Roo and Joey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Roo and Joey

Sadly tonight is evidence that Roo and Joey are no longer needed at the Saints.
The decision I believe will be made this week.

While their leadership may have got us over the line tonight, it was obvious others took the opportunity to stand up in their absence.
Dunstan is and has been a leader his whole football career, he looked every bit the future leader he will be tonight. He is only one example

Membry and Bruce will be fine up forward and with Paddy they will be a good enough forward line.

Our midfield needs class

To put it simply, if we don't get Kelly we need to expect another year 11th or lower.

Get Kelly and Rockliff however, we will be good enough for top 4. BUUUT this won't happen without better coaches. Whether Richo is moved on this year or next we need to get better assistant coaches, we won't win big finals with who we have at helm at the minute. With support Richo could get it done...but to be honest he has a long way to go....reminds me a lot of Mcartny at the dogs 4 years ago....if this seems harsh but my question to everyone would be, where do you think we would have finished this year if Clarkson was our coach...?

Tonight's game was terribly disappointing and unacceptable. While we played well to be in a position to win, no team should lose the way we did tonight. The last 3 weeks have made supporting the saints very hard.
But perspective is a great thing and while tonight was very disappointing at least we can now use the next 4 weeks to say goodbye to an absolute club legend.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Roo and Joey

Yeah, sack the coach. That is the StKilda spirit!

Saint supporter since '62
The Recruit
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:Yeah, sack the coach. That is the StKilda spirit!
Didn't say sack him. If the club can't get better people around him unfortunately he might just not be up to it.
I hope he can do better next year but if Richo misses finals again in 2018 he will not be the coach at the stkilda fc in 2019

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

I reckon coach has over-performed to have us winning over 50% of games last 2 years.
Where is our team any better than average?
_Rucks C grade on a good day
_Midfield B-
-Forwards B-
-Backs B plus
- elite match-winners zero
-captain (Brearley) would be lucky to get a game in most other teams!

So let's just sack Richo, that should fix everything!

The Recruit
Club Player

Our backline is an A

I never said the saints should sack him. I am simply saying our current coaches are not collectively up to AFL standard.
The club is responsible to ensure this is improved.

I did also state we need some elite talent. It goes hand in hand...
In summary

Roo and Montagna are done
We need better midfielders
Our coaches need to improve

That easy