Life or death?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Life or death?

Its a GAME.

AFL, Soccer, Cricket, Baseball, Rugby, Tennis, Badminton, Darts, Tiddleywinks, Monopoly, Sudoku, drinking....(how did THAT get in? :? ) ALL of 'em just GAMES! Pastimes, thats all!

Try telling that to some folk and they'll tell you they're WAY more important than that, even to the point where their lives are plunged into despair over an adverse result (god help the poor blighters)

I (for my sins) chose to follow this club. I'm reasonably passionate in my support for the St Kilda Footy Club. Ive paid membership fees since 2000, and try to get to as many games as possible.

Does following the Saints mean everything to me?.......... NO! Its a pastime, albeit a consuming one. Football results will never determine if my life has any meaning, (good luck to those who feel otherwise)

If we can't have a bit of a laugh, or a bit of fun on this forum, if we can't see the situation at the club with anything less than a smile, then I worry about some people.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
robbie muir
Club Player

Re: Life or death?

Bill Shankly the famous Liverpool Manager once said

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing"

I have followed this club since I went to my first game in 1970 as an 8 year old.

Been a member now for 42 years and other than my family I love nothing more than the St.Kilda Football Club.

Just waiting for that one day in September. It will come, just don't know when.

For me it is much more than just a game.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote:Bill Shankly the famous Liverpool Manager once said

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing"

I have followed this club since I went to my first game in 1970 as an 8 year old.

Been a member now for 42 years and other than my family I love nothing more than the St.Kilda Football Club.

Just waiting for that one day in September. It will come, just don't know when.

For me it is much more than just a game.
Good on you!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
spert
Saintsational Legend

I've been waiting since I listened to our last premiership on the crystal set back in '66.

Seems to be that we win games, it all looks good, then the wheels fall of and it then becomes a "development" year, or we're in the middle of a "rebuild" and it will all come together in two years.

Groundhog day.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I've been waiting since I listened to our last premiership on the crystal set back in '66.

Seems to be that we win games, it all looks good, then the wheels fall of and it then becomes a "development" year, or we're in the middle of a "rebuild" and it will all come together in two years.

Groundhog day.
It's like deja vu all over again.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I've been waiting since I listened to our last premiership on the crystal set back in '66.

Groundhog day.
A post without potting the coach!

Are you feeling OK? :oops:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Groundhog day.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

who was that English football guy who made a comment about football like
"The natural attitude of the supporter is despair"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
spert
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:

Groundhog day.

Oh yeah.. sack Richo! He will get the boot anyway.