Eade, as a senior assistant?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Eade, as a senior assistant?

thejiggingsaint wrote:
David-Lee wrote:I keep saying it...dump Richo get Dew. Let him run with the boys. Get some top class assistants (most are senior coaches in the waiting so $$ and finals could lure them).
Sounds like a plan! :lol: I/E dump the bloke who's got us on the improvement track. Install an untried assistant coach, based on him being " flavour of the month " among the media types!

REALLY?

A wee bit like sacking Stan Alves in '98, for totally untried ex player! There again, if the plan is to get us even more number one draft picks ( via wooden spoons ) then go for your life champ!
You can't come on here, talking common sense and logic.
What's wrong with you? :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
David-Lee wrote:I keep saying it...dump Richo get Dew. Let him run with the boys. Get some top class assistants (most are senior coaches in the waiting so $$ and finals could lure them).
Sounds like a plan! :lol: I/E dump the bloke who's got us on the improvement track. Install an untried assistant coach, based on him being " flavour of the month " among the media types!

REALLY?

A wee bit like sacking Stan Alves in '98, for totally untried ex player! There again, if the plan is to get us even more number one draft picks ( via wooden spoons ) then go for your life champ!
You can't come on here, talking common sense and logic.
What's wrong with you? :shock:

you know, WS, back in 2003, shortly after replacing Pagan at Norf, Dean Laidley was described as THE future SUPER COACH by that pompous windbag Fatprick Smith, and all this after just two or three rounds as an AFL coach! The trouble with these "expert commentators" is that nobody ever calls them out two or three years after making such outrageous statements and being made to look "gooses" Smith gave me the "Eartha Kitts", not because he made statements that were uncomplimentary toward our club, it was the manner in which other stupid, sycophantic backstuds like KB hung on his every word!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

We beat Norf by a large margin in 04, i think
and I remember Laidley using the word 'very' a bit
As in "the saints are a very very good side"

Yeah, Laidley the supercoach- well, Smith was always a fool

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

There's only one David Lee who would have the audacity to suggest such a thing :mrgreen:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
There's only one David Lee who would have the audacity to suggest such a thing :mrgreen:

JUMP!!!!!??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... xs0rd.html

The words "Demetriou" and "Fitzpatrick" should be added to the swear filter!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I just think Rocket is cooked.

Nee!
repta
Club Player

I think it would be good.
Richo is very good at the warm and glowy stuff (eg People management), but pretty ordinary on the game day and tactics (eg manic pressure is a game style not a game plan and bomb it long into the hot spot went out with the 80's).

I think Eade probably lacks a bit in the EQ, but is far better tactically. Could be a good fit.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

As I have said previously, Eade is now yesterday's man. Aren't we supposed to have some top flight assistants - Danny Sexton and Adam Kingsley? However, I agree that on game day, Richo seems to be slow and lacklustre in making moves.

On the other hand, unless you have good cattle that can also kick well and straight, the outcome will always be doubtful.

supersaints
Club Player

He's called rocket for a good reason.... he goes off in uncontrollable anger rages, some may know that the Swans players demanded he be replaced, and I have it on very good authority the same happened at the Bulldogs with five players refusing to resign if Rocket stayed. He is an absolute lunatic , a nutter that's why he is going again ... he just can't help himself despite having a decade and three clubs try to keep him calm

Tactically brilliant but the personal skills of a psychopath... if you want players to leave en mass... go for it.

If he became senior coach at the Saints it would be an absolute disaster

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:He's called rocket for a good reason.... he goes off in uncontrollable anger rages, some may know that the Swans players demanded he be replaced, and I have it on very good authority the same happened at the Bulldogs with five players refusing to resign if Rocket stayed. He is an absolute lunatic , a nutter that's why he is going again ... he just can't help himself despite having a decade and three clubs try to keep him calm

Tactically brilliant but the personal skills of a psychopath... if you want players to leave en mass... go for it.

If he became senior coach at the Saints it would be an absolute disaster
You tend to find that most psychopaths have great personal skills... it's their ability to empathise that is often lacking

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Finished washed up game past him by FFS you may as well bring back Sheedy at this rate....
Go today's coaches not has beens

“Yeah….nah””
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Time to bring Lenny home. After two seasons with GWS he will have some IP for us.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Oh good lord no!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Oh good lord no!

:lol: :lol: :lol: don't panic! :lol: :lol: I'm convinced! :lol: the rockets trajectory is DOWN! Forget I mentioned it :lol: :lol: