Josh Kelly house hunting in Melb?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Turbo
Club Player

Josh Kelly house hunting in Melb?

Some time soon.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Kelly house hunting in Melb?

Don't think we'll get him

In red white and black from 73
Turbo
Club Player

Tend to agree but we live in hope

Some time soon.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Not sure how anyone could be certain on whether we will or won't get him.

Only time will tell!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stkfc1
Club Player

So latest reports are Nth Melb have dropped out of race. They've got their sights on Dusty. Its now just between us and Carlton. Now the rumour is the house is in Elwood which would be a strong indication it is us as you would think he's buying a house close to work. I would think we'd be a better prospect than Carlton anyways. Yes they've been ok this year but its been on the back of their old warriors and the gap between their old and young players is massive compared to ours. Murphy and Gibbs are not going to be around forever and Cripps is an accumulator but not much else and seems to have stagnated. Kelly would be their number one 1 mid almost straight away and therefore tagged every week. With us it would be between him and Steven (who is battling this year with lung injury so dont be too harsh on his performance) and add Ross,who is also an accumulator at this stage but will become more damaging next year as this is the natural progression of quality midfielders. You cant tag all 3. We would have to be the more attractive proposition at thos stage.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We are doomed without a gun or two FA. End of story.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
wolfpup
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote:So latest reports are Nth Melb have dropped out of race. They've got their sights on Dusty. Its now just between us and Carlton. Now the rumour is the house is in Elwood which would be a strong indication it is us as you would think he's buying a house close to work. I would think we'd be a better prospect than Carlton anyways. Yes they've been ok this year but its been on the back of their old warriors and the gap between their old and young players is massive compared to ours. Murphy and Gibbs are not going to be around forever and Cripps is an accumulator but not much else and seems to have stagnated. Kelly would be their number one 1 mid almost straight away and therefore tagged every week. With us it would be between him and Steven (who is battling this year with lung injury so dont be too harsh on his performance) and add Ross,who is also an accumulator at this stage but will become more damaging next year as this is the natural progression of quality midfielders. You cant tag all 3. We would have to be the more attractive proposition at thos stage.
The property in question is in Elwood and it settled recently,

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

wolfpup wrote:
stkfc1 wrote:So latest reports are Nth Melb have dropped out of race. They've got their sights on Dusty. Its now just between us and Carlton. Now the rumour is the house is in Elwood which would be a strong indication it is us as you would think he's buying a house close to work. I would think we'd be a better prospect than Carlton anyways. Yes they've been ok this year but its been on the back of their old warriors and the gap between their old and young players is massive compared to ours. Murphy and Gibbs are not going to be around forever and Cripps is an accumulator but not much else and seems to have stagnated. Kelly would be their number one 1 mid almost straight away and therefore tagged every week. With us it would be between him and Steven (who is battling this year with lung injury so dont be too harsh on his performance) and add Ross,who is also an accumulator at this stage but will become more damaging next year as this is the natural progression of quality midfielders. You cant tag all 3. We would have to be the more attractive proposition at thos stage.
The property in question is in Elwood and it settled recently,
Sainter_Dad on 12th May 2017 wrote:Rumour has Kelly was house hunting in Elwood on the weekend - spotted at an open for inspection.
This was the news that about 2-3 months ago - so the timing would be right for settlement.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
stonecold
SS Life Member

He already purchased it months ago, as reported on here previously!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SAAD
Club Player

Didn't he buy it after we knocked off the Giants???

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We are doomed without a gun or two FA. End of story.
You're WAY too positive SP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*mods warn this poster! :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

SAAD wrote:Didn't he buy it after we knocked off the Giants???
Indeed he did, some just a little slow to catch up!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
longtimesaint
Club Player

Watching the GWS v Melbourne match and Kelly is a star and just kicked his third.
We need to do everything possible to get him as he is exactly what we need.

One year will be our year
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:Watching the GWS v Melbourne match and Kelly is a star and just kicked his third.
RIGHTO! I'm on the case! 2kilos of Medicinal Compound now being despatched to Mr Kelly!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:Watching the GWS v Melbourne match and Kelly is a star and just kicked his third.
RIGHTO! I'm on the case! 2kilos of Medicinal Compound now being despatched to Mr Kelly!
Mike McGear likes this!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Mike McGear likes this!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Mike McGear likes this!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So does Lily The Pink!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Agree with this. I just think this is the one we sell the farm for.
Big bucks and 2 1st rounders...he is totally elite

Nee!
The Recruit
Club Player

Kelly will be a saint next year

He is a star

Worthy our first two rounders

6 years for 1.2mil a year

Never underestimate the allure of playing with your best mate.

Darth Vader
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:Kelly will be a saint next year

He is a star

Who dat?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Darth Vader wrote:
The Recruit wrote:Kelly will be a saint next year

He is a star

Who dat?
Jack Steele -best mate? They wuz housemates in Sydney when Steelo was a Giant.
Mates? Yeah. Besties? Who knows.
Will Kelly develop that Saintly affliction called Goalphobia,
where a player is terrified of kicking towards a target?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
David-Lee
Club Player

Surely not 2 first rounders....can't we offer a few players and a 2nd rounder? I think Kelly is a very good player but he has yet to prove it consistently. He is young and has improved since last season...why is he the messiah??

Is it being 17th in disposals, 22nd in contested possessions or maybe the fact he is 123rd in disposal effeciency that gets ya revving? He is quite a runner being 34th in metres gained, let's not forget his goal kicking being 79th in the league that really peaks my interest, but his talent in clearances has him 30th in the league - centre clearances he's 30th, stoppages he's 35th, what saves his rep is being 10th in tackling.

He has an upside it will be his 5th season in 2018. He is improving each year ( not hugely comparing 2016 to 2017) and he might be decent. But Seb Ross scores higher in many of these categories yet no million plus contract. As a matter of fact Josh Kelly is rated out of the top 50 and rated somewhere inbetween 75-100 in the best players in the AFL.

How can we be giving 2 first round picks and 1 million plus for this guy? Please don't tell me it's because he COULD be amazing because his record says he is not. He is not bad he is quite good. But not the answer.

Save our fecking cash. Draft to the very best of our ability and put the money into youth development instead of churning through amazing young talent. We just resigned Paddy. Dump a shag load of cash on the best of the best of the best to get this luckless lad his gazelle boots.
How about hiring the best ( won't type the best of the best of the best again but you know I want to) goal kicking coaches...Dunstall, Lockett, Llyod, Matthews....get some assistant coaches (fire the lot we have now) and hire some new guys turn the midfield into ball hungry honeybadgers, gorilla the defense so they make mince of big fowards and eat small forwards ( with seasoning....lets not be barbarians) in the commercial breaks....for Gods sake we are the MIGHTY SAINTS surely we can tape our package to one side and run like the wind....
Last edited by David-Lee on Sun 06 Aug 2017 12:04am, edited 3 times in total.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Surely not 2 first rounders....cant we offer a few players and a 1st rounder? I think Kelly is a very good player but he has yet to prove it consistently. He is young and has improved since last season...why is he the messiah??

Is it being 17th in disposals, 22nd in contested possessions or maybe the fact he is 123rd in disposal effeciency that gets ya revving? He is quite a runner being 34th in metres gained, lets not forget hes 31st in player ratings its his goal kicking being 79th in the league that really peaks my interest, but his talent in clearamves has him 30th in the league - centre clearances he's 30th, stoppages he's 35th, what saves his rep is being 10th in tackling.

He has an upside it will be his 5th season in 2018. He is improving each year ( not hugely comparing to 2016 to 2017) and he might be decent. But Seb Ross scores higher in many of these categories yet no million plus contract. As a matter of fact Josh Kelly is rated out of the top 50 somewhere inbetween 51-100 players in the AFL.

How can we be giving 2 first round picks and 1 million plus for this guy? Please don't tell me it's because he COULD be amazing because his record says he is not. He is not bad he is quite good. But not the answer.

Save our fecking cash. Draft to the very best of our ability and put the money into youth develipment instead of churning through amazing young talent.
Mmmm, facts.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

He wants to me the next marc murphy. Heading to Carlton .

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

David-Lee wrote:Surely not 2 first rounders....can't we offer a few players and a 2nd rounder? I think Kelly is a very good player but he has yet to prove it consistently. He is young and has improved since last season...why is he the messiah??

Is it being 17th in disposals, 22nd in contested possessions or maybe the fact he is 123rd in disposal effeciency that gets ya revving? He is quite a runner being 34th in metres gained, let's not forget his goal kicking being 79th in the league that really peaks my interest, but his talent in clearances has him 30th in the league - centre clearances he's 30th, stoppages he's 35th, what saves his rep is being 10th in tackling.

He has an upside it will be his 5th season in 2018. He is improving each year ( not hugely comparing 2016 to 2017) and he might be decent. But Seb Ross scores higher in many of these categories yet no million plus contract. As a matter of fact Josh Kelly is rated out of the top 50 and rated somewhere inbetween 75-100 in the best players in the AFL.

Save our fecking cash. Draft to the very best of our ability and put the money into youth development instead of churning through amazing young talent. We just resigned Paddy. Dump a shag load of cash on the best of the best of the best to get this luckless lad his gazelle boots.
How about hiring the best ( won't type the best of the best of the best again but you know I want to) goal kicking coaches...Dunstall, Lockett, Llyod, Matthews....get some assistant coaches (fire the lot we have now) and hire some new guys turn the midfield into ball hungry honeybadgers, gorilla the defense so they make mince of big fowards and eat small forwards ( with seasoning....lets not be barbarians) in the commercial breaks....for Gods sake we are the MIGHTY SAINTS surely we can tape our package to one side and run like the wind....
Crap post of the year ....have you watched him play ....better than Judd....no doubt