Club Psychologist- missing?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Club Psychologist- missing?

On Saints website,
the list of staff is missing the entry for
"Psychologist- Mark Spargo"

There's actually no psychologist, not even as "vacant"
They have listed a vacancy for the Head of Strategy & Marketing role
so why has the "Sports Psychologist" role been totally erased?
I am positive (sorry Moses- AR) that he was listed as recently as 4 months ago.

His full profile on Linkedin says
Psychologist
St Kilda Football Club
Dec 2014- Present
(with the club coat of arms pictured)
Lead Psychologist
Mens National Water Polo Team
May 2014- Present

Hopefully tony74 can shed some light on this.

P.s. I know I have edited this post about 7 times, but I am incredibly pedantic when I type something, almost like OCD :roll: :shock:
p.p.s removing the "psych" role is strange
In Ancient Egypt, when it was decided that a dead Pharoah was actually a really bad sort,
every depiction of him on temple walls was damaged- they chopped off his face with chisels, and erased the cartouches
(a cartouche is an oval design containing the Pharoah's full name in hieroglyphs)
Lately, we saw Princes Park remove John "Pig's A**" Elliot's name from a grandstand after the brown paper bag salary payments scandal

Anyways...you can see that just like Molly Meldrum, I am crazy about Ancient Egypt
Not saying Spargs was a bad boy, just asking why they think a psych isn't needed, but they have a Chaplain? Sean Heldsinger
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 05 Aug 2017 4:11am, edited 7 times in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Club Psychologist- missing?

If you track him down i could do with a session.
Years of trauma and issues to unpack .

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:If you track him down i could do with a session.
Only one session?????

Reckon it may take a few more!!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Last I saw of him he was sitting between the goal and point post at the neighboring oval.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
supersaints
Club Player

Last seen in a fetal (foetal) possistion in the corner ... after watching goal kicking

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Last seen in a fetal (foetal) possistion in the corner ... after watching goal kicking
Medicinal compound! That's the go! Works a treat!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I think the need for a goal kicking coach outweighs the need for a Pyschologist.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:I think the need for a goal kicking coach outweighs the need for a Pyschologist.
and the need for a spellchecker for LL outweighs the need for a goal kicking coach :mrgreen:

*psychologist

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:I think the need for a goal kicking coach outweighs the need for a Pyschologist.
and the need for a spellchecker for LL outweighs the need for a goal kicking coach :mrgreen:

*psychologist
woohoo is that you spelly? :shock:

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
loris
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist
BfUSA. I wish Spelly would return to pick up those who don't know when to use he's and, when to use his. It's becoming a plague on this site recently amongst numerous posters, even those who usually are grammatically correct with their postings

Methinks they don't actually know there is a difference and continue to incorrectly use 'his'. Dumbclucks all!

I'll need a therapy session as it's beginning to do my head in. Where is our resident psych WW when I need him? I'll need a headband soon to contain the rage consuming me at this mangling of the English language. :cry: :cry: :cry:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist
BfUSA. I wish Spelly would return to pick up those who don't know when to use he's and, when to use his. It's becoming a plague on this site recently amongst numerous posters, even those who usually are grammatically correct with their postings

Methinks they don't actually know there is a difference and continue to incorrectly use 'his'. Dumbclucks all!

I'll need a therapy session as it's beginning to do my head in. Where is our resident psych WW when I need him? I'll need a headband soon to contain the rage consuming me at this mangling of the English language. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Loris,summed it up very sucksinctatlee! The shoe's on the other boot now! Better sure than safe!.......... Medicinal compound anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

loris wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist

They should've considered the needs of legendary posters like you, loris, before they banished the WW. He had a genuine use here. His ghost will lurk for eternity.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

loris wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist

They should've considered the needs of legendary posters like you, loris, before they banished the WW. He had a genuine use here. His ghost will lurk for eternity.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist

WW isn't banished nor exiled. His mortal name is not permitted on here, however his soul and essence are allowed
to manifest under another name, and he can post to his heart's content.
He may have already created a new nom de plume, and we will be able to identify him by his unique posting style.
I have been looking for the signs, but have seen nothing yet.
Like the Aztec king Pachacouti, waiting for the second coming of the white divinity Queztalcoatl...
He shall appear on the horizon encircled by a coat of burnished brass, riding atop a magnificent horse.
(Those poor Aztecs saw the Spaniards arrive in sailing ships, and mistook the white sails for something otherwordly,
and the polished armour appeared to be of divine origin as well...)

anyway, WW is needed back here asap, as his insight and commentary, as well as common sense and logic, were some of the compelling reasons
for visiting this site.
we wait with baited breath

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

The spirit of the WW lives through the posts of WS. Quality, insight, proper grammar and humour. Nothing ever does, it is only transformed, as our ancient Hindu and Buddhist friends tell us. So do the modern physicists.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:The spirit of the WW lives through the posts of WS. Quality, insight, proper grammar and humour. Nothing ever does, it is only transformed, as our ancient Hindu and Buddhist friends tell us. So do the modern physicists.
:mrgreen: :lol:

is it the law of conservation of energy or something? Energy isn't lost, it's simply converted into another form of energy.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Only one session?????

Good news, Con and Stonecold - Mark can offer you 10 sessions per year with a Medicare rebate. So it shouldn't work out to be too difficult on the old purse strings :D

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

[i]L[/i]oris wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

*psychologist

Correct! Only proper nouns should be capitalised... right, Loris...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Only one session?????

Good news, Con and Stonecold - Mark can offer you 10 sessions per year with a Medicare rebate. So it shouldn't work out to be too difficult on the old purse strings :D
10 sessions a year, in a year of 23 rounds (with one bye)
means you fully expect us to win not more than 12 games
(23 minus one =22 minus 10 = 12)

I am positive (that word again!) that a psychologist will invent a name for the syndrome suffered by Sainters, and to which Sainter are predisposed.
Quite apart from he usual masochism and such like.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Only one session?????

10 sessions a year, in a year of 23 rounds (with one bye)
means you fully expect us to win not more than 12 games
(23 minus one =22 minus 10 = 12)

I am positive (that word again!) that a psychologist will invent a name for the syndrome suffered by Sainters, and to which Sainter are predisposed.
Quite apart from he usual masochism and such like.
Well, it used to be 18 per year when Gillard was PM. I'd know, because I need to see one from 35-odd years of following the Saints. Would be nice if the current government were more sympathetic towards us long suffering Saints :evil:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!