Football desire of Dangerfield

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Football desire of Dangerfield

Watching the game last night, it became apparent a lot of stkilda players simply dont want the ball enough.

Fact is we no longer have players at the very low skill level of McQualter, C Jones, or Raph Clarke. All the players on the park last night have what I consider good skills. And good enough awareness.

But desire?????? Where is it? Where the f*** is it?

You watch Dangerfield, he is manic with his attack on the football. He is absolutely possessed with hunger to get his bloody hands on the football. Where is ours?

It was frustrating watching this saints team fail to click. They are almost there, but missing desire i get this odd feeling when a saints player gets the ball he doesnt want it. We all saw what happened in the richmond game. That desire from every saint on the park to get the ball. It is infectious, it is a positive feedback loop. You throw everything at the ball, your team mates do it, the next guy does it, a few consecutive goals are kicked, the energy from the saints fans feeds back into it.

Confidence and belief grows and the game becomes bloody enjoyable for the players and fans alike. I see us on the cusp, almost there. But need more ferocity at the football.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Football desire of Dangerfield

+1

Danger is like a ravenous tiger, nothing will get in his way. And when he gets the ball, he is desperate to deliver it
properly to a team mate in a better spot.

We have absolutely nobody in that headspace, except maybe Stuv, but he brings that only when the team is on a roll and everyone is
running hard.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Football desire of Dangerfield

We have one kid who plays this way - and I believe he has been told not to - Paddy McCartin - when he started with us he had a see ball get ball attitude - due to his injuries, I believe, he has been told to play as an outsider.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!