Billy Cost Us The Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Billy Cost Us The Game

stonecold wrote:Well you know what, Billy Bashers, watch todays last qtr three times over and if you have any clue about genuine Ruckwork (which based on previous posting,.you don't), look for the armchair ride provides to the mids!!!!!
This thread has not been about Billy bashing. Over and out!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stonecold
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stonecold wrote:Well you know what, Billy Bashers, watch todays last qtr three times over and if you have any clue about genuine Ruckwork (which based on previous posting,.you don't), look for the armchair ride provides to the mids!!!!!
This thread has not been about Billy bashing. Over and out!
As I said, watch the last qtr, 3.times over and while your at it, ask any of our mids what they think of Billy!!!!!

Do yourself a favour and get on board,.Puffing Billy!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Why is all this crap being espoused this week?

My post was about the last minute of last week's game, not about Billy per se.

Billy cost us the game last week. End of story!
I think the confusion comes because many ppl were miffed by the op

Just curiously... are you going to start a thread about how Jack Billings won us the game this week? He did after all kick the sealer
I don't as a rule start many threads. This one stuck out like dogs balls last week!
I agree. It looked really bad upon multiple viewings. I also think the team was most ill-prepared for that situation. It still strikes me as a farce that we blew a 10 point lead with less than two minutes to go and in a game so low scoring. Good teams never blow those leads. End of story!

Errrrrr tell that to Richmond ( V Freo :lol: :lol: ) ( at GWS :lol: :lol: )
Absolutely! They could be second or even first on the ladder if they hadn't have dropped those games. Hardwick has made significant improvements with his team in making changes to their game plan. However, they may be still ill-prepared at maintaining slender leads in the precious last moments of a game.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Billy was very good today! Kicked when he should, attacked the pack, hand balled etc. No problems. Very good last quarter.
I said to the chaps as the sides were setting up for the start of the last stanza, 'Billy will get get us over the line here, remember GWS'....and it wasn't a question.

Even last week, after Ryder had bested (not thrashed) Billy for 3 quarters, Billy's last was almost epic.......as for he 'cost us the game', arrant rubbish.

I tried to win the auction of Billy's jumper in the Victory Room this arvo, and Beva (who I've known well for over 20 years) almost butchered a friendship....the bid's at $210'ish, I'm the one he pushed it to 2 hungy, and suggested 'Get Billy to sign it and the bid's $300', and Beva dismissed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, touch of the Stonecold's). I even marched forward, said 'serious', an 'official' approached, I repeated the offer, said 'get Billy to sign it, and if there's a bidding duel I'll go to 5 minimum, and if I'm keen maybe double that, he relayed it to Beva, and he dismissed it again - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

As I said walking into the ground, from the carpark underneath, when the 'girls with the scanners' came for me, with the grins borne of our previous encounters, 'be careful you don't bang that scanner into any body parts, because the law suit is ON'. I then quoted the words of Belgian catholic priest who went to Syria 5 years ago, and said recently 'Thank God for the Russians, because they tell you what they're going to do, and do what they say', and suggested to my ever frequent body scanner, 'be careful, legally armed I can break you and the Stadium, off just 1 slip up'. Laughter all round, including her peroxided offsider who said, 'And, thank God the Russians are in Syria'.

See, good sense ain't hard to find, even at Etihad Stadium (see the irony?).

Billy's becoming a giant of the rucking game, and people who can't acknowledge that need to stick to suburban football.

P.S. I should clarify - they offered Billy's jumper for auction with Jack Steven's and Geary's signature's, but not Billy's. That's not just dumb, it's bad business.
Last edited by The OtherThommo on Mon 07 Aug 2017 12:27am, edited 1 time in total.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
mbogo wrote:Billy was very good today! Kicked when he should, attacked the pack, hand balled etc. No problems. Very good last quarter.
I said to the chaps as the sides were setting up for the start of the last stanza, 'Billy will get get us over the line here, remember GWS'....and it wasn't a question.

Even last week, after Ryder had bested (not thrashed) Billy for 3 quarters, Billy's last was almost epic.......as for he 'cost us the game', arrant rubbish.

I tried to win the auction of Billy's jumper in the Victory Room this arvo, and Beva (who I've known well for over 20 years) almost butchered a friendship....the bid's at $210'ish, I'm the one he pushed it to 2 hungy, and suggested 'Get Billy to sign it and the bid's $300', and Beva dismissed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, touch of the Stonecold's). I even marched forward, said 'serious', an 'official' approached, I repeated the offer, said 'get Billy to sign it, and if there's a bidding duel I'll go to 5 minimum, and if I'm keen maybe double that, he relayed it to Beva, and he dismissed it again - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

As I said walking into the ground, from the carpark underneath, when the 'girls with the scanners' came for me, with the grins borne of our previous encounters, 'be careful you don't bang that scanner into any body parts, because the law suit is ON'. I then quoted the words of Belgian catholic priest who went to Syria 5 years ago, and said recently 'Thank God for the Russians, because they tell you what they're going to do, and do what they say', and suggested to my ever frequent body scanner, 'be careful, legally armed I can break you and the Stadium, off just 1 slip up'. Laughter all round, including her peroxided offsider who said, 'And, thank God the Russians are in Syria'.

Billy's becoming a giant of the rucking game, and people who can't acknowledge that need to stick to suburban football.
Agree! Billy is getting better, AND betterer!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

And, you were in the Victory Room, Jiggster, I saw ya (although, I dunno how long you hung around).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

OT that "X" was billy's signature, not a kiss symbol from the Captain. Bevo should have mentioned it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stonecold wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:As previously stated, two words for the Billy Haters, F*** You!!!!!

Billy gave our mids an Armchair ride all day, but particularly the last qtr!!!!!
A player has no control over opposition team selection
But remind me who he played against this week?

You may catch up, maybe one day?????

You and others on here, should get down to your local Bakery and suck up some Humble Pie!!!!!
You are of course correct - I know zip
so help me out here

I know who he played against in the Port game
but who did he play against in the Weagles game?

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

Yeah, a 300 game player, also beat Mumford etc etc, the list goes on, just remember Billy is still in he's early 20's and only played 60 odd games!!!!!

Our mid's and our Coaching staff love having Billy in the team, good enough for them, good enough for armchair experts on here!!!!!

Check Mate, proof is in the Pudding, so, when the likes of yourself get down to your local Bakery, you at least now have a choice, Pudding or Humble Pie!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

and which position did this discarded backup 300 game 34yr old play most of his career?

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:Yeah, a 300 game player, also beat Mumford etc etc, the list goes on, just remember Billy is still in he's early 20's and only played 60 odd games!!!!!

Our mid's and our Coaching staff love having Billy in the team, good enough for them, good enough for armchair experts on here!!!!!

Check Mate, proof is in the Pudding, so, when the likes of yourself get down to your local Bakery, you at least now have a choice, Pudding or Humble Pie!!!!!

Read the whole post, it's not an Argument, it's how it is!!!!!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

And, you were in the Victory Room, Jiggster, I saw ya (although, I dunno how long you hung around).
Just till they put the towels on, mate! You should have chirped out pal! ALWAYS love a natter with fellow Sainters!
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 07 Aug 2017 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Who was the poster that suggested Petrie a certainty for Coaches Votes?????

Man Up, whoever you were!!!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

Did Petrie play?

Crossy66
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:and which position did this discarded backup 300 game 34yr old play most of his career?
Quote from your article:
The 34-year-old (Petrie) earnt AFL Coaches’ Association player of the year votes for his performance against Stefan Martin in West Coast’s home win over Brisbane in round 19.((LAST WEEK)
But he was well beaten in the aerial battle by Longer.
The Saints ruckman had 51 hit-outs to Petrie’s 15, including a 20-5 advantage at centre bounces, and played a pivotal role in the home side’s domination at the stoppages in the final quarter of their 15.13 (103) to 14.11 (95) victory.

Stefan Martin aint no chump!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Crossy66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:and which position did this discarded backup 300 game 34yr old play most of his career?
Quote from your article:
The 34-year-old (Petrie) earnt AFL Coaches’ Association player of the year votes for his performance against Stefan Martin in West Coast’s home win over Brisbane in round 19.((LAST WEEK)
The Saints ruckman had 51 hit-outs to Petrie’s 15, including a 20-5 advantage at centre bounces, and played a pivotal role in the home side’s domination at the stoppages in the final quarter of their 15.13 (103) to 14.11 (95) victory.

Thanks!!!!!

As previously stated, others may catch up one day, or not!!!!!

As I've been saying all season, Billy is our best Ruckmen!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Crossy66 wrote:
Quote from your article:

Thanks!!!!!

As previously stated, others may catch up one day, or not!!!!!

As I've been saying all season, Billy is our best Ruckmen!!!!!
against Martin he was also whacked 50 - 25 and still got votes?

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

Find another WhippinBoy Chief, Billy is making you look Silly!!!!! ;-)

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

and for the record
Grundy 42 vs 15
Sean Darcy (!!!) 32 vs 11
Ryder 39 vs 1 (+ Lycett 18)
Tom Campbell 47 vs 9 (+ Vardy 16)
Gawn vs 8 (+vardy)
against geelong - zip
dont think I would be placing too much weight on a performance against Drew

Seeya
To the top
SS Life Member

Stonedead's St Kilda side:-

Backs Geary, Geary, Geary
Half-backs Geary, Geary, Geary
Centres Geary, Geary Geary
Half forwards Longer Longer Longer
Forwards Longer Longer Longer
Ruck Longer Longer Longer
Interchange Geary, Longer, Geary, Longer

St Kilda

Premiers 1966.

Wooden spoons To many to list

stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote:Stonedead's St Kilda side:-

Backs Geary, Geary, Geary
Half-backs Geary, Geary, Geary
Centres Geary, Geary Geary
Half forwards Longer Longer Longer
Forwards Longer Longer Longer
Ruck Longer Longer Longer
Interchange Geary, Longer, Geary, Longer

St Kilda

Premiers 1966.

Wooden spoons To many to list
Would you like to retract this thread?????

Just suggesting!!!!!

To the top
SS Life Member

No doubt you have backed Longer and Geary for the Brownlow quinella?

They are both at "Write your own ticket" odds to get a vote.

Ordinary players.

Ordinary results.

So, 99 change hands.

The real problem with Longer is that, as yesterday again confirmed, we can not use him as an around the ground option.

He has no presence except for crashing a ruck contest, if he can get to it.

And come the heat of Finals football that will be telling - as a significant negative for St Kilda.

stonecold
SS Life Member

So, that's a No then?????

Have it your way, but don't speak for me!!!!!

Two of our most admired players within our playing group, so, you are also entitled to a Slice of Humble Pie, don't choke on it!!!!!

Or not!!!!!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stonecold wrote:

I was one of the posters who said Petrie would be run into form by our team.
Not picking out Longer at all, just the whole team.
I mentioned how Baroose went to VFL and his opponent, Liam Jones, who was a washed up has been, got 26 touches +12 marks and was BOG
then came back into the Bluescum seniors, rejuvenated.

My point was that our club seems to run other sides into form, usually.

OK, I was wrong this time, but look back at our losses. We let the Swans run all over us, Bombers too, Crows...
it happens a lot, yesterday was an aberration.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee