the Giants!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
On the contrary, if the Giants win the Flag, he'll have no reason to stay, as I think his only motive for staying at GWS would be that their Premiership window is well open.

So if our season ends before theirs, we should be barracking hard for the Giants!
WOW! It's just amazing just how much the folk on here know what Josh Kelly is thinking, and what decisions he's going to make!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

WOW! It's just amazing just how much the folk on here know what Josh Kelly is thinking, and what decisions he's going to make!
Why ask the question, if you do not really want people's opinions?

Or do you only want opinions that rubber stamp your own?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Why ask the question, if you do not really want people's opinions?

Or do you only want opinions that rubber stamp your own?
errrrr no, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dont stress mate, its just a forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Our ITKs on BF have quietly insinuated that he is over the line - club keeping a low profile on this one but good chance he will be in the RWB next year :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!