More Pleasure or More Pain?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

More Pleasure or More Pain?

Ok this is a massive sook....but I've just about had it following this Club for 30+ years.
I'm asking you the Saints fans....has following St Kilda given you overall more pleasure or more pain?
Be honest.

Nee!
sainters85
Club Player

Re: More Pleasure or More Pain?

the hawks might finish above us

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:the hawks might finish above us

Well Hawks are winning with an easier fixture than us. The way the saints are playing we will struggle to knock off North.

Maybe Richo is tanking............

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Oh to be a Hawks supporter...when even in their total rebuilds they are competitive.

Nee!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Ok this is a massive sook....but I've just about had it following this Club for 30+ years.
I'm asking you the Saints fans....has following St Kilda given you overall more pleasure or more pain?
Be honest.
30 years= noob
-big Carl
-Barks
_Robbie Muir
-Plugger
-Harvey
_Riewoldt

Always something to console yourself with!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

There is no pleasure following this club, only hope, hope that 51 years into our rebuild we can get it right. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Started with Winmar Lockett for me.....hooked.

Nee!
noddy04
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Ok this is a massive sook....but I've just about had it following this Club for 30+ years.
Be honest.

Hey Fugazi living in SA i get the absolute pi$$ taken out of me on a Monday Morning by all the crow morons and Power clowns when we lose. I just respond by asking them if ANY of them are members and when most of them say no i just tsk tsk and turn away. Being an interstate full member for 26 years and loving it i have been very lucky to be a sainter. I have been lucky enough to go on the MCG, Etihad, AAMI stadium and Adelaide oval with the Cheersquad to help hold the banner. I have run a Chatroom with others and have been into the changerooms pregame at AAMI (invited by GT) and also in the change rooms at Etihad invited by the club. The last time we drew with Geelong. I have driven and flown thousand of kilometers to see games including a 8oo k round trip to watch us play in a trial game at Port Augusta. I LOVE my footy club and no matter how or what we play like i will be a member until i turn up my toes. I have made quite a few friends through my love of the Saints including the Late Eastern. There are quite a few sainters that go to everygame in Aus and abroad. If only i could win the lottery. Fugazi i guess what i am trying to say mate is stay proud and strong because one day we will get to the Golden Chalice and you can proudly say that you STUCK WITH EM :D :D

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:
Be honest.

Hey Fugazi living in SA i get the absolute pi$$ taken out of me on a Monday Morning by all the crow morons and Power clowns when we lose. I just respond by asking them if ANY of them are members and when most of them say no i just tsk tsk and turn away. Being an interstate full member for 26 years and loving it i have been very lucky to be a sainter. I have been lucky enough to go on the MCG, Etihad, AAMI stadium and Adelaide oval with the Cheersquad to help hold the banner. I have run a Chatroom with others and have been into the changerooms pregame at AAMI (invited by GT) and also in the change rooms at Etihad invited by the club. The last time we drew with Geelong. I have driven and flown thousand of kilometers to see games including a 8oo k round trip to watch us play in a trial game at Port Augusta. I LOVE my footy club and no matter how or what we play like i will be a member until i turn up my toes. I have made quite a few friends through my love of the Saints including the Late Eastern. There are quite a few sainters that go to everygame in Aus and abroad. If only i could win the lottery. Fugazi i guess what i am trying to say mate is stay proud and strong because one day we will get to the Golden Chalice and you can proudly say that you STUCK WITH EM :D :D
Good on you Noddy....dont know why but the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. We seem lost in the desert.
Moses was only lost for 40 years......

Nee!
takeaway
Club Player

Pleasure wins by a mile. Lots of downs, but even then we always seem to have one or two superstars to watch, from Baldock/Stewart through to Roo.
The rises up the ladder are much more exiting because of the down years, and we keep coming back.

I guess I have been lucky as I was there in '66, and was also there for the other 6, and except for '65 and the 2nd in 2010, could have won them. They were bloody exciting.

No better team to support. We need to be patient for this build, we are getting there.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It depends.

If you base your self worth on the achievements of 22 strangers each week, then yeah, life would suck.

But if you just follow the footy as a form of entertainment and distraction from real life for a couple vof hours each week, like any sane human being should do, then you'd find that following the Saints brings plenty of pleasure.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Hang in there, fugazi. We've all got a bit of disappointment fatigue. No team has teased its fans more than ours, or delivered as much heartbreak (except maybe the filth). I've been on them for 47 years and the pleasure, excitement and hope outweigh the often major disappointments. What choice do we have? I'm clearly addicted. and I have come to love my addiction, as most addicts do.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Lover lover why do you push
Why do you push, why do you push
Baby baby, did you forget about me

I've been standing in the back of your life
Back row center just above the ice
Please don't ask me how I've been getting off
No please don't ask me how I've been getting off

Break my body, with the back of your hand
Doesn't make sense from where I stand
Baby, baby! oh why you want to mess it up
Sooner or later I'll find my place
Find my body better fix my face
Please don't ask me
How I've been getting off
No please don't ask me
How I've been getting off

It's a fine line between pleasure and pain
You've done it once you can do it again
Whatever you've done don't try to explain
It's a fine, fine line between pleasure and pain (it's all the same)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

My liver hates the Saints

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I hate the losses but oh, they make our wins sweeter!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

That moment in 2010 when I thought we were going to win it. It was amazing. Didnt have it in 2009 but in 2010 thought this is it. Hi Fiving all the saints fans around us ... the next bay was the collingwood cheer squad. That feeling was amazing. I too have felt sick the past two weeks. Some times I wish I didnt care so much

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

As Chrissy Amphlett of the Divinyls once sung: "it's a fine line between pleasure and pain"

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!