THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM THE PAST...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM THE PAST...

ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT.

Jesus H. Christ, haven't these idiots learnt anything yet from the 2009 grand final?!?!

If you waste umpteen chances inside 50m and miss bread and butter shots for goa during the course of a matchl, you simply can't expect to win a bloody game of footy.

When is this darn club going to start rectifying these blunders? Fundamental stuff goes to the wayside and breaks our bloody hearts everytime.

FAIR DINKUM...IT'S ALMOST 3AM, I'M DRUNK AND IT'S KEEPING ME UP. I'VE HAD A GUTFUL OF THIS MALARKEY. YOU BASTARDS, STOP BREAKING OUR HEARTS!!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM THE PAST...

Sainternist wrote:ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT.

Jesus H. Christ, haven't these idiots learnt anything yet from the 2009 grand final?!?!

If you waste umpteen chances inside 50m and miss bread and butter shots for goa during the course of a matchl, you simply can't expect to win a bloody game of footy.

When is this darn club going to start rectifying these blunders? Fundamental stuff goes to the wayside and breaks our bloody hearts everytime.

FAIR DINKUM...IT'S ALMOST 3AM, I'M DRUNK AND IT'S KEEPING ME UP. I'VE HAD A GUTFUL OF THIS MALARKEY. YOU BASTARDS, STOP BREAKING OUR HEARTS!!!
WOW! Such pain and frustration in your post there colleague :cry: I feel that pain too :( If it's ANY consolation to you, the boys put in a fantastic effort, and I STILL believe we are going to see light at the end of this ( seemingly) impenetrable darkness. Keep that chin up mate! Pain goes away. Incidentally, the BIG difference (for me) between yesterday and 2009 is the levels of senior experience available to us on both days. But I see where you're coming from: that squandered opportunity by Gresham was right out of the Stephen Milne playbook :roll: However, I'm prepared to cut young Jade a wee bit of slack, Milney (in 2009) had WAY more experience. Good luck getting to sleep! Good luck with the hangover! Regards as ever: Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mmmmmm
Not many in team on or off field were around in 2009
And Jade and Jacks exept the 150 gamer were just beginning to dream of playing AFL

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

If you thought we'd be a contender this year, that's your own fault.

If your dream of 2017 glory has been shattered, that's your fault.

We will contend when our draftees of 2013 begin to peak. I'm hoping that's 2020.

But you've got to be honest about it, we're just not good enough yet.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:If you thought we'd be a contender this year, that's your own fault.

We will contend when our draftees of 2013 begin to peak. I'm hoping that's 2020.

Certainly do not think we were a contender but expect a team to win from that postion......
Our loss nothing to do with thinking about being a contender....but appears to be just an excuse for many

saint4life
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Certainly do not think we were a contender but expect a team to win from that postion......
Our loss nothing to do with thinking about being a contender....but appears to be just an excuse for many

I was referring to the 'broken hearts' bit.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:If you thought we'd be a contender this year, that's your own fault.

What's this contending bit mean?

Making finals or wining the flag?

You have to have a year of scraping into the eight before entertaining winning the flag the following year or year after.

This year is all about trying to scrape into the eight. Doesn't matter if we get pummelled in our first final

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

What's this contending bit mean?

Making finals or wining the flag?

You have to have a year of scraping into the eight before entertaining winning the flag the following year or year after.

This year is all about trying to scrape into the eight. Doesn't matter if we get pummelled in our first final
Either.

I don't think we're good enough to make the 8.

If you choose to build up unrealistic hope, then you've only got yourself to blame when it doesn't come to fruition. Crying and moaning at the club about it is futile, and just blaming someone else for your own issues.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I had my meltdown last week. I hate f#@king Swans.

Really gutted yesterday obviously but at least we were in a position to win. Previous two losses we were nowhere near and played that horrible overuse of handball game that drives me mad.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Johnny, just let the guy have his meltdown
....its all part of that massive mistake we all made when we became a Saints fan. :roll:

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Johnny, just let the guy have his meltdown
....its all part of that massive mistake we all made when we became a Saints fan. :roll:

Mistake? What mistake? I was born a saint. No choice for me.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

But if we had have held on to win yesterday, WE COULDA BEEN A CONTENDER; WE COULDA BEEN SOMEBODY... :cry:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
WOW! Such pain and frustration in your post there colleague :cry: I feel that pain too :( If it's ANY consolation to you, the boys put in a fantastic effort, and I STILL believe we are going to see light at the end of this ( seemingly) impenetrable darkness. Keep that chin up mate! Pain goes away. Incidentally, the BIG difference (for me) between yesterday and 2009 is the levels of senior experience available to us on both days. But I see where you're coming from: that squandered opportunity by Gresham was right out of the Stephen Milne playbook :roll: However, I'm prepared to cut young Jade a wee bit of slack, Milney (in 2009) had WAY more experience. Good luck getting to sleep! Good luck with the hangover! Regards as ever: Dave
Thanks Jiggster! The hangover is far milder than what I thought I'd be copping today. I don't normally get blotto, much prefer a few beers, but that loss yesterday seemed to give me Vietnam-style flashbacks. Apologies for the outburst. Just needed to tee off. Fortunately, I made it to sleep not long afterwards.

I actually listened to the game on the radio, with SA biased commentators. It was the only game I didn't witness through me eyes this season. Perhaps that was why it was a more painful than usual. But I'll take in consideration that you were with the boys on the road for the interstate trip two weeks running and is pretty darn good effort, mate. Good on you, Jiggster. Love the optimism and loyalty.

As you used to say: GO SAINTS! ...And to hell with the rest.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Thanks Jiggster! The hangover is far milder than what I thought I'd be copping today. I don't normally get blotto, much prefer a few beers, but that loss yesterday seemed to give me Vietnam-style flashbacks. Apologies for the outburst. Just needed to tee off. Fortunately, I made it to sleep not long afterwards.

I actually listened to the game on the radio, with SA biased commentators. It was the only game I didn't witness through me eyes this season. Perhaps that was why it was a more painful than usual. But I'll take in consideration that you were with the boys on the road for the interstate trip two weeks running and is pretty darn good effort, mate. Good on you, Jiggster. Love the optimism and loyalty.

As you used to say: GO SAINTS! ...And to hell with the rest.
"As I USED to say"? :shock: d'you know something I DON'T, colleague? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the ticket mate! Can't keep us Sainters down for long! Let's you and I, and ALL our Saints colleagues, KEEP ROLLING with the punches! (actually, I thought yesterday, at one stage, that I'd LITERALLY be " rolling with the punches :lol: thank you SA Police!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
But if we had have held on to win yesterday, WE COULDA BEEN A CONTENDER; WE COULDA BEEN SOMEBODY... :cry:

Nah, the final result yesterday is irrelevant in terms of our short term prospects.

IMO.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Nah, the final result yesterday is irrelevant in terms of our short term prospects.

IMO.
That makes absolutely no sense. How was it irrelevant?

Come on, Einstein - WE NEEDED A WIN.