stfu

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stfu

the pelican is talking s*** again

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news ... zb7bc5eta7

Mick Stirling

Published on Aug. 1, 2017

A dim light has been cast over the future of St Kilda’s Paddy McCartin by the man who was instrumental in getting him to the Saints.

Former St Kilda list manager Chris Pelchen doubts McCartin will remain at the club and that physical concerns will greatly restrict the number-one draft pick’s career output.

“I’ve got some question marks over Paddy from a resilience point of view, outside of his concussions,” Pelchen told Fox Footy.

“We all know he’s had some challenges with his diabetes, but just how his body is going to hold up long term, it’s not looking great.”

There has been speculation about the Saints looking to move McCartin at the end of this season, but Pelchen agrees with The Rover that a trade is unlikely,

“I think they’ll continue with him next year,” Pelchen said.

“But beyond that, in three or four years, I’d say no.”

Whether MCCartin will have any value in the marketplace by that time is far from guaranteed.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: stfu

Instead of hearing him read tea leaves, I'd like the hear the Pelican come clean and say he messed up in acquiring Paddy and making other list management blunders. An apology to the club and supporters might also be in order.

Otherwise, like you said, Saynta; he can simply pull his head and (enormous bill) in and STFU.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Unless Mr Pelchen is still closely involved in the day-to-day running of the St Kilda Footy Club, I'd suggest he's talking from his anal orifice about Paddy's situation/ future

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Pelican probably has dementia and can't answer any juicy questions.

Mind you, the dumbarse media aren't likely to bother asking him them.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Isn't the Pelican soaring majestically over the AFL industry with his new business venture called.........what is it again? Controversial comments in the media is the last desperate attempt to remain relevant.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Isn't the Pelican soaring majestically over the AFL industry with his new business venture called.........what is it again? Controversial comments in the media is the last desperate attempt to remain relevant.
HAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: pure gold! :lol: :lol: HAHAHhA!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: A dim light has been cast over the future of St Kilda’s Paddy McCartin by the man who was instrumental in getting him to the Saints.

I thought that Pelchen left in October which was before the 2014 Draft in November?

Anyway as much as we may not like it the Club has clearly under-estimated exactly the difficulty in managing Paddy's particular type of diabetes. Hence his fitness has been a lot slower than hoped. Hopefully it will come good eventually. But "hopefully"is not really a term you want associated with a No 1 pick.

Then there is the concussion problem which no one could reasonably predict, but which is a big problem none the less.

We all hope that Paddy will come good as he does have talent, but there are now two not insignificant hurdles to overcome.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St Fulda?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Three or four years? I'd say one or two at most. In 4 years time, he will have been on our list for 7 years and will be 25. No team can wait that long for a player to "come good". I appreciate that big players can take time, although how much time depends on the club. We watched Ben McEvoy run around for us for 6 years, but it was only on the day he ran out for Hawthorn that we realised that he had been totally unfit every day he played for us. It took the fitness people at Hawthorn 2 months to change him. Perhaps we could "lease" Paddy for the summer period to the Hawks. Of course, they do have about $20 million more than us to spend on coaches, trainers and facilities, but you don't need to be an expert to know that Paddy is way overweight. Here is a secret plan for him - exercise more and eat less. Or, now that Nick is retiring, employ him as the personal trainer for the big forwards - and run them into the ground - and then make them do it again.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Pelican is behaving just like me
when my ex found a new bloke.

Some of my mates showed me some pics of her on Facebook
and we all laughed
because she looked different from when I was with her
(she stopped going to the gym and resumed junk food)

It's human nature.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Pelican is behaving just like me
when my ex found a new bloke.

Some of my mates showed me some pics of her on Facebook
and we all laughed
because she looked different from when I was with her
(she stopped going to the gym and resumed junk food)

It's human nature.
:mrgreen: ?

In red white and black from 73
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The man has a point.....

We all wish it wasn't true, but Paddy really needs to get on the park in 2018. Whether he is dominating in the VFL, or contributing in the seniors, he needs to play every week.

If he can't do that, because of concussion or anything else, then his ability to have the AFL career he and us would of hoped for dimishes.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Forget your emotions just for a minute.
Paddy's concussions are more frequent than any St Kilda player EVER including Kosi.
His concussions last longer than any St Kilda player EVER including Kosi .
I wish it wasn't true but that all points to one thing, for Paddy's own health sake he needs to stop playing AFL.
If I were St Kilda's or the AFL's insurer, I would exclude Paddy from any insurance policy.
That's just hard business no room for emotions.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Forget your emotions just for a minute.
Paddy's concussions are more frequent than any St Kilda player EVER including Kosi.
His concussions last longer than any St Kilda player EVER including Kosi .
I wish it wasn't true but that all points to one thing, for Paddy's own health sake he needs to stop playing AFL.
If I were St Kilda's or the AFL's insurer, I would exclude Paddy from any insurance policy.
That's just hard business no room for emotions.
That's a fair point, Sir.

On side note, however, would there be any chance you could possibly transform yourself into the Ace of Spades? I find Spades more auspicious than Diamonds.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:

Three or four years? I'd say one or two at most. In 4 years time, he will have been on our list for 7 years and will be 25. No team can wait that long for a player to "come good". I appreciate that big players can take time, although how much time depends on the club. We watched Ben McEvoy run around for us for 6 years, but it was only on the day he ran out for Hawthorn that we realised that he had been totally unfit every day he played for us. It took the fitness people at Hawthorn 2 months to change him. Perhaps we could "lease" Paddy for the summer period to the Hawks. Of course, they do have about $20 million more than us to spend on coaches, trainers and facilities, but you don't need to be an expert to know that Paddy is way overweight. Here is a secret plan for him - exercise more and eat less. Or, now that Nick is retiring, employ him as the personal trainer for the big forwards - and run them into the ground - and then make them do it again.
With all due respect, simply running a type 1 diabetic to a standstill may do more harm than good. He needs very careful management and each case is different. I'm sure the club's as frustrated as anyone about this. His endocrinologist will have a huge say in how he is managed. Let's hope they find the answer soon. It's been tragic for player and club alike. If he has another year like this one, I doubt anyone else would take on the risk.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Isn't the Pelican soaring majestically over the AFL industry with his new business venture called.........what is it again? Controversial comments in the media is the last desperate attempt to remain relevant.
I have to say this - I got on the piss with Greg Packham at a past players/officials night at Trevor Barker Oval and he is an absolute legend.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:
I have to say this - I got on the piss with Greg Packham at a past players/officials night at Trevor Barker Oval and he is an absolute legend.
A
Indeed, samuri saint. A big kid at heart. Funny and engaging. Still teaching kids performing arts. Talk about getting paid to do what you love!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Pelchen push Ross Lyon over the edge and recruit Tom Lee. Credibility?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and the saints response to suggestion
IN A show of faith in the young key forward, St Kilda is looking at securing No.1 draft pick Paddy McCartin with a contract extension.

McCartin is contracted for 2018, but the Saints want to extend his contract in the coming weeks and will likely offer the 2014 no 1 draft pick a two-year extension that would commit him to the Saints until the end of 2020.

Club sources said a two-year offer appeared likely, but was not set in stone. But the Saints want to extend the contract and hope to step up talks with McCartin’s management soon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/show-o ... 65eeb3b432

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
spert
Saintsational Legend

My advice to Paddy is to give it away. I say that from personal experience with concussions. Unless the club has some magical cure, then they are kidding themselves.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Sad situation. I dont recall many players careers ending from concussion?
I suppse it is good giving him 2 more years, will give him some time to think life.

We cant be so heartless to dump him so quickly.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

People can bag the pelican but They are delusional if they think he is wrong . We all want Paddy to come good but it's gone too far now. The next 60 years of his life are more important than kicking a footy tomorrow.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Pity the Pelican didn't use his incredible insight and knowledge when it counted. 20/20 hindsight at its best. And people still rate this guy. Notice how clubs have been falling over each other to hire him since he left the saints? More of a goose than a pelican.

loris
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:Pity the Pelican didn't use his incredible insight and knowledge when it counted. 20/20 hindsight at its best. And people still rate this guy. Notice how clubs have been falling over each other to hire him since he left the saints? More of a goose than a pelican.
Now that reads too much like a WW comment on The Pelican :? :?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:... I dont recall many players careers ending from concussion?

Sean Dempster?