Saints by 10 goals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saints by 10 goals

I feel a big win coming on. The dees have given up. They have been hopeless over the last couple and have dropped their shoulders. Must be the record snow falls.

Anyway I thought we were terrific against the eagles and they are a better side than most give credit to here. Our last qtr was super strong...I reckon the form will continue.

Billings will nail 4 with a bog performance. Saints by 50+

#1 Ryder fan
stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Saints by 10 goals

MC Gusto wrote:I feel a big win coming on. The dees have given up. They have been hopeless over the last couple and have dropped their shoulders. Must be the record snow falls.

Anyway I thought we were terrific against the eagles and they are a better side than most give credit to here. Our last qtr was super strong...I reckon the form will continue.

Billings will nail 4 with a bog performance. Saints by 50+
We will take that, hope your correct!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
bigred
Saintsational Legend

We owe them one.

Big time.

That round one loss still really irks me. I am irked.

Seven wins to go.

Should make a statement with this one.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stonecold
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:We owe them one.

Big time.

That round one loss still really irks me. I am irked.

Seven wins to go.

Should make a statement with this one.
The working day starting off with some positive posts, I like it!!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

MCG is our happy hunting ground.

We won't win by 10 goals but will be 3 or4 IMO

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If Richmond win the next two, they might know before we play them that they have secured top 4 on the Sunday arvo and will rest half their team.

They are also coming back from Perth that week.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:MCG is our happy hunting ground.

We won't win by 10 goals but will be 3 or4 IMO
Would be nice

In red white and black from 73
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I am more confident about this week than round 1. Destiny will then be in our own hands.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
stonecold
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:If Richmond win the next two, they might know before we play them that they have secured top 4 on the Sunday arvo and will rest half their team.

Rather beat them again with their best team in!!!!!

Should earn your spot in the 8!!!!! IMO!!!!!

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:If Richmond win the next two, they might know before we play them that they have secured top 4 on the Sunday arvo and will rest half their team.

Probably no need to rest players given there's a bye before the finals.

spert
Saintsational Legend

We beat Richmond by almost 10 goals by only playing one and a half quarters. All we need to do is play four consistent quarters and we should win by 40 goals..it has to happen eventually in the AFL.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Apart from Maddie's Match, were there any games this year
where the lads weren't wasteful in front of goal?

Any games where it took less than 7 inside 50's to get a goal?

Power game- 51 inside 50's for 61 points :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Gee, I don't know about this. I think the Demons have a lot of talent and pace and will be difficult for us to handle. I feel far more confident that we can beat the Roos and the Tigers. So, for mine, this is very much our season-determining match.

If we play at our best, I'm sure we can win: but how often do we play at our best? As always, taking our chances in front of goal is crucial: Melbourne have shown that they can move the ball forward quickly and thereby pull back a 3-4 goal deficit in the blink of an eye. If we are winning on the field early in the game, we need to turn that into a six or more goal lead by half-time, or else we will be very vulnerable.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

This weekend, Round 21, we need to defeat Melbourne to remain a realistic chance of making the finals. This will be the 4th time in the last decade that we’ve needed to win in Round 21 to keep our finals hopes alive.

The bad news, on the three previous occasions we’ve lost.

Round 21 2016 vs Sydney – A tough ask against flag favourites, but we had to win to keep our finals hopes alive. We stuck with them for a half but we were blown away by 70 points in the end. We ended up 9th.

Round 21 2012 vs Geelong – We’d sat between 7th and 11th all year but by Round 21 we had to win our last three to make the eight. On a Friday night at Etihad we got within a point of Geelong in the final term before falling in a heap and losing by 42pts. We ended up 9th.

Round 21 2007 vs West Coast – We were charging towards finals after a slow start but still had to win our last two games. West Coast was a tough ask but we lead by as much as 40 points before going down by 8 points. We ended up 9th.

Time to change this run.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:This weekend, Round 21, we need to defeat Melbourne to remain a realistic chance of making the finals. This will be the 4th time in the last decade that we’ve needed to win in Round 21 to keep our finals hopes alive.

Round 21 2016 vs Sydney – A tough ask against flag favourites, but we had to win to keep our finals hopes alive. We stuck with them for a half but we were blown away by 70 points in the end. We ended up 9th.

Round 21 2012 vs Geelong – We’d sat between 7th and 11th all year but by Round 21 we had to win our last three to make the eight. On a Friday night at Etihad we got within a point of Geelong in the final term before falling in a heap and losing by 42pts. We ended up 9th.

Round 21 2007 vs West Coast – We were charging towards finals after a slow start but still had to win our last two games. West Coast was a tough ask but we lead by as much as 40 points before going down by 8 points. We ended up 9th.

Time to change this run.
I don't want to be 9th!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't pay to underestimate Melbourne. They are a bit like us. A good side when they turn up. I have it as a 50/50 game if WE turn up.
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 09 Aug 2017 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

repta
Club Player

Saints thought they had it won in Round 1 and didn't bother turning up to play the game. I don't think they will take it lightly this time around.
Must win.

Go the Crows (I wanted to do that once in my lifetime ...... now it is done).

Win, the Crows win, we are in the box seat for the finals.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:This weekend, Round 21, we need to defeat Melbourne to remain a realistic chance of making the finals. This will be the 4th time in the last decade that we’ve needed to win in Round 21 to keep our finals hopes alive.

Time to change this run.
Comparing this year to any other year is futile.
Different players, different setups, it's totally irrelevant.
It's like saying that on the 9th of August 2007, the weather did this or that...and compare it to today's weather

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:

Time to change this run.
It's like saying that on the 9th of August 2007, the weather did this or that...and compare it to today's weather
Spot on, as far as making comparisons with the past is concerned. I expect a very hard game this week. "10 goal win" ? Yeah! Right! Predictions like this, in my humble opinion, are as far off the mark as those who predict ten goal floggings. This weeks game has to be taken on its merit, prepared for on its merit, and executed on its merit!

As I've said elsewhere: I'm going into this three match period with nothing but a determination to barrack completely for the Saints, and our retiring champion! Let the rest take care of itself! Go Saints! GO!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto had better not jinx us again.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Time to change this run.
Spot on, as far as making comparisons with the past is concerned. I expect a very hard game this week. "10 goal win" ? Yeah! Right! Predictions like this, in my humble opinion, are as far off the mark as those who predict ten goal floggings. This weeks game has to be taken on its merit, prepared for on its merit, and executed on its merit!

As I've said elsewhere: I'm going into this three match period with nothing but a determination to barrack completely for the Saints, and our retiring champion! Let the rest take care of itself! Go Saints! GO!
Sorry for wasting your time. If you look a little closer you'll see my post is not a comparison, it's the stating of actual events, a collection of events that are similar to what we face this week. It's no different to saying we've won our last 4 games at the MCG, it's not a comparison, prediction or forecast, it's just purely stating the facts. Facts that some (obviously not all) readers may be interested in.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:

Probably no need to rest players given there's a bye before the finals.
Good point.

:shock:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Milne
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Time to change this run.

Sorry for wasting your time. If you look a little closer you'll see my post is not a comparison, it's the stating of actual events, a collection of events that are similar to what we face this week. It's no different to saying we've won our last 4 games at the MCG, it's not a comparison, prediction or forecast, it's just purely stating the facts. Facts that some (obviously not all) readers may be interested in.
We choked last year in Boomers record breaking game last year. Sydney was always going to be a loss.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Time to change this run.

I reckon you should be cloned, you have the best attitude of any footy supporter anywhere! Keep on fighting and believing!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Time to change this run.

No need to get precious mate.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)