Saints look to lock in Paddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints look to lock in Paddy

supersaints wrote:
Scollop wrote:
David-Lee wrote:Ummmm no. Paddy wouldn't be playing every game in place of Roo because physically he CAN'T. That is the point. 3 concussions this season alone and now he is likely to not return until 2018. So, no. He literally can't replace Roo because he is not capable physically. Fact. Dispute it.
Fact is IF Roo had retired at the end of last year it would have been better for the team. What I'm saying is that IF the coaches had backed the kid in from the start of the year Paddy wouldn't be under as much pressure. Without Roo on the playing list Paddy plays AFL in the first round this year instead of VFL!! Perhaps he wouldn't have beeen so desperate and try so hard every time he get's an opportunity.
Are you Donald Trump???

I thought that for something to be factual in this sense .. it actually had to happen! Ii didn't happen So how can you claim it as a fact? ... Alternate truth maybe?

Opinions are fine by the way.
So if the coach said to Roo at the start of the year that Paddy plays round 1, and Roo sits out, everything this season would have worked out the same for Paddy would it?

DL says Paddy was physically incapable, but that's a hindsight call. My call on the team being better off without Roo this year is also a hindsight call, after the fact, and after seeing the output from the former champ. Every champ has to hang 'em up at some stage and I am saying if you look with both eyes, Rooey definitely went on a year too many. Who benefited from that?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Think it's line ball if he went on one year too many. He can still hold his place in the team but retiring at the perfect time I think.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Numpty

supersaints wrote:
Scollop wrote:
David-Lee wrote:Ummmm no. Paddy wouldn't be playing every game in place of Roo because physically he CAN'T. That is the point. 3 concussions this season alone and now he is likely to not return until 2018. So, no. He literally can't replace Roo because he is not capable physically. Fact. Dispute it.
Fact is IF Roo had retired at the end of last year it would have been better for the team. What I'm saying is that IF the coaches had backed the kid in from the start of the year Paddy wouldn't be under as much pressure. Without Roo on the playing list Paddy plays AFL in the first round this year instead of VFL!! Perhaps he wouldn't have beeen so desperate and try so hard every time he get's an opportunity.
Are you Donald Trump???

I thought that for something to be factual in this sense .. it actually had to happen! Ii didn't happen So how can you claim it as a fact? ... Alternate truth maybe?

Opinions are fine by the way.
No he is not! But my wife is, believe me. #makingalternatetruthgrateagain.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Right now Paddy's value is down and his prospects look grim. Lock him in for 3. Smart move. Nothing to lose and everything to win. No brainer.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Right now Paddy's value is down and his prospects look grim. Lock him in for 3. Smart move. Nothing to lose and everything to win. No brainer.
Plus one! Colleague! Plus one!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote:Right now Paddy's value is down and his prospects look grim. Lock him in for 3. Smart move. Nothing to lose and everything to win. No brainer.
This!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯