Shane Savage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Shane Savage

Savage's disposal efficiency is 84% this year (no1 for the Saints and 14th in AFL) which is top shelf stuff. We would be crazy to get rid of him.

He is a good B grade player that provides depth to the list. Then add in his expierence and age to his penetrating kicks and speed.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
George27
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Good to see Randy Savage run into some form recently, particularly after almost fading into obscurity.

Let's see how he goes for the of the season and assess his future then.
"Randy"?' Please tell me his Manager's name is Elizabeth ( actually that should be "The Lovely Elizabeth .

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Savage's disposal efficiency is 84% this year (no1 for the Saints and 14th in AFL) which is top shelf stuff. We would be crazy to get rid of him.

He is a good B grade player that provides depth to the list. Then add in his expierence and age to his penetrating kicks and speed.
I concur, colleague. " crazy" indeed.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Good to see Randy Savage run into some form recently, particularly after almost fading into obscurity.

"Randy"?' Please tell me his Manager's name is Elizabeth ( actually that should be "The Lovely Elizabeth .
Yeah Randy is his new nickname. Well, at least that's what I call him and some lads who sit around Aisle 29 and sing "Macho Man" for him.

Hahaha Miss Elizabeth could well be his manager!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He looked very doubtful earlier in the year. I have always liked his run and particularly, his accurate, penetrating kicking. Something that the side lacks.

Well done to Shane for getting himself back on top again - a difficult job in this highly competitive industry.

stkfc1
Club Player

The penny has finally dropped with SS. He's always had the tools, the only knock on him was he could drift in and out of games and he would have the occasional brain fart that looked worse as it would usually cost a goal. He looks like someone full of confidence in their own ability now.

He brings something that any team would scream out for, someone who can easily kick 50-60m with accuracy and has pace to break lines. Total game breaker! Thing is JW is playing how Shane used to. Has the same tools and he's tougher than SS was at the same age but having the same brain farts. He'll come good though. Along with White, we have some serious weaponry coming on, down back.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:"Papers stamped", according to many big-noters here just a couple of months ago.

Has had to earn his selection and he isn't giving up his spot in the team.
To be honest, I think his papers were stamped a couple months...

I've been close to his biggest critic on this forum and it's because he's appeared to be one of those players that has all the tools to be something special and yet he wasn't/isn't.

A couple of months ago he looked like a player headed for the scrap heap and didn't even seem to be that bothered by it.

And yet something has changed. I don't know what exactly.

Whether the reality of a career fast disappearing has spurned him into action, or he's developed self belief and confidence, or their playing him in the correct role etc

Something's changed and he's really transformed

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Can I ask for ppl that have watched him more closely, what role has he played over the last few weeks?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

It's fantastic how well Savage and Dunstan have handled playing at Sandy and returned hungry

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Darth Vader
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
George27 wrote:

Yeah Randy is his new nickname. Well, at least that's what I call him and some lads who sit around Aisle 29 and sing "Macho Man" for him.

Sadly both dead.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Can I ask for ppl that have watched him more closely, what role has he played over the last few weeks?
Sweeper on the half back flank??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
George27 wrote:

Sadly both dead.
Good grief! You're right. Just looked it up. Sad news indeed, Lord Vader.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!