Wish Jiggster well - Sydney then Adelaide!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Wish Jiggster well - Sydney then Adelaide!

Poor Dave - he's got another flogging to watch live.

Buckle up ol' boy!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wish Jiggster well - Sydney then Adelaide!

saintspremiers wrote:Poor Dave - he's got another flogging to watch live.

Buckle up ol' boy!!
Thanks for your (ahem ) "concern" champ. Don't worry about me, every cloud has a silver lining....... I won't have "troops" like yourself in the trenches with me, so THAT'S a bonus!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
noddy04
Club Player

The Jigger will be fine...i will have his back :)

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
Thanks for your (ahem ) "concern" champ. Don't worry about me, every cloud has a silver lining....... I won't have "troops" like yourself in the trenches with me, so THAT'S a bonus!!!!!!!!
History shows that in WW1, the trenches weren't nice. They had to wee n poo in a bucket, there was dysentery, lice, all sorts of diseases, then the mustard gas...
Would rather watch the disaster on TV and turn off when the margin exceeds 7 goals

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
History shows that in WW1, the trenches weren't nice. They had to wee n poo in a bucket, there was dysentery, lice, all sorts of diseases, then the mustard gas...
Would rather watch the disaster on TV and turn off when the margin exceeds 7 goals
Fair comment WS, re: "the trenches" I meant no disrespect to those who made the sacrifice. I made the comment as a way of illustrating an opinion. I apologise if my choice of words is less than perfect.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
Fair comment WS, re: "the trenches" I meant no disrespect to those who made the sacrifice. I made the comment as a way of illustrating an opinion. I apologise if my choice of words is less than perfect.
That conflict happened 100 years ago, it's fine to use the words "the trenches" as a perfect metaphor to highlight a
gruelling, horrid and seemingly pointless experience that requires persistence, courage and never-say-die attitude
I think I've just described sitting through a typical Saints game :shock: :lol:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
That conflict happened 100 years ago, it's fine to use the words "the trenches" as a perfect metaphor to highlight a
gruelling, horrid and seemingly pointless experience that requires persistence, courage and never-say-die attitude
I think I've just described sitting through a typical Saints game :shock: :lol:
Yes mate, I think you've nailed it! :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:The Jigger will be fine...i will have his back :)
Looking forward to catching up with the Noddster! :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
Thanks for your kind words and enjoy the game. If you can!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

Buckle up ol' boy!!
Thanks for your kind words and enjoy the game. If you can!
You're welcome! And I will! Go Saints!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Be interesting to get a comparison between Sydney and Power fans. Also if Crows let off flares at their games watch out for Port's response. Shoot someone from a cannon? Anyway tear them apart and watch out for Kochie.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote:Be interesting to get a comparison between Sydney and Power fans. Also if Crows let off flares at their games watch out for Port's response. Shoot someone from a cannon? Anyway tear them apart and watch out for Kochie.
Never been to Adelaide Oval. I went to Football Park in 2012 and the highlight was the chicken salt. They have that now at Etihad so mehhhh

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Keep punching, Jiggster!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Keep punching, Jiggster!
Same to you dear friend! Hope you're feeling much better than you did a wee while back mate, and that "time is healing" I'm looking forward to seeing the Noddster at Adelaide Oval. I owe him a drink, and a big hug for what he did for me a while back. He gave me a ( deserved ) serve regarding my levels of support (V the Crows) it brought me back to reality with a THUD! Just what the Jiggster needed at that time!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Same to you dear friend! Hope you're feeling much better than you did a wee while back mate, and that "time is healing" I'm looking forward to seeing the Noddster at Adelaide Oval. I owe him a drink, and a big hug for what he did for me a while back. He gave me a ( deserved ) serve regarding my levels of support (V the Crows) it brought me back to reality with a THUD! Just what the Jiggster needed at that time!
Sad thing is the result vs Swines was similar to the Adelaide game, but the effort in Sydney was there

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Cheers, Jiggster! Yeah it has been onwards and upwards since then. It has only been a couple of months, but definitely over the worst of it.

Is the Noddster the guy who goes under the handle Noddy on the forum?
saintspremiers wrote:Sad thing is the result vs Swines was similar to the Adelaide game, but the effort in Sydney was there
No, I thought they were just as pathetic against the Swines as they were in the Crows game. Really lacklustre stuff.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Cheers, Jiggster! Yeah it has been onwards and upwards since then. It has only been a couple of months, but definitely over the worst of it.

Is the Noddster the guy who goes under the handle Noddy on the forum?
saintspremiers wrote:Sad thing is the result vs Swines was similar to the Adelaide game, but the effort in Sydney was there
No, I thought they were just as pathetic against the Swines as they were in the Crows game. Really lacklustre stuff.
Good to hear you're on the up! Yes Noddy04 is "The Noddster"

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Have a great trip, Dave.

Have you booked your tickets to Ruzomberok?! :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:Have a great trip, Dave.

Have you booked your tickets to Ruzomberok?! :D
Thanks mate! :) :D Adelaide holds NO fear for the old Jiggster (I've survived Elland Road and Stamford Bridge ) Noddy04 has assured me of my safety! Yes mate! All booked for Ruzomberok! (In spirit ! ) COYB!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Jigster, I have only been to one afl game in Adelaide. That was the final in 2004 that we lost by six points. A more ratbag crowd I have never found at an AFL match.. Port supporters remind me of Port Melbourne supporters in the old days. I was with my then 10 yr old grandson, and I was challenged to several fights during the course of the match, simply because I was barracking f0r the Saints..... Good luck, and have a great time.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Jigster, I have only been to one afl game in Adelaide. That was the final in 2004 that we lost by six points. A more ratbag crowd I have never found at an AFL match.. Port supporters remind me of Port Melbourne supporters in the old days. I was with my then 10 yr old grandson, and I was challenged to several fights during the course of the match, simply because I was barracking f0r the Saints..... Good luck, and have a great time.
Yes they hate Vics over there at the football

A number of years ago my then boss who was born and bread in SA, but was living in Vic, was back in his hometown and made the mistake of driving his car with Vic Plates to the football.

He came out after the game to discover that every panel of his car had been keyed. So his car was keyed for the sole reason that it had Vic plates.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Jigster, I have only been to one afl game in Adelaide. That was the final in 2004 that we lost by six points. A more ratbag crowd I have never found at an AFL match.. Port supporters remind me of Port Melbourne supporters in the old days. I was with my then 10 yr old grandson, and I was challenged to several fights during the course of the match, simply because I was barracking f0r the Saints..... Good luck, and have a great time.
Yes they hate Vics over there at the football

A number of years ago my then boss who was born and bread in SA, but was living in Vic, was back in his hometown and made the mistake of driving his car with Vic Plates to the football.

He came out after the game to discover that every panel of his car had been keyed. So his car was keyed for the sole reason that it had Vic plates.
Been there three times to moron park. Never had a moments bother. As I say, when you can survive Leeds, Manchester, London and Birmingham following the " other " football, those dudes are pussycats! :lol: :lol: :lol:

freely
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: when you can survive Leeds, Manchester, London and Birmingham following the " other " football, those dudes are pussycats! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oo Jiggster - braver than you look!

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

3 Votes to the Scouse Jiggster
They breed them tough up there

Nee!
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

My fiance and I went to Sydney and we are going over to Adelaide as well.

These were all booked at the start of the seaason, so it is what it is!

Sydney are a very good football team and were just too good for us on the wekeend.

I am hoping we can get over the line in Adelaide and it will make this all worth it with the season back on track.

Hmmm....

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss