Goodbye 2017

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goodbye 2017

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I knew where we were after the first Sydney game, the diff between us and a good team. was thinking at the start of this year we were on the way...have learnt since then we have stalled, was hoping for a better 2018 but now it maybe 2019 as I can't see us being world beaters with what we have. Draft and trade table may swing things in our favour at the end of this season , if not 2019.

I simply cannot find my rose coloured glasses.
Fiery, I think I recall you once saying it's better to maintain low expectations as Saints supporter; that way you'll never end up too disappointed.

This seems like a very pragmatic philosophy to have. I might have to adopt it myself!
I go to the game with NO expectations.....either high, or low. However I ALWAYS go to the game with BELIEF that we can win!
Going to a game with the belief that we will win is an expectation.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goodbye 2017

The Fireman wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I knew where we were after the first Sydney game, the diff between us and a good team. was thinking at the start of this year we were on the way...have learnt since then we have stalled, was hoping for a better 2018 but now it maybe 2019 as I can't see us being world beaters with what we have. Draft and trade table may swing things in our favour at the end of this season , if not 2019.

I simply cannot find my rose coloured glasses.
Fiery, I think I recall you once saying it's better to maintain low expectations as Saints supporter; that way you'll never end up too disappointed.

This seems like a very pragmatic philosophy to have. I might have to adopt it myself!
I go to the game with NO expectations.....either high, or low. However I ALWAYS go to the game with BELIEF that we can win!
Going to a game with the belief that we will win is an expectation.

In YOUR opinion mate, and you're perfectly entitled to it. :D

At the risk of repeating myself, I go to each game with neither HIGH or LOW "expectations" It's WAY too unpredictable a code for that, - at least for me, anyway. I always carry with me to the stadium, a firm BELIEF, that we CAN win, no point in bothering otherwise.

Whether I'm correct or not in this, is for others to judge, but (in my humble opinion) there is a subtle difference between "expectation" and " belief"

I guess there's no right or wrong way to barrack for a club if the barracker feels comfortable.

All sorts of ways to skin a cat after all!

Have a good one! AND...... GO SAINTS! :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)