stfu

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

silverhalo
Club Player

Re: stfu

spert wrote:My advice to Paddy is to give it away. I say that from personal experience with concussions. Unless the club has some magical cure, then they are kidding themselves.
I think Paddy needs to give it away and the club should be persuading him to do so. It would be an absolute disaster for the club to lose a No.1 pick in those circumstances but we need to protect the kid....he can't keep going on like this.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

loris wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Pity the Pelican didn't use his incredible insight and knowledge when it counted. 20/20 hindsight at its best. And people still rate this guy. Notice how clubs have been falling over each other to hire him since he left the saints? More of a goose than a pelican.
Now that reads too much like a WW comment on The Pelican :? :?
There are plenty on this forum and in the AFL industry who share WW's scepticism about the Pelican's abilities.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Legendary
Club Player

The following players have retired in the last 5 years due to repeated concussions:

Sean Dempster (Sydney/St Kilda)
Sam Shaw (Adelaide)
Justin Clarke (Brisbane)
Sam Blease (Melbourne/Geelong)
Leigh Adams (North Melbourne)
Heritier Lumumba (Collingwood/Melbourne)
Matt Maguire (St Kilda/Brisbane)
Scott Stevens (Sydney/Adelaide)

supersaints
Club Player

Didn't someone mention on this forum that diabetes symptoms are very simular to concussion symptoms ( I maybe I read it somewhere else ?) Wondering if it's possible it's to hard to tell wether it's one or the other or a combination of both?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If there's a 17 year old kid running around getting a kick anywhere in Australia and he also happens to have diabetes, St Kilda needs to consider recruiting him...we could...maybe...negotiate with the AFL and the Sports, Health and Recreation minister for a multi million dollar grant to conduct trials on professional AFL players with diabetes while we still also have Paddy on our list...Or... we could use said money on getting better recruiting staff

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:If there's a 17 year old kid running around getting a kick anywhere in Australia and he also happens to have diabetes, St Kilda needs to consider recruiting him...we could...maybe...negotiate with the AFL and the Sports, Health and Recreation minister for a multi million dollar grant to conduct trials on professional AFL players with diabetes while we still also have Paddy on our list...Or... we could use said money on getting better recruiting staff

I guess with the benefit of hindsight, our recruiters would make different choices. I remember Paddys impact in the game at the MCG against Collingwood, and thought to myself at the time; " what a great pick up " history, of course, has shown my assessment at THAT time to be somewhat flawed. However, I still happen to believe that we'll see Paddy as a regular in our senior side.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

supersaints wrote:Didn't someone mention on this forum that diabetes symptoms are very simular to concussion symptoms ( I maybe I read it somewhere else ?) Wondering if it's possible it's to hard to tell wether it's one or the other or a combination of both?
They can mimick both hyper blood glucose (too much) or hypo blood glucose ( too low), a real problem for a type 1. Dizziness, sweating, disorientation and in extreme cases, loss of consciousness. The bigger concern for type 1s is the fact that concussion has a greater effect on them and recovery takes longer. It's to do with sugar metabolism and the fact that glucose allows for greater protection of the neurons in the brain and aids in repair. As type 1s are resistant to metabolisation of sugar into the cells, they suffer to a greater extent. Paddy is fighting nature. Let's hope he wins.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Legendary wrote:The following players have retired in the last 5 years due to repeated concussions:

Sean Dempster (Sydney/St Kilda)
Sam Shaw (Adelaide)
Justin Clarke (Brisbane)
Sam Blease (Melbourne/Geelong)
Leigh Adams (North Melbourne)
Heritier Lumumba (Collingwood/Melbourne)
Matt Maguire (St Kilda/Brisbane)
Scott Stevens (Sydney/Adelaide)
Wow shows how much i know. That's quite incredible.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.