Match Thread Saints v Port Round 19 2017

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Port Round 19 2017

nobhead wrote:
SoopaSaint wrote:Too many short-stepping arm tacklers in the team to be any good. Thank goodness we don't embarrass ourselves by playing against the men of the competition in Finals! Disgusted. Yes - I should be proud we gave our best. I should be proud that for the past 25 years 'we gave our best.' Right now is about the time I become a little impatient. Clean the place out. Sick of being second to the ball... sick of stylish players with no heart... sick of try-hards in our colours... sick of accepting mediocrity.
I have followed and supported this club for 40 odd years and im sick of the mediocrity as well
But i have a solution and that is i dont give a flying toss bag anymore because theres only so much disappointment one person can take
Im convinced this club will never win a flag in my lifetime doesnt matter who they draft.they just have a looser culture dont reckon that will ever change.

After that post i can see that your nick really suits you.

The_President
Club Player

No goal review?

SuperDuper
Club Player

Lonies whole game right now is trying for free kicks. He just does not have the speed to make up for his lack of height.

He milked an early free and got a goal.. but it is just not enough

I hope he can improve, is only young... but right now he costs us more by losing contests and being too small to compete in the air or lay effective tackles, than he gains us by milking frees.

We have enough small forwards with Gresh and Billings, so I just dont see why we need him there..

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:Lonies whole game right now is trying for free kicks. He just does not have the speed to make up for his lack of height.

I hope he can improve, is only young... but right now he costs us more by losing contests and being too small to compete in the air or lay effective tackles, than he gains us by milking frees.

We have enough small forwards with Gresh and Billings, so I just dont see why we need him there..
If he stays on the list he has to get on the protein powder, hit the gym, get an upper body and learn how to tackle

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:Lonies whole game right now is trying for free kicks. He just does not have the speed to make up for his lack of height.

If he stays on the list he has to get on the protein powder, hit the gym, get an upper body and learn how to tackle

I would delist him. Too small, too slow and a stager..

nobhead
Club Player

saynta wrote:
nobhead wrote:
SoopaSaint wrote:Too many short-stepping arm tacklers in the team to be any good. Thank goodness we don't embarrass ourselves by playing against the men of the competition in Finals! Disgusted. Yes - I should be proud we gave our best. I should be proud that for the past 25 years 'we gave our best.' Right now is about the time I become a little impatient. Clean the place out. Sick of being second to the ball... sick of stylish players with no heart... sick of try-hards in our colours... sick of accepting mediocrity.
I have followed and supported this club for 40 odd years and im sick of the mediocrity as well
But i have a solution and that is i dont give a flying toss bag anymore because theres only so much disappointment one person can take
Im convinced this club will never win a flag in my lifetime doesnt matter who they draft.they just have a looser culture dont reckon that will ever change.

Just my opinion mate dont like it no need to post a smart arse response
If you think the club will have the ultimate success one day good luck to you .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote:
saynta wrote:
nobhead wrote:

Just my opinion mate dont like it no need to post a smart arse response
If you think the club will have the ultimate success one day good luck to you .

Stand by my comment nobby.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Can anybody tell me why we have recruited so many small forwards who can't go into the guts and kick very few goals?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The fans needed a replacement for Mooolnie :wink:

He sh1t, even the name sounds the same :lol: 8-)

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:10 quarters in a row we've lost.
We won the last quarter against Sydney.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
St.Roly
Club Player

[