Mr. Richardson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Mr. Richardson

Am starting to have real doubts about Richo.

Specifically, that he's too process driven and mechanical.

There comes a point, unless you're dealing with machines, where all the process driven system system orientation can become an empty shell if there's no passion and substance oiling the moving parts.

We've all heard the repetition of various phrases in press conferences and I've watched clips of new players being given the news that they're going to debut....i.e White, Long. At the time of watching them something made me uncomfortable and it was the feeling that Richo was not exactly inspiring.

The whole team and several of our young players seem to have gone backwards and I'm wondering if they're not actually all there playing for him. Perhaps his 'process orientation' is sucking the passion and fire out of players. It shows up on field as blokes not taking a shot when in range, basically not backing themselves.
Are our players having their flair, drive and passion ''processed' out of them.

Something is not right, that's for sure. To show up and put in a performance like that........

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: Mr. Richardson

Yeah nah. Not pleasing.
He is no good. Extremely average at best. Have always thought so.
His BS mechanical speaking and thinking in the media is a real turn off as well.
In his defence though, he has SFA to work with.

spert
Saintsational Legend

How's this scenario:

Roo -head coach
Lenny, Harvs- assistant midfield/ onball coaches
?

older saint
SS Life Member

Or perhaps we are just not good enough yet!!.

Easy to blame the coach , what about the fact if you line up player v player there is no way we are better than Sydney at this point in time:

- Franklin V Brown
- Kennedy v Steven
- Hannebury v Ross
- Parker v Steele
- Grundy V Bruce
- list goes on.

Without doing the exercise i would think out of 22 match ups we might win 7 or 8 on the talent and experience scale.

Easy to blame the coach but really - even richmond have worked out things can take time and sacking a coach just means a step back reinventing the wheel again

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Or perhaps we are just not good enough yet!!.

Easy to blame the coach , what about the fact if you line up player v player there is no way we are better than Sydney at this point in time:

- Franklin V Brown
- Kennedy v Steven
- Hannebury v Ross
- Parker v Steele
- Grundy V Bruce
- list goes on.

Without doing the exercise i would think out of 22 match ups we might win 7 or 8 on the talent and experience scale.

Easy to blame the coach but really - even richmond have worked out things can take time and sacking a coach just means a step back reinventing the wheel again
Not suggesting sacking him. Just saying I've found hi mechanical and very process driven and there comes a point where you can process the guts out of a bunch of young fellas.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Agree with older saint - and they played us one-on-one across the ground. they knew what they had over us. i'm not sure we won any of our match-ups.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:How's this scenario:

Roo -head coach
?
Why stop there? Might ask Milne to look after entertainment and player morale! :oops:

You definitely win the internets for today!

older saint
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
older saint wrote:Or perhaps we are just not good enough yet!!.

- Franklin V Brown
- Kennedy v Steven
- Hannebury v Ross
- Parker v Steele
- Grundy V Bruce
- list goes on.

Not suggesting sacking him. Just saying I've found hi mechanical and very process driven and there comes a point where you can process the guts out of a bunch of young fellas.
Unfortunately though i think with the talent we have, much mid range to be competitive and for these players to exist long term we need to be process driven as the talent isn't just good enough.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

He knows how to coach. How about looking at the execution of skill. He's not the one missing shots on goal. Basically Carlisle was off and got carved up by a wannabe who was just hungrier for the ball. Guaranteed that this spud will never have another 5 goal haul!! Add in Franklin and you can see the difference. If McCartin was worthy of a No 1 pick and was playing full forward then the difference wouldn't have been so great.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Swans have way too much talent for us. Hopefully our mids can become as good as them, but there is a gulf between us at the moment. up forward we have no one near the level of Franklin any more. What was disappointing, as mentioned, was they wanted it so much more than us. Desire will compensate for a lack of talent, we showed it against Richmond, but were lacking it in spades the last two games. Only Dunstan, Savage, and Lonie (to no effect) really showed any last night.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:The Swans have way too much talent for us. Hopefully our mids can become as good as them, but there is a gulf between us at the moment. up forward we have no one near the level of Franklin any more. What was disappointing, as mentioned, was they wanted it so much more than us. Desire will compensate for a lack of talent, we showed it against Richmond, but were lacking it in spades the last two games. Only Dunstan, Savage, and Lonie (to no effect) really showed any last night.

Lonie?

Give me a break.

He is not even a GOP.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
desertsaint wrote:The Swans have way too much talent for us. Hopefully our mids can become as good as them, but there is a gulf between us at the moment. up forward we have no one near the level of Franklin any more. What was disappointing, as mentioned, was they wanted it so much more than us. Desire will compensate for a lack of talent, we showed it against Richmond, but were lacking it in spades the last two games. Only Dunstan, Savage, and Lonie (to no effect) really showed any last night.

Lonie?

Give me a break.

He is not even a GOP.
no he stunk. but he tried. pity a few more didn't.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

In 2013 when AR was hired, Port were still the flavour of the month. Hinkley was adored. Everyone over rated their system.
Now we are left with a poor man's Port. A Port B side.
We have serious issues.
Anyone that thinks we just need one or two players is delusional.
We need another complete over haul. From the President down to the recruiters. We are vanilla and plain bog average.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:In 2013 when AR was hired, Port were still the flavour of the month. Hinkley was adored. Everyone over rated their system.
Now we are left with a poor man's Port. A Port B side.
We have serious issues.
Anyone that thinks we just need one or two players is delusional.
We need another complete over haul. From the President down to the recruiters. We are vanilla and plain bog average.
not sure whether to agree with you or not,
but you have certainly made some valid points that make sense.
Richo seems to be a bloke with blind faith in his own system and learning, bordering on arrogance.

I had one manager a few years ago that was like that, meetings were always one-way
and although he always started meetings with "I want everyone to feel free to express honest opinions, etc "
it was just empty rhetoric because no matter what data you brought in to back up your suggestions,
he would argue against you, in order to prove that he was the boss.
This Trump-like bloke would table a new process and proclaim it as his own,
3 months after one of us had said it...and he had said no.

I challenge any of the In The Knows to say this is not how Richo operates.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I just watched the GWS game. Kelly is not going to lift us very far. We need more than just Kelly.
We badly need changes to the coaching staff. If we could bring back any of Harvs, Lenny or X-Man it would lift the morale. Of the fans at least.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I just watched the GWS game. Kelly is not going to lift us very far. We need more than just Kelly.
We badly need changes to the coaching staff. If we could bring back any of Harvs, Lenny or X-Man it would lift the morale. Of the fans at least.
How long has "2 weeks" Hamill been a forward coach? He needs to go, as does the midfield coach.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I just watched the GWS game. Kelly is not going to lift us very far. We need more than just Kelly.
Totally agree! Kelly is a good player but we have more holes than he can fill. Richo has lost the team IMO they are playing confused and without purpose at present. The entire coaching staff needs a shake up at seasons end.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Totally agree! Kelly is a good player but we have more holes than he can fill. Richo has lost the team IMO they are playing confused and without purpose at present. The entire coaching staff needs a shake up at seasons end.
In my opinion, I don't care how clever these coaches are, Frawley, Skrobalak, Hamill, Searle etc
How much knowledge they have is irrelevant-
if the players won't or can't understand their message, if the players are playing like a disorganized rabble and can't be competitive in a loss,
then the coaches need to get the DCM (don't come Monday) message
and we have to find new coaches who can damn well COACH
and can inspire the players.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:How's this scenario:

Roo -head coach
?
Post of the year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:
In my opinion, I don't care how clever these coaches are, Frawley, Skrobalak, Hamill, Searle etc
How much knowledge they have is irrelevant-
if the players won't or can't understand their message, if the players are playing like a disorganized rabble and can't be competitive in a loss,
then the coaches need to get the DCM (don't come Monday) message
and we have to find new coaches who can damn well COACH
and can inspire the players.
Don't know what's required in terms of personnel changes. But it does seem that there's a lack of inspiration and collective purpose. What other explanation for such a season of disappointment?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't it just be typical St Kilda mediocrity, sacking Richo and bringing in Banger as the Messiah.

If that happens many long time loyal supporters, including me, will cancel our Membership Direct Debit and turn our back on a foolish Club for good. Here's a News Flash, Robert Harvey cannot Coach!

Why don't we just f**kin' meltdown as we did in 2007? s***, Greg Westaway wants the job back!

Why not continue a great Club tradition. We got rid of Stan Alves for Timmy Watson. We threw a lorry load of cash at Blight then sacked him in half a season (only plain luck that didn't turn into a disaster). Then we dsrespected Ross Lyon so gratuitously that he rightly walked and we replaced him with Scotty Watters. Great form there! And many here want to tread the same idiotic path.

The Peanut
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:... Then we dsrespected Ross Lyon so gratuitously that he rightly walked...
:roll: :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

AFL Current Coaches Records & Statistics

Coach Games Wins Losses Draws Win %

1 Don Pyke 41 30 11 0 73.2%
2 Chris Scott 159 113 44 2 71.1%
3 John Longmire 166 112 52 2 67.5%
4 Luke Beveridge 66 42 24 0 63.6%
5 Alastair Clarkson 300 187 111 2 62.3%
6 Adam Simpson 87 54 32 1 62.1%
7 Ross Lyon 257 154 98 5 59.9%
8 Simon Goodwin 18 10 8 0 55.6%
9 Ken Hinkley 110 61 49 0 55.5%
10 Nathan Buckley 131 68 63 0 51.9%
11 Leon Cameron 85 44 39 2 51.8%
12 Brad Scott 174 89 85 0 51.1%
13 John Worsfold 320 161 157 2 50.3%
14 Rodney Eade 378 187 186 5 49.5%
15 Damien Hardwick 174 85 87 2 48.9%
16 Brendon Bolton 43 17 26 0 39.5%
17 Alan Richardson 83 31 51 1 37.3%
18 Chris Fagan 16 3 13 0 18.8%
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 23 Jul 2017 7:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Happy for Richo to see out his contract next year. But you'd want some serious improvement between now and then.

We've plateaued.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:Happy for Richo to see out his contract next year. But you'd want some serious improvement between now and then.

We've plateaued.

Well said. Give him his fifth year but if we're not in finals (and I doubt it),
then on your bike, chum.