Jack Steele and TOG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shrodes
SS Life Member

Jack Steele and TOG

Just wanted to mention an interesting aside... Jack Steele has averaged 73% game time this season before the weekend. Some games even as low as 64-66%.

On the weekend played 86% game time, his most for the season, and tore it up with 12 tackles, 2 goals, 10 clearances and 26 disposals (20 contested).
We're letting him off the chain now and seeing what the kid can produce, and I'm excited :D

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Jack Steele and TOG

shrodes wrote:Just wanted to mention an interesting aside... Jack Steele has averaged 73% game time this season before the weekend. Some games even as low as 64-66%.

On the weekend played 86% game time, his most for the season, and tore it up with 12 tackles, 2 goals, 10 clearances and 26 disposals (20 contested).
We're letting him off the chain now and seeing what the kid can produce, and I'm excited :D
Good pick up, by the way, raise your 'keyboard', 1000 posts up!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Interesting Dunstan, who normally has a low TOG%, played 79% which for him is high and he also had one of his best games.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stonecold
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Interesting Dunstan, who normally has a low TOG%, played 79% which for him is high and he also had one of his best games.
Changing of the guard and development, all aimed towards our flag tilt in 2019-2020, as previously stated by the Club!!!!!

All such decisions are geared towards that goal!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
shrodes
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Interesting Dunstan, who normally has a low TOG%, played 79% which for him is high and he also had one of his best games.
Good call - his first game back after the VFL lay off he played 84% which was his highest in 2 years, so he seems to be building a bit of endurance.

Jack Steven only 73% game time this week (his lowest since 2015!), down from his average of 79% for the season, due to the Hutchings tag I imagine.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Remember folks he's only 21. Don't jump to criticise him if he can't keep that level of physicality and standard of play up week in, week out. A few weeks back, can't recall the game, where he laid a record # of tackles. His game the following week was average. It's happened a couple of times this season with Steele.

His robust, tackling style of play must take a fair toll on his fitness. And remember he ran with Luke Shuey all match ( and ended up running off him) that is an endurance feat in itself. As Shuey is a known endurance beast. So he could be a little flat this week. 'Though I'm sure the Club know how to manage his workloads.

So when Steele has some quiet games, remember, he's 21, didn't have a full pre-season, so cut him some slack.

Just like Armo, Dunstan, Ross, Newnes, Roberton to name a few - there are signs of talent there - be patient don't write Steele off when he appears to tread water in his development which may happen at stages, in the next few seasons. Many SS 'experts' on here very vociferously potted the aforementioned as they gave us a roller coaster ride during various stages of developing their AFL careers.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The limited pre-season is a massive hinderance.

I was expecting him to play a max of 10 games this year considering he couldn't run until just before the JLT series. How wrong I was.

I love the way he goes about it, a defensive beast but not limited to only that.

The name L. Hayes gets bandied around a bit, it's a pretty good comparison at this stage.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jack Steele in the hour of chaos!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm getting more and more excited by Steele as the season progresses. He is turning into our own Josh Kennedy (Swans). Gun, contested mid who you can bank on.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Averages the most tackles this year at 7.8 a game

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think