Thank you SA Sainters!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thank you SA Sainters!

G'day colleagues! Well that was a heartbreaker of a footy result (to say the least) I've had the chance to have a nights sleep, and the pain is still there, although diminishing in its intensity. I always try to gain some positives from EVERY day, and yesterday's "saving grace" for me, was the warmth of the welcome given to us by SA Saints supporters. It was nice to catch up with folk at the pre game function (well done to the organisers!) I managed to spend a very pleasant time in conversation with Noddy04.
It's going to be nice to see family and friends again in Melbourne. But my memories of SA Sainters will abide! Good on every one of you!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
howlinwolf
Club Player

Re: Thank you SA Sainters!

Dave I want to dips me lid to you too Sir !
Your passion that is backed up by loyal support travelling over the countryside is to be commended !
StKilda Football Club and it's members appreciate your undivided support !

I'm hoping very soon I may too have similar free time and the fruits of working life to do likewise. :lol:
P.S remember that beer at half time next week. :)

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: how ya goin Wolfman? :lol: It was really a positive, from an ( ultimately ) dirty day, to meet so many nice folk at the pre game function. Yes mate, that 1/2 time beer with you is HIGH on the agenda! D'you want to perhaps go to the Victory Room for a beer and chat? Or we could quite simply meet up,at the Lockett end, level one, aisle 23 and grab a beer then? Either option will suit the Jiggster!

Yes, mate, it's always an experience seeing the boys play interstate. I've had mixed fortunes, saw them beat West Coast at Subiaco in 2010. Was at Moron Park in '04 (V Port) and THEN in 05 when Harves ripped the crows a nice new one! :lol: Sydney in 2010 ( the last time we won there!) Brisbane at the Gabba in 04 (hmmmmm?) North at Carrara in 08 ( a rather nice win coming from a long way behind too!) Gold Coast last season...... OUCH! It was sad for many reasons, beyond purely footy ones, it was to be the last time I'd see Tim Calder alive :(

You know, colleague, if I was driven to follow this club purely by results and expectations, I'd have given the job away YONKS ago! It's the good friends, the laughs ( sometimes through tears!) meeting SO many different folk from SO many differing backgrounds that gives me SO much joy!

To hell with being obsessed with results, life's short, I say: " grab it by the Henry Halls " and LIVE it!

howlinwolf
Club Player

Going ok for an old fellah thanks.
Dave, we will be in the Victory Room after the game for sure.
I'll look out for you there. It will be great to catch up and have a beer.
You been a staunch supporter of our club.
That goes without saying though as you are a StKFC member. They are of a particular character.

I really related to this paragraph in Greg Baum's recent article on Nick.

"As best as one man could, Riewoldt shaped St Kilda. In turn, he was shaped by the Saints. For a club with so little success to brag about, so few laurels on which to rest, they inspire a staunch and singular loyalty, among players and fans."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/nick-riewo ... xm7ae.html

I've enjoyed following your posts on your travels to the away games. It has me dreamin' of my time, which is coming soon.
I can't wait to have the freedom to do as I like.
See you soon. Go Saints !!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Going ok for an old fellah thanks.
Dave, we will be in the Victory Room after the game for sure.
I'll look out for you there. It will be great to catch up and have a beer.
You been a staunch supporter of our club.
That goes without saying though as you are a StKFC member. They are of a particular character.

I really related to this paragraph in Greg Baum's recent article on Nick.

"As best as one man could, Riewoldt shaped St Kilda. In turn, he was shaped by the Saints. For a club with so little success to brag about, so few laurels on which to rest, they inspire a staunch and singular loyalty, among players and fans."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/nick-riewo ... xm7ae.html

I've enjoyed following your posts on your travels to the away games. It has me dreamin' of my time, which is coming soon.
I can't wait to have the freedom to do as I like.
See you soon. Go Saints !!!
Victree Room! Post-Game! Take it to the BANK! (oh, I'll be the guy wearing Saints colours! :lol: )

howlinwolf
Club Player

I'll find you Dave. You sorta stand out ;-)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I'll find you Dave. You sorta stand out ;-)
:lol: :lol: