Rock Paper Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Rock Paper Sinclair

Saints flog Hawks; Sydney flog Saints; Hawks beat Sydney - 5 goal week-is-a-long time Sinclair looks like a clod, McAvoy looks like a star. Dear Forum why is this. I ask youse because I don't think any of the Saints' coaching panel has a clue. Obviously only a chosen few like A. Clarkson would really know before hand. Not frustrated, damn cross. Yeah but, yeah but no, yes FRUSTRATED. Last week was a joke Saints coaches, on us. Please deliver something ok-ish tomorrow evening. Am I venting irrationally? Taking medicine now.....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rock Paper Sinclair

Hawks are a different team mentally now to when we played them. And so are we.

Hawks would comfortably beat us if we played them in the final month.

Clarko is the master, Richo a mere imposter.

Hawks had about 6 of their best 22 out.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

It's amazing what you can do with an actual game plan.

Nee!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Its the non-development of our players. Don't tell me Billings wouldn't be a star with a team like Hawthorn.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Club Fabric, ours is not great as we know!!!!!

That's why the club needs to make a stance and change it, start with Joey and Rooey decisions, club to dictate!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
ace
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:It's amazing what you can do with an actual game plan.
And over $20 million more in poker machine profits.
Plus all the other profits that come sales surrounding those pokies.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Well, why don't you all go and barrack for Hawthorn?

Oh, I forgot. You'd have nothing to whinge about

Saint supporter since '62
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Whinge = to complain peevishly. So nailed to the wooden spoon lets sing ..."Always look on the bright side of life... de dum" (de dum, doesn't he recruit for the Saints)

takeaway
Club Player

Swans had two late outs, which is disruptive, Kennedy got injured, Sinclair was never going to repeat his effort last week, Swans were due for a downer.

Nothing in it really.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Club Fabric, ours is not great as we know!!!!!

That's why the club needs to make a stance and change it, start with Joey and Rooey decisions, club to dictate!!!!!
There's truth in what you are saying here.
We actually get an opportunity today to see what the next generation is made of. At the end of last season when I saw the 2017 fixture I saw these two weeks as definite losses, but we catch Port at a strange time in our modern history.
There will be no Riewoldt, Montagna, Gilbert, Armitage, Dempster or Fisher in the side for the first time in a generation almost, and it is interstate where we have a bogey, which adds another dimension to the difficulty. But these outs mean that our young players and new additions are not burdened by St. Kilda's history.
If we win today it will build enormous self-belief in the squad who run out in the St. Kilda jumper this afternoon, and the wet weather over there will help us.
If the new brigade aren't up it, then at least we will know that we are going to need to go back to the draft and get serious about our trading at the end of the year.
In some ways today is Year Zero for the next chapter in the history of the St.KFC.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Hawks are a different team mentally now to when we played them. And so are we.

yep

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Hawks are a different team mentally now to when we played them. And so are we.

yep
We have played most of the season four players down though - and we are a developing team, not a side which has won four flags and lost another.
All year we've been without Freeman, Goddard, Dempster and (since Round 2) Armitage.
How were the Hawks and the Swans going when they didn't have access to Hodge, Rampe etc. at the beginning of the season? I think we need to put all of this into perspective.
Today we go into a match interstate with what would probably be ten of our first picked players out through injury. Let's see how we go today.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

yep
We have played most of the season four players down though - and we are a developing team, not a side which has won four flags and lost another.
All year we've been without Freeman, Goddard, Dempster and (since Round 2) Armitage.
How were the Hawks and the Swans going when they didn't have access to Hodge, Rampe etc. at the beginning of the season? I think we need to put all of this into perspective.
Today we go into a match interstate with what would probably be ten of our first picked players out through injury. Let's see how we go today.
and the question is would we doing any better with those players in ? hypotheticals

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Hawks had some luck.

Again.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

The Fireman wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

yep
and the question is would we doing any better with those players in ? hypotheticals
Exactly.

Dempster was old and may have been no good this year anyway.

Freeman is unknown. Has played less games than Tommy Walsh did.

Goddard is so slow he won't make it, if he ever gets over his injury issues.

Next excuse??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Armitage has been the only long term injury of real consequence up until recently. We've been lucky with injury

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Its the non-development of our players. Don't tell me Billings wouldn't be a star with a team like Hawthorn.
This. + 100. Billings, Sinclair, Gresham, Marshall, McKenzie, White, Dunstan, Acres and Paddy( subject to luck and injury). I wonde how good these players would now be if they had landed at Teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, and Adelaide, which have had extraordinary success in developing players, without the luxury of high draft picks. Geelong has had just one active top ten pick in the last 11 years. Joel Selwood. They traded pick 9 as part of the Dangerfield deal. Hawthorn and Adelaide have had to rely on clever trading as well, but it's what you do with the players once you get them that counts. As the old saying goes, talent will only take you so far.

For all we know, they may be as advanced as they can be, but all the players named above have shown enough signs at various times to indicate they are capable of much more than their current outputs. WS is right about Hamill. I don't know what he's done or changed, but we've gone from threatening to a disorganised mess in the space of a season. A change in the development personnel is needed as well.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's weird how quickly a discussion about the superiority of the Hawks over us quickly leads on to the same old, same old "sack the oldies, play the kids!" nonsense.

One 33 yo and one 34 yo in last night's winning team. Clarko, unlike most on here, appreciates the value of having 2-3 veterans leading the kids.

When fit, Roo and Joey occupy 2 spots, leaving plenty for whoever this week's forum favourite (ie, a VFL player almost none of us have seen) to compete for.

I would hope the club's priority for the off season is to recruit talent, not get rid of the talent we have.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift