Earth to tony74

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Earth to tony74

Gone missing this week it seems!

Last we we supposedly had a good week on the track and the players were ready.

Maybe this week they all hit the pub somewhere and had a few good sessions!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Earth to tony74

Good op.

Really stick it to the man... for some reason

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe GT took them to the movies.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I wonder if tony74 can enlighten us as to why Hamill is still a forward coach
when none of our forwards are doing any good.
In a V8 Supercars team, if the engine keeps failing, and they are locked into a parts contract
and can't get a different parts supplier
(the forwards are under contract)
they have to look at the main mechanic (forwards coach) and
either:
- organise refresher training for him
- or demote him to refueler (water bottle carrier)
and find another mechanic.
If this is baiting, I apologise but it's frustrating.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Maybe he doesn't come in here because of guys like you roasting him for giving a little inside info out of the goodness his heart

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:Maybe he doesn't come in here because of guys like you roasting him for giving a little inside info out of the goodness his heart
Not roasting stating facts. He said we were up and about last week and we failed. That's a fact.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Geez us poor Tony just passed on what he thought and gets fried cause it's not written in stone........ relax ffs we are not good enough - Hawks are ahead of us already. It doesn't matter if we are "up and about" if the cattle can't hit a target by hand or foot under pressure, move the ball with any fluency then we are rooted

But let's give Tony a break....

“Yeah….nah””
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'd just love to get Tony74's insights of our track form. I value his input, but realise he can't give too much away or make criticisms of individuals. It would be good to get a handle on the mood, attitude and standard.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:Maybe he doesn't come in here because of guys like you roasting him for giving a little inside info out of the goodness his heart
Not roasting stating facts. He said we were up and about last week and we failed. That's a fact.
Tony gave an opinion, that's a fact.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Didnt Tony take them all to get their nails done?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

You can be up and about on one day (ie training) and not on another (ie game day). :idea:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Always wondered why people on here give Tony a hard time? All he does is give us snippets from the inner sanctum and occasionally opinions of how guys are travelling. Ok to disagree or even question but to vent at him is quite childish. Pretty sure he would want us to play well at least as much as anyone on here.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Always wondered why people on here give Tony a hard time? All he does is give us snippets from the inner sanctum and occasionally opinions of how guys are travelling. Ok to disagree or even question but to vent at him is quite childish. Pretty sure he would want us to play well at least as much as anyone on here.
I think the issue may be that perhaps some view what Tony says as greater than gospel.

Like Paddy trained well today is an iron clad guarantee that he'll kick 37 goals next week

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Like Tony74 may just take what future info he wants to pass on over to Big Footy because of you dillberrys.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Always wondered why people on here give Tony a hard time? All he does is give us snippets from the inner sanctum and occasionally opinions of how guys are travelling. Ok to disagree or even question but to vent at him is quite childish. Pretty sure he would want us to play well at least as much as anyone on here.
Well said!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Imagine how badly we would have lost if we weren't up and about.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Numpty

I couldn't agree more, believe me! My thanks to tony74 for his service. We accomplished a lot together, believe me. He was loyal in his dedication to the president. I thank him and his family for his great service to the club, and he will always be a member of the trumped team. Believe me. #makingdedicationgrateagain

The Recruit
Club Player

Hawks are not in front of us. They are still sliding. They will be worse next year and we will beat them again.

minneapolis
Club Player

When we win we are top 4 and may pinch a flag.

When we lose Tony74 is a muddle-headed optimist.

Simple minded people need someone to blame.

Tony please ignore their outbursts and continue to post. You input is appreciated by the average supporter.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:Hawks are not in front of us. They are still sliding. They will be worse next year and we will beat them again.
The Recruit; I agree with you 100%. Hawthorn have been absolutely awesome over the past five-six years, but are, as you say "sliding" (albeit kicking and screaming) When Burgoyne and Roughead give it away, they'll be very hard to replace. They may well live to regret giving up their draft picks to us.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
The Recruit wrote:Hawks are not in front of us. They are still sliding. They will be worse next year and we will beat them again.
The Recruit; I agree with you 100%. Hawthorn have been absolutely awesome over the past five-six years, but are, as you say "sliding" (albeit kicking and screaming) When Burgoyne and Roughead give it away, they'll be very hard to replace. They may well live to regret giving up their draft picks to us.
There's still a big chance they will finish on top of us this year meaning our pick will be the lower one.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
There's still a big chance they will finish on top of us this year meaning our pick will be the lower one.
True, but there's still a way to go.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
In theory you are correct.

But I was down at Sandy yesterday and saw the incredible talent that are the Box Hill Hawks. They have plenty coming through.

The Hawks kill us by miles on the development of young players.

So it may not happen. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks play finals on 2018.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I have had a question over our player development over the last few years as I just think too many players are not taking the extra step in their individual skill sets. I see a lot of potential, but the worry is that it goes no further. Successful clubs really shine in development and seem to be able to get the most out of what we would see as middle rung players, or even players we may not want to recruit- and in our case we have a lot of players running around in and out of the seniors not really going anywhere... almost like the coach is frustrated and doesn't know what to do about it.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

spert wrote:I have had a question over our player development over the last few years as I just think too many players are not taking the extra step in their individual skill sets. I see a lot of potential, but the worry is that it goes no further. Successful clubs really shine in development and seem to be able to get the most out of what we would see as middle rung players, or even players we may not want to recruit- and in our case we have a lot of players running around in and out of the seniors not really going anywhere... almost like the coach is frustrated and doesn't know what to do about it.
Wright
D-mack
Meatball
Lonie
Pierce
Billings (hot n cold but can't kick goals either)
Weller
Gresh (off the boil most of the year)
Steele (sure he can tackle, but his kicking is no good)
Stuv (can't beat a tag)
Savagge (although seems to have improved on return)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee